“Coral Beach Rotana Resort (Hurghada)” 3 of 5 stars

Coral Beach Rotana Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hurghada Safaga Road k 17, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #29 of 180 Hotels in Hurghada
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Coral Beach Rotana Resort (Hurghada)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

10 Dec 2012. Had nine days at this hotel (all inclusive).

Go for: Good Beach location, good weather, very good bungalow accommodation (all bungalows)
in lovely grounds

Don't go for: A gastronomical experience, alcohol (poor), convivial fellow holiday-makers or to play tennis.

Room Tip: All rooms are bungalows but ask for Classic Garden view not far from pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada and for taking the time to post your feedback at Tripadvisor website.

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you are satisfied with the services provided to your good self throughout your stay.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Rotana.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Rotana Coral Beach Resort in the near future.

Best Regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed at the Coral Beach Rotana from the 7th December 2012 for 10 nights. This holiday was great, a large complex with plenty of things to do. Shops, resturants, bars, spa and even a beauty sallon on site! The food was great, i am not fussy so i could eat everything, however my partner was a little more fussy and only stuck to the 'dry stuff' and loved the cake! The drinks were ok, very cheap alcahol so not so tasty. The italian resturant was available to use once per stay, i wouldnt bother using it- it was grose! Food in the main hall was much better. I was also reccomended by other guests not to eat in the fish resturant on the beach. There is a Macy D's down the road, just ask one of the guys round the pool and he will tell you where to go.

The room was very clean, cleaned every day by our great cleaner who decorated our room with petals and shaped towels most days. A large 1.5ltr bottle was put in our room each day. I cant thank our cleaner enough. The aircon worked perfectly and a safe box was free and easy to use in the room.

I reccommend asking for a room near the pool (NOT BEACH VIEW) as it is a very long walk to the pool and resturant.

Just to warn you, there are many many russians in egypt, it doesnt matter what hotel you stay at! They like to be first in que and like to barge you out of the way! Just be strong and push a little back! They also like to drink from 9am in the morning so many drunken idiots falling all over around the pool. When i mean drink, they have two bottles by there sun bed, one pure alcohol and one juice.

The one thing i can not be happier with was the people, everyone was so friendly, especially Alaa Eldien in the animations team. Alla Eldien couldnt do anymore to make us any happier or comfortable, any questions he is your man. All the guys around the pool such as Billy the bar man, the towel guy and life guards are great, so much fun!

The only little bad comment i have is the fact that the luggage men stand waiting for tips, they get paid very low so it is understandable. Just remember to keep a pound or two aside for them if you wish.

Horse riding is out of this world, we was out for 2hrs 30 mins, riding accross the desert watching the sunrise at 6am, then rode bareback into the sea. Swimming on the horses back in the middle of the sea is an experience i will not forget in a hurry. If horse riding isnt your thing, just make sure you save some bananas or fruit for them - they look extra skinny!

I wouldnt reccomend the safari day, its a bit long and boring (riding the bikes in a line.... not very fast) it was alot of waiting around, however seeing the budwins was another great experience.

Lastly, I reccomend snorkling or diving, the coral reefs around this area are to die for!

I will be coming back to this hotel next year!

Room Tip: choose a room near the pool, do not go for the classic 'beach view'. Long walk and seems lik...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Greetings from Coral Beach Rotana Hurghada.

I am very pleased to read that you had a fabulous breakaway at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada and that you received nothing but a great hospitable spirit from our Employees.
Thank you for mentioning the Team Members who stood out during your stay, they will be complimented for their valuable addition.
We are very proud for your continuous loyalty and trust, and thank you to be part of the ever growing Rotana Coral Beach Resort family! We are delighted that you feel at home. and we wish to have you again soon in your second home

Best Regards
Prague
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the Christmas break. Although we travelled as a group of 5 people with one voucher, we got two rooms very far away from each other. The food at the restaurant was monotonous but good. The drinks were ok - they were mostly served in the small plastic cups. We found one bottle of water (1,5 l) in our rooms each day which was very pleasant. The rooms, sea and beach were clean and the staff friendly. It is possible to make a one day trip to Luxor and to Cairo. The hotel will provide you with a "food package" which should substitute the breakfast, lunch and dinner but do not expect anything from this - we got just two very small rolls - one with cheese and one with ham, two small cakes, two mandarins, a cucamber and a tomato (not washed). As the hotel is far away from Hurghada (20 - 30 min by car), the hotel offers a shuttle bus to take you there. This shuttle is free once during your stay. You must make a reservation for it and you have around 1,5 hrs in Hurghada which is not much if you want to visit the harbour, mosque and some shops. We did not expect much from this vacation - we just wanted to escape from the Christmas rush, but I must say we really enjoyed it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Resort and for taking the time post your feedback at Tripadvisor website.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed some of the services provided to your good self at the Resort. We place great value on your continued relationship with Rotana.

I am assure you that the comments in our hands, could’ve been immediately addressed and resolved to your entire satisfaction if were brought up to our attention during your stay. I do hope that this isolated incidence will not deter you from visiting our resort in the near future.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After reading reports on tripadvisor about this hotel i decided to book it for a Christmas break... and glad I did this place is truly a great place to get away relaxing everything you could want in a holiday...I noted on the comments 'full of germans and Russians' but do i want to be surrounded by brits! and judging by some of the brits that was on the plane glad they got dropped off before we did!.. rooms: Cleaned every day comfortable and spacious depending on the one you get.Food: loads to choose from and plenty of variety, different things for vegetarians too. drinks: plenty off.. loads to do and all connected to the hotel so you dont have to leave if you dont want to.. will definatley be booking again.. and if you look at the pictures of shoody skirtings and taps...look further I have no complaints would highly reccommend this Hotel with pleasure... and as for the Germans and Russians what great people to be with they kept themselves to them selves. We all look for different things in a hotel but you cant go wrong with this one.

Room Tip: We had a beach side room was given this on arrival had two double beds and plenty of room even thoug...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

Your Sincerely,

Hotel Manageer
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 9 days and mostly found this hotel as ok. The rooms are basic but clean and the staff was generally friendly. The all-inclusive food and drinks were a lot worse then I even expected though (even after some negative reviews). The wine is absolutely undrinkable and the beer, I think, was very diluted as never went to my head (and I normally get it from two sips only... The daft-sized plastic beakers for beer were just silly and unnecessarily small).
No one in our family had a bad stomach during the stay but the food was very repetitive and extremely bland. Best were mini kebabs and aubergines. For the omelettes to be so tasteless, the mixture must have been watered down somewhat....
If you looking forward to snorkelling or diving, that is not the place to go. We went for this particular hotel as as have "large natural lagoon" but due to heavy fishing and cutting and selling of corals for a few dollars, very few fish and the reefs are colourless and largely dead. Having been to Sharm and Taba H before, those would be the snorkeling, diving areas, no here.
Our 8 yo son won't even step in the kids club as it was essentially a Russian language club. Yes, the nice young lady spoke good English, but with all the kids being Russian, the Club is one better suited for Russian speakers. The equipment was a hit lacking as well, and Westen kids would find the electronics very substandard.
Given the fact that there are so many better hotels around (including the great Grand Rotana in Sharm) we could not say we would want to return.....

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2012

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

went to this hotel in early December and i must say it was lovely,( i came back with a great tan) the rooms are great myself and my husband had a double bed each and the room was very spacious, the room cleaner was great i think his name was Hamda he was so helpful when we got locked out of our room, the beach is really nice and there is a nudist beach if you want that all over tan its well covered and situated at the end of the beach with its own access to the sea,
the best thing about this hotel is the food iv been to egypt a few times and stayed in some really expensive hotels but have always got a bad belly but that never happened at this hotel dont get me wrong the food itself isn't the best thing i ever eaten but it was nice and i wasn't ill so it worked for me, over all this is a really nice hotel with nice staff and lovely rooms good food and good beach. there are lots of other things to do i.e quad biking scuba diving all all the other things you would expect or you can just relax enjoy the sun. the worst thing is the russian guests witch i found ill mannered and rude its a shame the way they treated the staff was horrific just don't understand why you would go to someone else's country and treat the people with no respect like there were better in some way but what i saw were a bunch of russian with no manners and little money don't get me wrong this is no reflection on the hotel the staff handled it well i just dont get it as i know not all russian travelers behave like that when we went scuba diving we meet two lovely russian family's who we got on really well with just seem at this hotel they were particularly rude . i will be going back to this hotel hopefully in feb but this time will be taking all the kids with me.

Room Tip: dont up grade the room are lovely with out it
Dear Sir/ Madam,

First of all, let me seize this opportunity to thank you for your stay at Rotana Coral Beach Resort.

As one of the Rotana Coral Beach team members and on behalf of all my colleagues, I sincerely thank you for your over whelming comments on the level of services we have managed to deliver to your good self during your stay at our resort, your home away from home.

We place great custom on your continued relationship with Rotana and value you as our loyal guest.

Thanks and best regard
Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a lovely place loved the beach friendly camel max came over for a chat daily!
Although the food was not bad there was no choice of vegetarian food disappointing as the main food eaten by Egyptians does not contain meat.I would have liked proper Egyptian food not this strange semi European mix catering for all but not satisfying any.The staff though were charming and friendly especially the guy who cleaned our room,he folded our towels and my dresses into pleasing shapes,left flowers in the room and couldn't do enough for us.Our room was very spacious with two king size beds,very comfortable but not really 4/5 star.There was no Gym on site which upset my husband.
The all inclusive drinks were poor the beer o.k. wine undrinkable and spirits very cheap and quite nasty! Had a groovy holiday though I love Egypt!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012

Hotel Manager

Been to Coral Beach Rotana Resort? Share your experiences!