“Vacantion spent from 24.06-4.07.2012” 3 of 5 stars

Clubhotel Aquafun
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Sherton St | Sakhala, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #127 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Bucharest, Romania
“Vacantion spent from 24.06-4.07.2012”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Unfortunately all the bad review are true. I am spent 1 week with my 2 kids there and husband. We were happy to go home ! No activities for children except the swimming pool which is always extremely crowded. Many Egyptian people go there (75%), the swim fully dresses as traditional and look at you - European- very strange if the bathing suit is small. The ALLINCLUSIVE offer is not real because you are limited to hours of drink and food. After 10 when the breakfast finishes, no food available until lunch ( for kids I mean). No drinking water in the room you must buy it from Supermarket across the street. The Sea is full of sand and rocks and fishes, which is nice. Animation and AquaGym- good.
In 1 week : sheets and garbage only taken out once because I have ask for it ! Conclusion : Cheap hotel. If you work hard for your money choose quality : Miramar/Sindbad/ other !

Room Tip: If you choose the new renovated rooms - which are still ongoing - you are asked to pay 5euros/pernig...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stayed for a fortnight in June 2012 and were offered a new renovated room, beautiful. With of course a sea view. The GM was very attentive. We were all-in guests and we were allowed to suggest some of our favourate dishes to the chef.
Really good food and drinks for a very low price .

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We spend Christma sand New year at hotel Aquafun in 2009 and it is a tired but friendly place. Although we made the most of it we would choose never to return as it really was basic. Food was little more than you'd get in a field. A teen in the forces and mostly cold. We didn't get upset tummys but I think a lot of Kepler did. We paid £900 AL for two weeks over Christmas which is the peak time for eqypt.

On the whole we made sure we enjoyed ourselves but this s not the nicest of hotels in the area. We choose it as it was downtown and thought we could experience some culture but in hindsight we would have been better paying a little more and going for a higher ranked hotel.
If you are looking for a very cheap week or two to get a fan then go for it but be open minded when you get there. One more thing, although the bedding was changed and the room was cleaned regularly, the room smelt of BO every time we walked in I think the mattresses are just too old and sweaty and they cannot get rid of the smell. It is also a haven for Russians as they go there even cheaper than us and the animation team are geared up for them.

Have fun but don't expect too much

Room Tip: Tip once you see your room and make sure you have euros for this - they boys will ensure you get a b...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Firstly, I must confess, I booked this hotel without looking at any reviews. Then as my holiday approached I checked on here and I was worried to say the least. Doors not locking and rooms being unclean- I thought about booking into an alternative. I'm glad to say that I didn't.

I travelled on my own to visit a friend that has moved to Hurghada in the last year. When I arrived I was shown to my room by the bell boy who told me that the room was not good enough and went and asked reception to move me. The second room was much better. Double bed, closer to the pool and same in cleanliness. By cleanliness, it's not upto the standard of my own home, the lampshades could do with being dusted, but the linen was clean and so were the main surfaces and bathroom so that was fine.

The cleaner was very sweet, if a little early to wake me! He knocked on my door at about 9am everyday asking to clean my room. He would leave little gifts when he cleaned, including fresh cut flowers and towel animals and even leaving petals on my bed (a bit weird as I travelled alone!)but very sweet and he even locked my room when I was in the pool and I left my patio door open. (and let me back in once I realised I was locked out!)

Breakfast was an adventure. I was warned that you tend to get ill from hotel food so go for something freshly made for you. So I went to the egg chef, only he was a bit too full on trying to make me go to the marina with him or something. Thankfully management stepped in and told him off. Needless to say I never ate there again. Theres a lovely coffee shop over the road from the hotel called Kafficho which do really nice breakfast and coffee! :)

The animation team are great, really engaging the people around the pool. I personally didnt spend much time at the hotel in the evenings, but seemed to be getting a good crowd of people together.

There is a boat trip company that are based at the hotel, the sales guys are good, they pester like mad, but tend to take a hint when you want to be left alone. (yes I hid from them occasionally) However, I did go on the boat trip and it was such an awesome day out. The food on the boat was really good and the trip itself was great. We saw dolphins out in the sea and then stopped twice for snorkelling. This then lead me to want to try scuba diving. Which I strongly recommend.

Overall, the hotel doors lock successfully, it is safe, clean and cheap, so don't be put off by the negative reviews. Have a great holiday :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I decided to book something last minute with a friend as we both had some time off work. After a couple of hours searching we decided to book all inclusive at this hotel.
There is a lot that could be done to bring this hotel up to standard but all in all it didn't turn out to be so bad.
The food is something to be desired for and was always cold. However the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful.
There was a lot of building work happening whilst we were staying which we were not warned of before.
The animation team were very good. They had activities all morning and funny entertainment of the evening.
Overall ... food - bad, service - ok, cleanliness - hmmmm
I would be happy to visit Hurghada again just not this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Florence
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I only had a couple of days to spend in Hurghada. I'd heard about this place from a friend so I booked here.
Of course there is nothing fancy about this hotel, everyhting is plain and simple, but nothing lower than my expectations.
The room was clean, there was a variety of food to choose from at meals.
Nothing to complain about, really.
My only negative remarks would be for the cleanliness of the beach (there were sigarette butts in the sand in the morning) and for the fact that my room door would open from ouside even when locked (!).
Overall,and considered what I've spent, I had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Arrived very late so had no chance to find somewhere else otherwise would have changed immediately.Reception building was largely a building site, otherwise reminiscent of 1970s eastern block, full of chain smoking Russians and stank of foul drainage. Reception staff surly by Egyptian standards.
Rooms are arranged in two storey blocks around a long paved area and pool leading to a very small beach right by an area where large boats wash out their tanks. Room itself was filthy, dubious splatters up the walls, sticky deposits on bedside tables, grimy bathroom, towels grey. Decor tired and furnishings broken. Worse was to come when we finally went to climb in to bed at 2am after14 hours driving. The pillow cases had clearly not been changed and the sheets bore unmistakeable signs of "body fluids". We trailed back to reception and they dispatched a disgruntled cleaner to change the linen. Second lot of sheets he put on we're actually worse and when he was asked to replace them he initially told us "fresh laundry in morning". Upon insisting he finally went to get replacements asking "why do you hate me".
Breakfast was dire, stale and no fresh fruit.
Noted on a brief tour of the beach that the massage couches in the pavilion on the beach were encrusted with old oil and dust!
Only stay here if you have a good sense of humour and a strong immune system. It was cheap though.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, even sleeping on the beach would be cleaner.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Clubhotel Aquafun? Share your experiences!