We went for two weeks and since we were mainly diving it was only used as a place to sleep. So, for us, it served its purpose as it was clean, comfortable bed and air-conditioning. So I have no complaints.
Here is some information which may be of use:
When you turn up, do not be put off by the front of the hotel. It is, as another writer noted, a lot better on the other side.
There was a swimming pool and entertainment on through the day on the little private beach and something on the night. It was a bit loud but it was always finished by midnight and you got used to it.
Food and drinks could be purchased from either the bar or the hotel restaurant (we did neither).
There was a Red Sea tour operator on the private jetty. He did snorkelling and visits to the island opposite the beach.
There was a fridge and a TV in the room. The TV had BBC world news and a few of the Arabian channels had the odd English language speaking program on.
As stated by previous posters- only 12 safe deposit boxes but hardly any of them were being used.
Shop selling various snacks and drinks on site plus a few other shops which sold perfume and leather bags. Please note that you could not bring drinks and food stuffs from outside the hotel (the shop was not that more expensive).
There was always security on the door no matter what time you ventured in.
Opposite was several fast food places (burger bar, pizza hut, Costa and an ice-cream parlour)
You were about 15 minutes walk from the new marina, which was full of restaurants, a nightclub and a few bars to catch the football and pick up a cold beer.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Aquafun Hurghada
- Clubhotel Aquafun Hotel Hurghada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Aqua fun hotel has a perfect location, in the heart of Hurghada's downtown, , just 7 km from Hurghada Int'l Airport. The Hotel is surrounded by the famous shopping area, Bazars & Coffee Shops. The Hotel is distinguished with private soft sandy where guest can enjoy snorkeling in the crystal blue water of Aqua Fun beach.Sports/leisure:-• Hotel private sandy beach.• Diving center ( Scuba & Padi).• Jetty For Yachting, Snorkeling & Diving.• Aqua center.• Windsurf center.• Snorkeling & Diving availability directly from the beach.• Beach volley ball and billiard.• Fresh water swimming pool• SPA with Gym, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam bath, massage, facial treatment, and Beauty Salon.Dining:- Restaurants:• Main Restaurant: serving international buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner• Oriental Restaurant: Serving oriental open buffet lunch, snacks, beverages & shisha. • Love Boat Restaurant: A La Carte Restaurant offers variety of international dishes, open for lunch and dinner.Bars:• Lobby Bar.• Beach Bar.• Oriental Bar.• Room service (24 hours).Entertainment:-• Daily Animation Program on Beach.• Daily Theme Nights.Guest services:-• Guest Information Desk.• Airport Transfer (with charge).• Laundry Service.• Daily Animation Program.• WIFI Internet in all rooms (with charge).• Shopping Arcade.• 24 hr. Clinic.• Babysitter (on request) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Clubhotel Aquafun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.