Just got back from a one week stay in the Almas Palace.
Firstly the hotel is not a five star or totally all inclusive. When we arrived our initial reaction was ok - rooms very good, mini bar stocked up etc but then we realised that it was a Russian hotel and I have to say that they just ate everything, piled their plates up (and wasted most of it) pushed into anywhere they wanted!
Restaurant wasn't that good with food often recycled into different variants the next day. Trying to get cups or cutlery was a big problem unless you fought it out with the russians when restaurant opened. Most of the hotel staff were very friendly - especially towards us brits - they couldn't believe we were there as they were so used to dealing with the russians!
Certain parts of the hotel are very good but other bits when you looked closer needed a refurbishment urgently.
Anyway if you don't mind mixing it with the russian crowds and aren't too bothered about good food including upset tummies then go for it as the beach was brilliant and very hot weather all week - about 35-36 degrees.
Oh and you must like very loud music all day blasting out from the swimming pool complex and the first part of the beach and boy do I mean loud! - It did stop around 4.30 everyday and was fairly quiet during the night time.
This is our third time in Hurghada and this is the poorest hotel we have stayed in but if you want to do things last minute and don't mind getting pushed around a bit then go for it.
- Also Known As:
- Al Mas Palace Golden 5 Hotel Hurghada
- Al Mas Palace Golden 5 Hotel
- Al Mas Palace Hurghada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Category: 5 StarsCheck in :14.00Check out :12.00Location:Overlooking the city lagoon and red sea, beach, artificial lakealong with green landscape and gardens , & the mini golf.Accommodation: Bars:Palm Beach bar (charged as per consumption)Cuisine: Beverages (Imported & local alcohol drinkstea, soft drinks) & snacks for allHours: 10:00 am - sunset"Sinai" bar, (All Inclusive) overlooking the lagoonCuisine: Beverages (Alcohol local drinks , coffee, tea, soft I":.drinks) 'IIHours: 10.00 pm - 02.00 amCafe "Troitoire", (All Inclusive) overlooking the lagoonCuisine: Beverages (Alcohol local drinks , coffee, tea, softdrinks) for all inclusive guests & charged as per consJ ptionfor Half board guestsHours: 10.00 pm - 02.00 amLounge bar in the lobby, "charged as per consumptio0dn "Cuisine: Light snacks, light meals & beverages .Hours: 24 hoursSYLT "All inclusive " Beach barCuisine: Beverages (Alcohol local drinks , coffee, tea, softdrinks) & snacks for all inclusive guestsHours: 10.00 am - SunsetRestaurantsl Bars:Fish market restaurantCuisine: SeafoodServing: P\ La carteHours: 12:00 pm - Sunset & 07:30 pm- 09:30 pm1 main building and 5 bungalows, 2 floors each.Total of 276 rooms (varies between 35 and 42 m2) including:42 connected rooms."Panorama" main restaurant: 350 seatsCuisine: InternationalServing Breakfast, Lunch & DinnerPergola "Sea Rock" restaurantCuisine: InternationalServing: Lunch, snacks & beverages for all inclusive guestsHours: 10.00 am- SunsetMost of 1st floor rooms have terrace, and most of 2nd floorhave balconies.All rooms are equipped with: satellite-TV & radio, individualadjustable air condition . Bathrooms feature bathtub ,weight ing scale, telephone, Hair dryer, Minibar, safe box,daily clean linen & electricity: AC 220 voltsServices & Facilities:24-hour room service24-hour conciergeLaundry service: charged as per consumption , price listavailable in the roomBank: from 09.00 am - 12.00 pm and 06.00 pm - 09.00 pmConferences Facility: AI Mas Palace conference room:capacity of 1000 person, Paradise conference room:capacity of 300 persons , Paradise VIPs Lounge: 150 seats.Internet cafeLimousine serviceBeauty salonLobby shopsOn request doctorTour & travel deskBabysitting on request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Al Mas Palace Golden 5 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.