Still here at the palm royal, been here for two weeks, one week left.
Over all this a good hotel for Egypt standards , if you have traveled to Dubai or Abu Dhabi and stayed in a five star hotel , you will probably be a little less over joyed at this hotel.
We flew with Thomas cook and will never ever fly with them again if the flight is more than 2 hours long.
I cannot believe the leg room they give you in a standard seat, it makes easy jet seats seem like business class, but it left on time and cabin crew were plea sent .
Most of soma bay is owned by 2 Egyptian brothers with a couple of Russian billionaire investors. Most hotels in soma bay will have a Russian occupancy of between 70 and 90 per cent most months of the year, so if you do not like Russians this is not the ideal hotel for you, how ever apart from most of them being a bit grumpy , reserving all the sun beds by 5.30 in the morning and drinking and smoking about 9.00 o clock in the morning they were OK
Most of the holiday reps are Russian, so are the holiday concierge near the front desk and all the shows and aerobic workouts are all spoken in Russian.
All of the staff were very hard working and are a credit to the hotel.
The food in all the themed restaurants were good to excellent.
Buffet breakfast was good.
Buffet dinner a bit hit or miss but OK apart from some gust dressing for dinner in there swimming costume and beach towels, just lowers the atmosphere when you spent 2 hours getting ready.
If you are a none smoker you will have no where to go in the evening for a drink or dinner, apart from the inside buffet where it is non smoking, every where else is smoking and a lot off it
You can smell the stale cigarette smoke before you even get to the bars or themed restaurants. If you have a drink in the main reception area your clothes would stink of cigarette smoke when you leave.
The main beach was just OK but very crowded but the sea was clear and shallow so good for kids if you managed to get a sun bed.
Although sea is clear there is no snorkeling off the beach , apart from the odd small fishes.
Brilliant if you like kite surfing or wind surfing.
The sun bed issue would improve a great deal if guest have coupons they could exchange for towels then return towels to get back your token for the next day but as this is not in place many people just leave there disused towels on sunbeds and people assume the bed are taken when they are not.In fact you are not allowed to reserve sun beds the management does not enforce this as they do not enforce dress code at restaurants.
Drinks were as follows, beer OK cocktails terrible, all wine were poor quality but as like any thing you just get used to it so we drank it. Prices for non inclusive drinks were off the scale so never bothered.
All in all we had a good time for the money we paid , i would probably only return if it was a cheap deal for a week but i would 100 per cent not fly with Thomas cook.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The SENTIDO Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga ist just 12 km away from the SENTIDO Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Furthermore, several A la Carte-Restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada