“Sand Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #157 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Czech rep.
“Sand Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In Sand Beach hotel we spent a beautiful holiday already 3 times .For a great price I got what we wanted. The food was excellent, the room was always cleaned and all staff are very friendly and helpful. There is also a nice cascading pool and a paddling pool for children. Beach with gradual entry into the sea and has plenty of sun loungers with parasols. Not far from the beach is a nice coral reef for snorkeling and diving. The hotel is directly on the beach, located in Dahar, where there are good shopping opportunities. Next to the entrance to the hotel will also find a travel agency where you can buy various trips at great prices. The centrum Sakkala or Marina is about 10 minutes with a local taxi. Hotel is very popular, and I can highly recommend.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel in April and we were a little worried about the negative reviews on tripadvisor. I am not one to find fault easily and before i become negative I will give my positive comments first. the location of this hotel is very good, just on the edge of town with shops and bars within easy walking distance. The reception area and lounge is quite spacious with comfortable sofas to relax on . At the rear of the hotel is a good patio area with a bar for evenings. There are three large pools all merging into each other and with sunbeds and pretty umbrellas and the pool bar and a spacious patio to lounge on.Beyond the pools is a well tended garden through which you walk to find the small private beach. This is an inlet with a little jetty and is adequate for your sunbathing. The sea is quite shallow and easy to get into if a little rocky.
The staff here are great, efficient and friendly and Hazem the assistant manager went out of his way to help us and always came and had some conversation with us. There were only six English people here whilst we were and the staff really liked the English. I couldn't fault them.
Now the negative - Our first room was ground floor and round the pool as are most of the rooms. We were disappointed as soon as we entered. It was small, dingy and had very inadequate poor furniture and some plaster was coming off the wall near the bed. We were moved to the first floor, once again by the pool and this was much larger with more modern furniture and we were reasonably happy with it, although there was quite a bit of black mould around the shower cubicle. I could live with that though for what we had paid.I would say though that the only indication we had that the cleaner had been in was the fact that we had clean sheets and towels daily (very good) but there was little evidence of any cleaning being done as everything else was as we had left it that morning.The food was never very warm and was a bit hit and miss, you certainly wouldnt come here for a great dining experience although the salad bar was good and we managed to find something to eat most days.
Overall we had a lovely holiday, but i couldn't recommend this hotel and it upsets me to say this as we loved the people there.

Room Tip: The end room of the block was a suite and the first floor rooms are larger than the ground floor. Do...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Yerevan, Armenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have spent many good days at this hotel. The service was good and the meals served, very tasty

sea is very near,In the evening, discotheques and entertainment programs are an excellent
I very much missed hotel SAND BEACH, I would like to reappear there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nottinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My friend and I was abit dubious about this hotel with the reviews on Trip Advisor not being very good but at the end of the day you get what you pay for and if everything was better than predicted its a bonus.
When we arrived late afternoon we did not like our ground floor room so we asked to change this was done no arguements so we moved upstairs which was a lovely room. Bedding and towels changed EVERY day which was great only downfall with the boy cleaners they not very good at it, they do not clean like a woman does. They must be taught and clean to standards by a supervisor in charge, that is my opinion.
The staff, wow they are brilliant really helpful, please ask for what you require they are not mind readers and will do anything to make sure you are happy. Asheer? the beach guy for the beds is a hard working guy and moves your beds where ever you want them, our towels was on our beds every morning, we did pay him a few pounds for this, we always do, such a lovely man
Food....we found it adequate but we did expect this, well we are in a land with different cultures and did not expect English dishes. On our last day for lunch it was not self service and we was served 3 plates of food which we could not eat so we asked for cheese and had sandwiches. We believe this occured because the Hotel was low on guests, please check if this is ongoing before booking.
We arrived and we was two of 6 english staying there, by the end of our 2nd week there was only us 2 left no more english came in. There is no entertainment in the evenings but a short walk out and there is bars with music and wifi if required, the music played around the outside bars was all Egyption and played loudly it would have been nice to have listened to western songs, worldwide stars eg Celine Dion, Michael Buble etc.
I will say this ANY problems you must talk with Mr Hazem Waly the assistant manager we could not fault this man, he will come and sit with you and ask if everything is alright, this guy is straight on the phone to correct any fault you have with the hotel.
Hope this review helps anyone with regards to booking this hotel, if you need further info please do not hesitate to contact me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It was a pleasure being guests at the Sand Beach Hotel, it was like a dream come true.We were amazed with the hotel, great service & there was high standards.My 18 years old daughter's birthdayparty was at the Hotel's restaurant were there was an unforgeteble party,It was organized by the maneger where lots of British guests were present at thetable sharing that special moment with us.
We felt very special every morning at breakfest time, where there was a diversity of options served to us.
The pancakes were 'deliteful' every morning I would indulgde in a few. SPECIAL Thank's for The Restaurant Maneger Mr Waly. We made friends and we still in touch with most of the staff. thank's for the friendly hotel environment and we are planinng another trip in near future to Sand Beach Hotel-Hurghada :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

had the most fantastic holiday here the staff were great nothing to much bother for them,from the moment we arrived to the time we left the staff looked after us, The rooms are basic but clean and the beds are comfortable,This was first time in Egypt, have been to many places and stayed in 5 star hotels,But the sevice here was second to none cannot wait to go back just a shame Christmas and new year are fully booked.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have just returned from a holiday at sand beach hotel in hugharda it is a basic hotel but very clean bedding changed every day staff were fantastic if you are not happy with your room they will change it for you you only have to say they were there to please you what ever you wanted they would try to please you on my last day at the hotel waiting for our mini bus to take us to the airport I fell and hit the back of my head we went to the airport my friend marion my cousin janet and daughter anne we arrived at the airport and my daughter took me to the medics I was put on oxygen so the pilot would not let me fly so my daughter had to stay with me and marion and janet had to fly to London anne and myself were left stranded at the airport we were told to go to a hotel and arrange our own flights home I phoned the manager of sand beach hotel his name is hazem he came to pick us up from the airport and took us back to sand beach where he phoned the nile private hospital they sent a car to pick us up hazem followed I came back to the hotel and I was treated like a queen nothing was to much for them on the sunday I was admitted to the nile hospital and put in to I c u unit then moved to a private room all covered by my insurance I was in hospital for 3 days the hotel staff made sure my daughter was taken care off they brought here up to visit me the staff took it in turn to visit so I was not on my own hazem done all the communication as I didn't understand what was said when I was taken back to the hotel they were just brilliant with me and anne I was at sand beach for an extra 11 days the owner ask how I was every day and wat ever I wanted they obliged over all there were 12 English tourist over the the 25 days that I was there and they were all treated the same and they all praised the hotel and staff I would definitely recommend this hotel jan marion anne and myself are going back in September it might be a 3 star hotel but we were treated like 6 star guests hazem akhmed josh Mohamed and all the rest of the staff were just brilliant cannot praise them enough Doreen scruby if you want to asked about this hotel just e mail me through trip advisor I really don't no what people exspect from a 3 star hotel as long as you have clean beds and room all you do is sleep in it and get changed you had everything that you needed shower and clean beds for the price it was a bargain my room numbers were L12 then when I came back from hospital I was in L 3 the food was good if you didn't like something you only at to ask then you would get chips what ever breakfast if you wanted toast you only had to ask then you would get so don't complain you only have to speak up and ask if it was not for sand beach hotel staff my daughter and I would have be stranded in hurgharda ejypt all on our own in a strange country

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!