“Pleasant hotel but don't have high expectations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Coral Beach Resort to your Saves list
Coral Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hurghada Safaga Road k 17, Hurghada, Egypt (Formerly Coral Beach Rotana Resort)   |
Ranked #65 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
4.0 of 5 stars 865 Reviews
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant hotel but don't have high expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 9 days and mostly found this hotel as ok. The rooms are basic but clean and the staff was generally friendly. The all-inclusive food and drinks were a lot worse then I even expected though (even after some negative reviews). The wine is absolutely undrinkable and the beer, I think, was very diluted as never went to my head (and I normally get it from two sips only... The daft-sized plastic beakers for beer were just silly and unnecessarily small).
No one in our family had a bad stomach during the stay but the food was very repetitive and extremely bland. Best were mini kebabs and aubergines. For the omelettes to be so tasteless, the mixture must have been watered down somewhat....
If you looking forward to snorkelling or diving, that is not the place to go. We went for this particular hotel as as have "large natural lagoon" but due to heavy fishing and cutting and selling of corals for a few dollars, very few fish and the reefs are colourless and largely dead. Having been to Sharm and Taba H before, those would be the snorkeling, diving areas, no here.
Our 8 yo son won't even step in the kids club as it was essentially a Russian language club. Yes, the nice young lady spoke good English, but with all the kids being Russian, the Club is one better suited for Russian speakers. The equipment was a hit lacking as well, and Westen kids would find the electronics very substandard.
Given the fact that there are so many better hotels around (including the great Grand Rotana in Sharm) we could not say we would want to return.....

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Resort and for taking the time post your feedback at Tripadvisor website.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed some of the services provided to your good self at the Resort. We place great value on your continued relationship with Rotana.

I am assure you that the comments in our hands, could’ve been immediately addressed and resolved to your entire satisfaction if were brought up to our attention during your stay. I do hope that this isolated incidence will not deter you from visiting our resort in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

went to this hotel in early December and i must say it was lovely,( i came back with a great tan) the rooms are great myself and my husband had a double bed each and the room was very spacious, the room cleaner was great i think his name was Hamda he was so helpful when we got locked out of our room, the beach is really nice and there is a nudist beach if you want that all over tan its well covered and situated at the end of the beach with its own access to the sea,
the best thing about this hotel is the food iv been to egypt a few times and stayed in some really expensive hotels but have always got a bad belly but that never happened at this hotel dont get me wrong the food itself isn't the best thing i ever eaten but it was nice and i wasn't ill so it worked for me, over all this is a really nice hotel with nice staff and lovely rooms good food and good beach. there are lots of other things to do i.e quad biking scuba diving all all the other things you would expect or you can just relax enjoy the sun. the worst thing is the russian guests witch i found ill mannered and rude its a shame the way they treated the staff was horrific just don't understand why you would go to someone else's country and treat the people with no respect like there were better in some way but what i saw were a bunch of russian with no manners and little money don't get me wrong this is no reflection on the hotel the staff handled it well i just dont get it as i know not all russian travelers behave like that when we went scuba diving we meet two lovely russian family's who we got on really well with just seem at this hotel they were particularly rude . i will be going back to this hotel hopefully in feb but this time will be taking all the kids with me.

Room Tip: dont up grade the room are lovely with out it
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,

First of all, let me seize this opportunity to thank you for your stay at Rotana Coral Beach Resort.

As one of the Rotana Coral Beach team members and on behalf of all my colleagues, I sincerely thank you for your over whelming comments on the level of services we have managed to deliver to your good self during your stay at our resort, your home away from home.

We place great custom on your continued relationship with Rotana and value you as our loyal guest.

Thanks and best regard
Bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This is a lovely place loved the beach friendly camel max came over for a chat daily!
Although the food was not bad there was no choice of vegetarian food disappointing as the main food eaten by Egyptians does not contain meat.I would have liked proper Egyptian food not this strange semi European mix catering for all but not satisfying any.The staff though were charming and friendly especially the guy who cleaned our room,he folded our towels and my dresses into pleasing shapes,left flowers in the room and couldn't do enough for us.Our room was very spacious with two king size beds,very comfortable but not really 4/5 star.There was no Gym on site which upset my husband.
The all inclusive drinks were poor the beer o.k. wine undrinkable and spirits very cheap and quite nasty! Had a groovy holiday though I love Egypt!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 17, 2012

Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We liked the accommodation - it was the best room we have ever had in Egypt. The staff is friendly and helpful. The garden is enormous and very beautiful and we went for a walk every evening after dinner for about an hour. The beach is big enough with the typical Egyptian lounges which are very comfortable. The sea is.... incredible. I love the Red Sea!
The only thing that I didn't like was that arriving early in the morning, we had to wait until 10 o'clock to get the bracelets. I know that it's the hotel's policy but I think they should think of offering at least a cup of coffee to their early guests(of course, against payment).
The variety of food in the restaurant is poor. It's OK for 3-star hotel but for 4-star hotel it should be improved. And only one all-inclusive restaurant for this hotel, which has so many guests, isn't enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

First allow me to express our deepest appreciation for the time you have spared to post your feedback on TripAdvisor public website.

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you are satisfied with most of the services provided to your good self throughout your stay. However, in respect to your comment in regards your food experience, I would like to assure you that I have shared your feedback with concerned Department Heads to investigate in order to improve our Food quality.
I was disappointed to learn that you weren’t fully satisfied with your food experience. However, please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

In closing, I would like to assure that we, the Resort’s team do not save an effort to achieve 100% guests’ satisfaction as it’s our real success.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at Rotana Coral Beach Resort.

Karlstad, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

When we arrived, we had 5 companion,one with non european nationallity but this hotel had already asked about this 2 month before and that was no problem when our travelagent from zleeping hotells asked this.We was there to celebrate my mothers 60 years day. We had also made a wish that we wanted all 3 rooms close to eachother and this was also 2 month before. First they say that if we want to stay in the same room area we had to wait until 23.00(we arrived to this hotel 16.00 and had traveled for 16 hours to get to Egypt). After checking in, 2 hours later they kicked out our friend with another nationallity. Even that they had made this checkin and made it okej 2 month earlier with our travelagent. Of Course we were hungry since we traveled for 16 hour. Our friend had to pay for dinner even if all inc for 1 week for 5 persons was already paid. We asked Ahmed if we are leaving this hotel now, do we get our money back now? He says no! Been at hotell for 2-3 hours and payed 1 week, gets kicked out because you dont have the right nationallity and than dont even get the money back as I payed 2 month before! Than they took hes key and let the security staff open his door so he could pack his things. Me and my friend had to checki in to another hotel about 22 in the night after trying to talk to the reception staff who was very un nice. This staff was Joe, Nour and Ahmed! They did´nt care or show no respect. They could have fixed this problem in a more nice way or proffecial way. Me and my friend stayed in another hotel, I was contacting my Swedish travel agent directly. She say this is SO NOT OKEY! She also say that it should not matter what nationality is booking with Zleeping hotells but this hotel didnt care about it. After 3 days of put out more money 170 euro extra and seperated from the rest of the family our travelagent say that they have fixed this problem so that everyone could have a holyday togheter. From my heart I didnt want to go back after what they have done to us but we did this just because we had only one week and 3 days had already been waisted. When we come back there is no exuse from Nour, Joe or Ahemed. Very serviceminded -NOT! Not a sorry not nothing, theese people making such a big problem for my family and their problem cost me 170 euro but not even a sorry. That is not good service. And what they dont understand is that this 3 people in reception are talking for everyone in this hotel. We see Nour, Joe and Ahmed many times this 4 days who were left but never a sorry. The other people in reception were nice, they says hello to customers but these other 3 Nour, Joe And Ahmed was so unice. So if you are going to this hotel make sure you bring extra money if you dont have the right nationallity, and if you have the right nationality you will find this out after you have checked in to this hotel, be ready to be kicked out in the night even if you have declared what nationallity is comming 2 month before. And be sure that you will have no exuse from this if the same thing will happen to you. And to say, this 3 days when our travelagent try to fix this problem the hotel say things like that I myself and this person with another nationallity never even checked in to this hotel even if we got this All icl band on arms, key and the rest of my family was there to see the check in, just bad exuses and not taking responsibillity for what happend. And as I say not even one Sorry from this staff in the reception after making me and my familys hollyday so bad! What I can say is that my Swedish travelagency Zleeping hotells really helped us against this hotel. We had right from the beginning but this hotel kicked us out first instead of fixing this problem with the travelagent and let us stay. And for what they cared? we could have stayed out in the desert or in the streets of Hurghada if I didnt have money to checked in to another hotel and again 2 month before we had already payed 5 persons all inc 1 week.! So this hotel is getting -1 And Ahmed, Joe and Nour? they are getting nothing making this big problem and not even a exuse. They should be happy that they still have their jobs as for me I don´t understand.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback at Tripadvisor website..

We greatly appreciate any feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Based on your relatively low rating and problems reported throughout your stay, I am concerned to notice your dissatisfaction. Accordingly please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and for failing to meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been communicated to concerned department heads for necessary action, where applicable.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Rotana and regret the dissatisfaction of a valued guest like your good self.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Rotana Coral Beach Resort, should you decide to give the Resort another chance in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Full of Russians who are very rude! But room excellent - food - something to eat if your not fussy! Lovely beach location staff friendly and happy to practice their English - good thing you don't have to join in all those annoying activities as you have to be Russian to understand the instructions

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We enjoyed every minute of our holiday at Coral beach - cannot fault a thing. Love the cakes and animation team were just great! Corals with plenty of fish just outside the hotel. Good size main pool and a second one with jacuzzi. Nice size room with aircon 32"HD LCD and a safe. Few channels with english spoken movies all day long. In case you won't like the food in the main restaurant or just fancy a change for a night just reserve a table at the Italian restaurant they have on site :-) lovely pizzas. The fact it's 10 mins drive from the airport is brilliant! Sick of traveling for hours after a 5 hour flight to Turkey! We will defo be going back. Thank you Rotana for this lovely break away from English weather!

• Stayed October 2012
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada and for taking the time to post your feedback at HolidayCheck website.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you are satisfied with the services provided to your good self throughout your stay.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Rotana.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Rotana Coral Beach Resort in the near future.

Best Regards
Hotel Manager

Been to Coral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!