“Much nicer Russians” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 183 hotels in Hurghada
Surrey
“Much nicer Russians”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just spent 10 days AI at Coral Beach and we found it excellent. Very pleasant accommodation, clean, well decorated , and everything you need in there including a very comfy bed. The pool and beach were great and the staff just lovely and helpful. The food was a bit bland, but then they are catering for the masses and they catered very well. There was plenty of everything served by smiling chefs whose uniforms were immaculate, and the waiters were always helpful too.The Italian restaurant was very good but we didnt enjoy the fish restaurant.
We asked for a kettle for our bungalow and it was delivered pronto. The Russians we came across were very much nicer than on previous holidays in Egypt, no greed, no pushing to the front of the queue and apart from one no rudeness to the staff. All in all we had a lovely holiday and I would recommend the hotel unreservedly.

Room Tip: All the bungalows seemed to have a pleasant outlook, but we loved the outlook to the beach (4100upwa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Good Day from Very Sunny Hurghada!

I am very pleased to read that you had a fabulous breakaway at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada and that you received nothing but a great hospitable spirit from our Employees.
Thank you for mentioning the Team Members who stood out during your stay, they will be complimented for their valuable addition.
We are very proud for your continuous loyalty and trust, and thank you to be part of the ever growing Rotana Coral Beach Resort family! We are delighted that you feel at home and we wish to have you again soon in your second home.

732 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Firstly the hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful although the language barrier was a big problem,if your selling your hotel to the british you should at least av someone in reception that can speak the language ,we felt like we were alienated as the russians took over and as there the majority at the hotel the staff were treated very badly by them with there rude manners and pure greediness , The food was absolutely disgusting and im not a fussy eater ,couldnt even get a slice of toast and that should be a basic we ate at the italian twice thinkin it would be better ,but the same slops come out of the kitchen ,we paid for our main meal in there and that was acceptable my experience of egypt is nevert going back which was shared by the rest of the English.

Room Tip: Dont ask for a sea view as the russians get the best rooms and views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review & feedback.

We are grateful for your feedback as it will serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve the highest standard of hospitality excellence.

I was disappointed to learn that you weren’t fully satisfied with your food experience. However, please accept my apologies for this inconvenience

In closing, please accept my sincere apologies once again and rest assured that the satisfaction of our valued guests such as your good self is & will always remain our aim.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at Coral Beach Rotana Resort Hurghada

London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I visited coral beach resort in sep 12 with my family, I was happy when we arrived but was soon disappointed after I first night, the food was poor and as we stayed two weeks it was repeated.
It was stressful to get a place in the restaurant and most people were pushy and rude.
Times are too restricted for breakfast lunch and dinner it's too busy and by the time u have waited in line and sat down your food is cold.
There is no where else to eat or get snacks apart from the pool bar where it a strange filled roll has been left in the sun for several hours.
Entertainment is only for an hour and is repeated each week
The apartments were clean and nice however our air conditioner broke down every day for a whole week and with 4 of us in a room this was unbearable, the staff were prompt and sent someone to fix it this obviously did not help though.
The alcohol is poor served in plastic cups at night, don't go here expecting to get drunk it just won't happen unless you are prepared to get ripped off by the haggling shop keepers.
The pool was badly lined with bumps everywhere and not the cleanest however the pool staff were fantastic and went out of there way to help us and were fab with the kids.
We paid to go to the other onsite restaurant nr the beach which was deserted the lights went out for half hour so we were in the dark and the toilets were filthy.
The beach was beautiful and the staff are lovely however this is not a resort for the English in two weeks we only saw 4 other English people so no one else spoke to us apart from the people selling things to you.

It's a shame as if they changed certain things this is in a prime location to be a fab resort x

My one highlight was are safari exercision it was fab x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

First allow me to express our deepest appreciation for the time you have spared to post your feedback on Tripadvisor public website.

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you are satisfied with most of the services provided to your good self throughout your stay. However, in respect to your comment in regards your food experience, I would like to assure you that I have shared your feedback with concerned Department Heads to investigate in order to improve our Food quality.

Concerning the rest of your feedback, Please rest assured will be seriously dealt with and severe corrective actions will be taken as appropriate, with all concerned and/or involved personal.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada.

Best regards
Hotel Manager.
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

10 Dec 2012. Had nine days at this hotel (all inclusive).

Go for: Good Beach location, good weather, very good bungalow accommodation (all bungalows)
in lovely grounds

Don't go for: A gastronomical experience, alcohol (poor), convivial fellow holiday-makers or to play tennis.

Room Tip: All rooms are bungalows but ask for Classic Garden view not far from pool.
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada and for taking the time to post your feedback at Tripadvisor website.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you are satisfied with the services provided to your good self throughout your stay.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Rotana.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Rotana Coral Beach Resort in the near future.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at the Coral Beach Rotana from the 7th December 2012 for 10 nights. This holiday was great, a large complex with plenty of things to do. Shops, resturants, bars, spa and even a beauty sallon on site! The food was great, i am not fussy so i could eat everything, however my partner was a little more fussy and only stuck to the 'dry stuff' and loved the cake! The drinks were ok, very cheap alcahol so not so tasty. The italian resturant was available to use once per stay, i wouldnt bother using it- it was grose! Food in the main hall was much better. I was also reccomended by other guests not to eat in the fish resturant on the beach. There is a Macy D's down the road, just ask one of the guys round the pool and he will tell you where to go.

The room was very clean, cleaned every day by our great cleaner who decorated our room with petals and shaped towels most days. A large 1.5ltr bottle was put in our room each day. I cant thank our cleaner enough. The aircon worked perfectly and a safe box was free and easy to use in the room.

I reccommend asking for a room near the pool (NOT BEACH VIEW) as it is a very long walk to the pool and resturant.

Just to warn you, there are many many russians in egypt, it doesnt matter what hotel you stay at! They like to be first in que and like to barge you out of the way! Just be strong and push a little back! They also like to drink from 9am in the morning so many drunken idiots falling all over around the pool. When i mean drink, they have two bottles by there sun bed, one pure alcohol and one juice.

The one thing i can not be happier with was the people, everyone was so friendly, especially Alaa Eldien in the animations team. Alla Eldien couldnt do anymore to make us any happier or comfortable, any questions he is your man. All the guys around the pool such as Billy the bar man, the towel guy and life guards are great, so much fun!

The only little bad comment i have is the fact that the luggage men stand waiting for tips, they get paid very low so it is understandable. Just remember to keep a pound or two aside for them if you wish.

Horse riding is out of this world, we was out for 2hrs 30 mins, riding accross the desert watching the sunrise at 6am, then rode bareback into the sea. Swimming on the horses back in the middle of the sea is an experience i will not forget in a hurry. If horse riding isnt your thing, just make sure you save some bananas or fruit for them - they look extra skinny!

I wouldnt reccomend the safari day, its a bit long and boring (riding the bikes in a line.... not very fast) it was alot of waiting around, however seeing the budwins was another great experience.

Lastly, I reccomend snorkling or diving, the coral reefs around this area are to die for!

I will be coming back to this hotel next year!

Room Tip: choose a room near the pool, do not go for the classic 'beach view'. Long walk and seems lik...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Greetings from Coral Beach Rotana Hurghada.

We are very proud for your continuous loyalty and trust, and thank you to be part of the ever growing Rotana Coral Beach Resort family! We are delighted that you feel at home. and we wish to have you again soon in your second home

Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the Christmas break. Although we travelled as a group of 5 people with one voucher, we got two rooms very far away from each other. The food at the restaurant was monotonous but good. The drinks were ok - they were mostly served in the small plastic cups. We found one bottle of water (1,5 l) in our rooms each day which was very pleasant. The rooms, sea and beach were clean and the staff friendly. It is possible to make a one day trip to Luxor and to Cairo. The hotel will provide you with a "food package" which should substitute the breakfast, lunch and dinner but do not expect anything from this - we got just two very small rolls - one with cheese and one with ham, two small cakes, two mandarins, a cucamber and a tomato (not washed). As the hotel is far away from Hurghada (20 - 30 min by car), the hotel offers a shuttle bus to take you there. This shuttle is free once during your stay. You must make a reservation for it and you have around 1,5 hrs in Hurghada which is not much if you want to visit the harbour, mosque and some shops. We did not expect much from this vacation - we just wanted to escape from the Christmas rush, but I must say we really enjoyed it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Resort and for taking the time post your feedback at Tripadvisor website.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed some of the services provided to your good self at the Resort. We place great value on your continued relationship with Rotana.

I am assure you that the comments in our hands, could’ve been immediately addressed and resolved to your entire satisfaction if were brought up to our attention during your stay. I do hope that this isolated incidence will not deter you from visiting our resort in the near future.

Best regards
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After reading reports on tripadvisor about this hotel i decided to book it for a Christmas break... and glad I did this place is truly a great place to get away relaxing everything you could want in a holiday...I noted on the comments 'full of germans and Russians' but do i want to be surrounded by brits! and judging by some of the brits that was on the plane glad they got dropped off before we did!.. rooms: Cleaned every day comfortable and spacious depending on the one you get.Food: loads to choose from and plenty of variety, different things for vegetarians too. drinks: plenty off.. loads to do and all connected to the hotel so you dont have to leave if you dont want to.. will definatley be booking again.. and if you look at the pictures of shoody skirtings and taps...look further I have no complaints would highly reccommend this Hotel with pleasure... and as for the Germans and Russians what great people to be with they kept themselves to them selves. We all look for different things in a hotel but you cant go wrong with this one.

Room Tip: We had a beach side room was given this on arrival had two double beds and plenty of room even thoug...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

Your Sincerely,

Hotel Manageer

Been to Coral Beach Rotana Resort? Share your experiences!