“Wonderful Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 175 Hotels in Hurghada
Gandhinagar, India
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Starting from Check-in till Check-out, it was a wonderful experience. Hilton, by name itself raises expectations and then the staff leave no stone unturned to fulfill the same. It was a great weekend completely filled with happy moments. The staff is very hospitable, smiling, ready to help, kind and try to make your trip as comfortable as they can.

Being an Indian vegetarian, it was very difficult to find something to eat. However Mr. Mina Makram, Guest Relations Officer tried his level best to assist us in finding vegetarian dishes & also arranged nice indian dinner for us. Thank you for all your care, kindness and understanding towards us.

Shef Mr. Lala-Seef made an indian dish for us and it was just amazing. It exceeded our expectations and one of the best vegetarian dish i could have had there. Thank you once again.

Few points that Hilton may look upon is fixtures in the room which may be taken care before check-in & if possible to have some indian/vegetarian food being a 5 star hotel. Rest all is just perfect. Overall we enjoyed our stay, food, pool, beach, staff behaviour, service, etc. Hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Horeya, Gm's Personal Assistant at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Hurghada.

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor Web.

I would like to thank you more for your over whelming comments on the level of services we have managed to deliver to your good self during your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valued guests. Highly cherish your kind words and it will definitely give me a greater pleasure to share your compliments with our team members.

Kindly rest assured that we will always endeavor to meet your expectations, as servicing such valued guest like your good self is and will always remain our ultimate achievement.

Looking forward to welcome once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort, your home away from home.

Hilton Hurghada Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Thanks for all the staff and special thanks for the reception staff and the house keeper's staff and the restaurant staff .....thanks for every one there in this hotel.....
I really hope to get back again next year

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Horeya, PA to GM at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor Traveller web.

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort and any of our Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

the hospitality is very high, Hilton team are very helpful. the food quality is good however, the dessert variety should be reviewed. best room service. animation team should stick to pool/beach animation schedule. kids club should be relocated to be in the main area instead of villa area. overall, the experience was great... THANK YOU HILTON RESORT TEAM

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Horeya, Personal Assistant to GM at Hilton Hurghada Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest.

Greetings from sunny Hurghada.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Thank you lot for nice time in your hotel im really enjoy it really all is amazing Food-Staff-Rooms and all hotel facility i can not wait till i be back next year see you and thank you for all :)

Ahmed Zaie

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to write and post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very nice hotel with amazing beach. Excellent service, the staff was very helpful. The resort is very quiet and ideal to relax. The room was very clean with excellent air-condition. Can't describe the beach and how amazing it is. Special thanks to the unbelievable animation team  they were so funny, we will never forget them also Oscar the camel 
A very big thanks and real appreciation to the great management team that works to bring out this huge amount of relax, fun and unforgettable memories,

Good luck and always on top..
Mohamed Essam

Room Tip: Pool, sea and garden views,
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Hurghada.

First I would like to thank choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor Traveller Web.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us along with the services provided to your good self throughout your stay. Many thanks for your kind words. Definetly I will share your precious comments with my colleagues.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Resort, your home away from home.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

the hotel was very nice, the food was very very good and well organised, the stuff were very professional, the location is more than perfect, the hotel rooms was good, the beach was excellent and very very clean

Room Tip: try to choose the sea view rooms it is much more better and nearer to the beach
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Resort and for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor Traveller Web.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I suppose the best way for me to go through our holiday is as we experienced.

First of all, please be aware that the visa required to enter the country costs £10 or $15, if for whatever reason this changes then go to the kiosk before the barriers and pay there. We got off our plane only for the whole plane to be charged £13 for each visa meaning the airport had ripped off the plane for about £1000.

We arrived at the hotel in good spirits to check in. We were greeted politely, we asked if the resort was quiet and was told the hotel was at 40% occupancy. We were then shown to our first of many rooms. This is where the first problem began, we had booked a triple room for 3 grown adults and the pictures we thought we saw depicted two double beds. However we were shown to a small room with two single beds! Now, we were a little perplexed by this and the bell boy told us that they would push the two single beds together and fit a roll out bed for myself.

We weren't sure this was what we had paid for and returned to the front desk to state the room was too small for three adults and we needed two double beds. We were then told that there were no rooms like this at all in the hotel and then the check in clerk had the cheek to tell us there were no other rooms for us to move to after telling us the hotel was at 40% occupancy.

To cut this part short. We went to see a further 3 rooms and finally had to settle for a slightly larger room with myself on a roll out cot bed, something I would really imagine a child having to sleep on.

Once unpacked we noticed that the room was tired and dirty to say the least. The furniture was dark brown and chipped. Dirt was in every corner and ground into the floor whilst the shower and bath walls had yellowing grout with a lovely black mould growing on them. Not what I expected of a 5* establishment.

At this point we were exhausted from our travels and so decided that this would likely be the best we would get and decided to head down to the lobby bar for a drink.

As we sat down my mother and I became quite aware that there actually seemed to be very few tourists as I would say. The hotel seemed to be an overwhelming majority of Egyptians all clad in traditional Muslim dress. By no means do I mean to offend the Egyptian nationality or the Muslim culture however dressed in shorts and a tshirt I became increasingly aware of the filthy looks I was receiving for not being covered. I was under the impression I was coming to a tourist area in a hotel that would be westernised and having visited Egypt many times before that was what I expected. At one point during this holiday I was actually spat at by a woman dressed in a burka and I can only assume I offended her by being by the pool in a bikini as she did not speak a word of English so I could not have said anything to offend.

It turns out that we were all of about 4 or 5 sets of British tourists in the hotel and in order to help fill the hotel the management had decided to drop the prices to the point where locals could afford to holiday at the hotel turning the hotel from a relaxing 5* establishment to a 1* hell hole.

Children were up until 1 or 2 am in the lobby bar screaming and shouting, pushing the lamps off of the tables and smashing glasses / plates and then running off. There was supposed to be 2 pools with bars however one of these was closed with no bar service. This meant the main pool was crowded and filled with children jumping, diving and splashing everywhere. There was not one quiet area. You would find kids or even the parents just sitting on your towels if you returned from getting a drink or going for lunch. There was simply no respect for any one else's belongings or space. Parents were taking small babies into the pool without any waterproof swimwear on. Just nappies and then changing them and leaving them by the poolside or putting them in the pool bins to fester.

This was a daily occurrence of complete hell for 5 days of our holiday and continued to worsen as our patience and tolerance waned.

Our experience of the main restaurant for the first few days can only be described as zoo like. Not one but of courtesy was shown to there being a queue or people patiently waiting for food. People would simply barge you aside and mutter at you as if you had got in their way as they piled plate after plate sky high with food. Most of which can I say was often wasted. The menu was not international whatsoever at this point, I feel like it had been lowered in quality and choice so as to maintain profits as they had lowered the cost if their rooms so drastically. I personally do not feel that foods such as liver, Egyptian okra and refried beans to be considered international. Daily, you were given one fish choice, one chicken (legs and thighs only) and if you were lucky some beef with potatoes and perhaps some steamed vegetables. The waiters were struggling to keep tables clean and tidy up after the wake of destruction they left in their path.

In the main reception area (away from the pool may I add) the toilets were forever absolutely filthy. If you went to use them you were paddling in urine and the toilet had not been flushed from the last use. Often I would tell the reception staff only to return to find them in no better condition. Again, dirty nappies strew the sink areas and after many failed attempts I decided to return to ny room each time to use the toilet as there were enough to make even a hardened stomach turn.

Facilities wise half of these were not available to us. The disco was 'broken' for the duration whilst it was used as a conference room. On the day these students left the disco was suddenly working again for the last two days of our holiday however what was meant to be house music and for over 16's there were young toddlers, babies and children dancing to traditional Egyptian music. So for what time the disco was open we felt ostracised and pushed out.

The second pool was closed with no bar service. The swim up pool bar never opened. There was no pool activities such as water aerobics. The Hilton website boasts of 11 restaurants and bars whereas half of these carried extra charges. The diving centre in the resort wasn't open and the Internet facilities were not free despite what we had read. Even then when I did buy a one shot card the Internet wasn't even working then if I had paid for it so I ended up having no internet access for the week I was there.

Unfortunately throughout our stay we felt we had no choice but to complain on several occasions asking to speak to the general manager however we were always told that she was not there or unavailable. We actually found out she lives in the resort over the other side if the hotel in a villa so to say that she was unavailable to talk to us was unacceptable. We felt she was being cowardly hiding behind her staff who held the place together without her.

Having been upgraded to a suite that was no better standard wise or cleanliness wise but I now had a slightly better bed in the form of a sofa bed.

We ate each evening in the a la carte restaurant so as to avoid the zoo like crowds and to give credit to the staff they did what they could with what they had. However we do feel our holiday was mis sold. Half of the amenities weren't open, filthy toilets and rooms, noisy pool with no regard to safety or other people and overall a horrible holiday.

There are some great staff members and I want to thank them personally for trying to make the best situation they could in an impossible environment.

Ahmed Ald Elfdel (Waiter La Casa)
Saye Yehya ( Chef La Casa)
Mohammed ( Lobby Bar Barman)
Chef Hanni (Executive Chef)

I would be interested to hear the hotels feedback on their thoughts as it seems they only reply to those reviews that are good or obtained 'in partnership with Hilton Hotels'

Cc Travel Republic
Cc Hilton Resorts

Dear Our Valued Guest,

I am really disappointed to notice that you weren't fully satisfied during your recent stay at our resort. On behalf of the Resort's management please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

However and in a way of explanation and not as an excuse, I would like to highlight the following; in regards to the room size, our Front desk team showed your good self-three different rooms to have the opportunity to choose the more convenient room that suits your requirements. Moreover we offered you a complimentary upgrade to diplomatic suite to make your accommodation more comfortable.

For your comment concerning level of cleanliness, I would like to assure you that the hotel continues to make every effort to ensure that all practices and procedures are in line with strict safety and hygiene regulations in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation. Over and above we're audited by an independent International company specialized in safety & hygiene.

For the unaccepted attitude from local guests at public areas as well as the misuse of public toilets, I would like to assure you that as an International Operator in world of tourism, we cater and cherish to all our guests regardless of their nationalities.
We appreciate your understanding of the fact that the behavior of some guests is beyond our control, however we save no efforts to assist all to tackle any case in a respectable approach ensuring that rules and regulations are promptly followed to enable all guests enjoy their stays' at our resort.

Kindly note that the Villas' Pool Bar which is located at the other side of the main building was temporary closed due to the low demand at that period as the majority of our in house guests use the front area pool bar. Yet, the Villas' swimming pool is opened for guests' usage.

Kindly allow me to inform your good self that the hotel's General Manager was on vacation during your stay accordingly concerned department head each in his/her area meet our valued guests in order to timely attend to their requests and solve any challenge if applicable.

Please rest assured that remaining comments mentioned in your mail has been communicated to all concerned personnel to take necessary measures where and as applicable.

I do hope that the inconvenience caused does not deter you from visiting us once again in the near future where I will personally make sure you have the relaxation and service you deserve and should expect from us.

Regards,