“A brilliant resort and holiday experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dana Beach Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Sahl Hashish Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #14 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Luton, United Kingdom
“A brilliant resort and holiday experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a 14 night stay and I was sad to leave. The hotel is clean, well maintained and run by staff who were committed to making our stay perfect.

Sadly, occupancy was only aroud 10% due to the civil unrest, but hurghada really is worlds away from the trouble. At no stage did we feel unsafe or at risk.

We were sadly unable to visit the pyramids but did manage to go in a submarine, quad biking in the mountains and spent a day snorkelling (redseastar).Trips represent excellent value and can be booked through travel agents via the hotel.

We were given an upgrade to a sea view room which was large and clean. Air con kept us cool and our fridge was topped up with soft drinks everyday.

The food was buffet style and offered plenty of choice. Im a fussy eater but had no problem finding a beef or chicken dish each evening. I have ibs and did have tummy trouble but it was in no way caused by food or drink from the hotel. Its worth mentioning that the food is not 'gourmet' so don't expect Gordon Ramsey style dishes.

The beach is clean with a nice layout. Its almost a cove and when the tide is out, there is land to walk alongside the sea which almost wraps around the sea to make a kind of lake. Its hard for me to explain but its great for exploring rock pools for sealife.

Staff are very friendly and work hard to make visitors feel welcome. We tipped a lot but never felt under pressure to do so. They do rely on tips and we made sure we had plenty of 10egyptian pounds notes to do so. I wish I had taken more of their names to mention them, but they really were all great.

Evening entertainment was very samish each evening with karaoke style singers. It was nice to relax of an evening, but it's certainly not a party destination.

I visited the gym on a few occasions which was small but well equipped. I had no trouble getting in good workouts.

If I had to find faults I would say that I did not enjoy the walking to get about the hotel in the heat. The pathways while pretty, were not direct routes and when hot and bothered, I wished for shortcuts.

Some of the other guests were inconsiderate and got in my way. I don't want to cause debate but I found the russians to be guilty of this.

The shops on site require bartering for good prices and I do not enjoy this. The pharmacy sold me out of date and very possibly fake goods which were replaced, but without apology or explanation which I found dissapointing. I can only hope that what I have purchased is legit.

I can only end this review with high recommendation and I shall certainly revisit again, hopefully when the pyramids may be open to the public again.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Best Hotel ever !!!! I would recommend this hotel for family vacations. People there are very friendly and would always help solve problems that rarely occur. Very good location and the hotel has his own private beach and u don't have to use the suttle bus to go to the beach like many other hotels. The hotel has a lake with small boats to use to go around the hotel and also u can reach the beach using the boats...

Room Tip: I would recommend a sea view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hockley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We had a nice week at this hotel, we had been on a nile cruise the week before so just wanted to relax for a week !!. This hotel has mostly germans staying there, we in fact were the only english !!, so a bit of a novelty to the staff !!. I did not mind being the odd ones out, as we just wanted to recover from the previous weeks various trips. I must be honest i still much prefer the royal albatros in sharm, but this was fine. The food was very good, entertainment not great but egypt is not really into entertainment as we know it . Staff were friendly albeit they kept talking to me in german, i gave up in the end trying to tell them i was english !. All in all though a nice hotel, no complaints.

Room Tip: Maybe learn some german lol
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This resort is nothing more than average. It starts with the staff at the reception....no personal word, you are just a number. The resort is huge, so count a fair bit of walking. Luckily there are boats that can take you to the beach, which is a small strip of rather ugly sand. The rooms look run down already, really nothing memorable. There are plenty restaurants, but all of them offer strange food with egyptian flavour. You can see that the hotel is trying to offer some standard, but its all half-baked. The spa is managed by an external company...the only thing they want to do is to sell you their services. The pools are busy, only real advantage is the kids pool in the centre of the resort - our kids liked it. The kids daycare is ok, but at least in our case the daycare staff was bored and therefore not really engaged. When you go outside of the hotel there is obviously nothing....one hotel next to each other, on the other side of the street shops that are trying to rip you off. Overall, below average, a place where you don't want to go if you expect a certain standard, modern comfort and personal service.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the middle of the resort are better than the rest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed every minute in the resort, the friendliness of the staff is unbelievable! They work so hard and still manage to smile and keep everyone happy, absolutely loved them! Food is great, lots of choice for everyone. Beautiful hotel grounds, very well maintained, rooms need a little bit improvement, but are ok.
Great place for holiday!

• Stayed April 2013
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

After my "beware" review last year, we returned to the Dana Beach with a little apprehension. We shouldn't have worried. They welcomed us back like long lost friends. We had the same suite as last year and would you believe, they had put a handle on the safe!! No more opening it with a pen. But seriously, anyone thinking of going to Hurghada the Dana Beach is the place to go. The food has improved 100% and the amenities have changed for the better. For people who like their beer cold they can now get a bucket with ice to keep the beer cold on the beach. I would like this opportunity to thank Mr Ahmed Farag ( General Manager PickAlbatros Hotels )for making our stay very enjoyable indeed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spent 5 days in May and it was a woderful holiday. Great resort, nice beach, very good food (especially at the Asian restaurant), no problems. Many Pools, also for Children a nice Adventure Pool. Only the standard room offered at the beginning was a bit tiny but we upgraded without problem for 5€ per night (definitely worth it !) to a Suite with very nice standard and a lot of space.
Really nothing to complain, we will come back for sure one day.

Room Tip: Upgrade for Suites (but no Family Suites available, thats the problem)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!