“Heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Royale Soma Bay

You added Palm Royale Soma Bay to your Saves list
Palm Royale Soma Bay
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Soma Bay, PO Box 348 | Safaga-Hurghada Highway, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #3 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Here we go. Straight forward review. I'm well travelled and this hotel blew our sox off in every aspect. Food, hospitlity, cleanliness, activities, staff etc, etc. We feel we have found our ideal hotel. So much so that we are booking to return next year. I have never really had the holiday blues before but have coming back from this holiday. I would just like to say on behalf of myself, my husband and young son, thank you Paml Royal for making our stay so memorable. You should be proud of what you have to offer. :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bicester,Oxon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from the Palm Royale following our 11night stay. Like the majority of guests we had an amazing holiday and totally impressed with the decor, but mainly the extremely attentive and friendly staff, from management,guest relations,waiters in all restaurants and cleaners. Our room was on the fourth floor following our request for a high floor and we had a brilliant view of the pool and the beach. The room was always cleaned thoroughly each day and bedding and towels changed. The staff in the main Stella restaurant couldn't be more attentive and there was always a great choice of food,however once we tried the a la cartes we were even more spoilt and went to all but the Italian several times. Our favourite was the Asian followed jointly between the Greek and Lebanese. We thought it was nice that the chefs came out to see how their food was going down, so when we complimented them they were thrilled. We like to spend our day on the beach and most days beds were available but if you want a particular spot its best to get up early and get your towels out!! It was incredibly windy during our stay as in gale force, however, it was also very welcome and we got a great tan.
Overall, we would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants complete relaxation and pampering. Only one negative for me,a gin and tonic girl, I couldn't even go there...I tried, but the fumes hit me before the liquid hit my lips, but the wine was okay and the Stella beer was fine. So, anyone thinking of going to this hotel won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to have a sea view
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We came back from royal palm 7 days where we spent 14 beautiful days. We come for the second year in a royal palm, and we hope to come again next year. Palm is a beautiful hotel that has the most beautiful beach in Hurghada, beautiful a la carte restaurants and the people who work in it. Greetings from Serbia, and see you next year!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Newbiggin-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I have recently returned from the Palm Royale after a 14 day stay.
We had a fantastic relaxing holiday, which was just what we were looking for.
Our room was a sea view room with a large double bed, which was immaculate and was thoroughly cleaned every day.
The food in the buffet restaurant was decent, as were the snacks available from the pool bar. We visited the Italian restaurant on one occasion, which to be honest was a let down, as the service on that occasion was very poor.
We ate at the Greek restaurant on approx 12 out of our 14 nights. The service and food in this restaurant was amazing. The staff were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Whilst on our holiday, my husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We did make the hotel aware of this, and the staff in the Greek restaurant made us a happy anniversary cake and presented us with the cake after our meal along with champagne. This made the occasion even more special and I would like to extend our thanks and gratitude to the staff who mde this happen.
Overall, I would recommend this holiday to everyone who is looking for a relaxing time. The only note I would make is that the location is very windy-so put on extra SPF for the first few days, as the wind makes if feel cooler, but you will still burn!
Special thanks to Mohammed in the restaurant, Habib who works by the pool and all of the staff at the Greek restaurant for making our holiday an enjoyable experience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We are not first time in this hotel. And coming back like home. First of all the staf is so polite and nice here, they are giving you nice filling of returning home. There are already a lot comment about accommodation and restaurants (our favorite is Lebanese one) that I have nothing to add. From the check in point till the checkout the people arround are helpfull.
We are coming here because of fancy long beach coast and opportunity to see so beautiful underwater world. Before we saw several times turtles in the sea trips. We usually use sea trips from the beach. The guys are working there in Nemo aqua are always friendly and giving good service, but how much we were disappointed with snorkeling this time!!!! There was a new team. The service was poor, we didn't enjoy at all. No organization, no good explanation, to compare with previous team. This what it made us sad this time.
But all in all as usuall the hotel is great and we hope to be back again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for 11 nights all-inclusive in July and very much enjoyed our stay. We are quite cynical and fussy sort of people to be honest - and were really impressed.

The grounds, pools, rooms, lobby area and restaurants are all very grand and definitely what I would class as 5 star facilities. It is a kid friendly hotel but there werent a whole lot of young kids around - seemed to be mostly couples and families with older children. Good place for a quiet relaxing holiday.

We stayed in a standard twin and were not expecting it to be as large or as fancy as it was.

I was impressed with most of the staff at the resort who were very polite and helpful.

We were particularly looked after due to our dietary requirements - we are vegans so dont eat meat dairy products eggs etc. The staff at all of the restaurants made sure we were looked after, and were introduced to some of the chefs who helped us choose meals suited to our needs.

The quality of the food was very good in all of the a la carte restaurants and in the main buffet restaurant - particularly the Lebanese restaurant and the Asian restaurant.

The all-inclusive local beer 'Stella' is pretty good in my opinion, the all-inclusive wines are pretty average. The bar staff in the pool area in particularly were very friendly.

I would recommend doing a snorkeling trip and a trip to the desert to a Bedouin village. We went on 2 operated by Thomas Cook - there are trips offered on site aswell which Im sure are good too. While on the beach you will get approached by staff trying to sell you trips - haggling is kind of a cultural thing in Egypt which we aren't used to, so is best to keep that in mind.

The one negative thing I can say is that the internet is expensive here and pretty slow, we had business while on holiday so ended up paying for 10 nights which cost 90 US. This worked out far cheaper than 5 US an hour. If you require the internet I believe purchasing an Egyptian sim would be a more cost effective way of doing it too.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Hurghada area especially those with special dietary requirements. Great customer service and attention to detail. The all-inclusive option with Thomas Cook seems particularly good value for money as it comes with unlimited dining options in all restaurants, 3 free massages, free activities and free use of the Tennis Courts every day. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Hurghada area especially those with special dietary requirements and would encourage you to go on day trips as we really enjoyed ours.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I was in palm royale twice time. I think ,this hotel is a place where you want to go back.i can't wait a January ! Because I will come to palm royale again. What is it PALM ROYALE?it is a clear,long and beautiful beach ; big rooms ,luxurious reception, big and beautiful territory,where you can walk in the evenings , many restaurants - the main - Stella , Asian , Greek , Italian , livanian. Helpful and friendly staff . Thank to animation team! Lillia, Nicole , Lina , Ozzie , Beppo and Denj !i hope , I will meet you again ! Volleyball ,water polo ,water gym , bocca , belly dance ,darts , stretching , cocktail game and show time! Variety show, oriental show, karaoke , games and others.thank you,guys!also, I want to thank Lala! Egor miss u! Haha:)
I recommend this hotel !)

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Palm Royale Soma Bay? Share your experiences!