“wonderful break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Royale Soma Bay

You added Palm Royale Soma Bay to your Saves list
Palm Royale Soma Bay
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Soma Bay, PO Box 348 | Safaga-Hurghada Highway, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #3 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
London, United Kingdom
“wonderful break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from 10 days at Palm Royale. We had room number 1236 which had great views of pool & sea. The room was spacious and very clean with good hospitality tray. All the staff from cleaners to managers were absolutely brilliant nothing was to much trouble! The Food in the main restaurant was good with plenty of choice. The a la carte restaurants were very good quality and our favourite was the Asian which was fantastic. The pool area was very spacious, sun loungers very comfortable and very relaxing. Thanks to the Palm Royale for a great holiday and the extra touches for our Birthdays which was much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Sorry, I should have written this a couple of months ago. We went at Easter and this was our second visit to the Palm Royale. There is nothing I can add to the other raving reiews but must say that our holiday was faultless

From the moment we arrived we were treated like family - nothing was too much trouble and we needed to ask for nothing. Our room was just fantastic, with views of the sea and pool. As requested, we were on the first floor and our son had a room next to us. The food was excellent and the staff always very attentive. We lay on the beach every day and our beds were always ready for us. The hotel grounds were, as usual, impecable and we cannot wait to return next year.
I would like to thank so many people and will probably miss someone but could I just mention Adel Kamal,Amir,Aziem Yossef, Moustafa the Thomas Cook rep, Karam Abd Elbaky,Mena Moner, Bishay Ataz, Hasham Omar andHussein Mousa.
I also had a massage whilst there and have to admit that again they responded wonderfully to my request for just a gentle 1 hour massage - no bruises or kneeling on my back!
My only warning would to be wary of the water sports which are under separate management and for which they do NOT warn you of insurance THEY say is required if any
of their equipment is accidentally damaged. An incident involving our son could have ruined his holiday but once again the hotel management and the Thomas Cook rep were tremendous!!
We would recommend this hotel without question and look forward to meeting all of our friends again next year.

Room Tip: We loved the first floor with wonderful pool and sea views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cheshire, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Booked this hotel on the basis of the many excellent reviews on TA . It was dark when we arrived, we had paid for an upgrade to a beach front room which was 2210. In the morning we were greeted by our view which was the beach/sea but also the security man and his hut. This view would have been lovely had we felt we had some privacy. Most evenings we felt we couldn't sit out on the balcony as the security man and his visiting mates would constantly gorp up at us. The food in the main buffet Stella restaurant was so repetitive, and we were only there a week. There would be 'themed' evenings, but it was the same food just a different name to coincide with the theme. It was also manic in the restaurant more like a canteen. Due to our room upgrade we were able to have breakfast in the VIP restaurant which was much more relaxing and we always enjoyed. This hotel is not all inclusive ! So many hidden costs as detailed in previous reviews. Some of the local spirits were undrinkable but the local Stella beer was fine. The evening entertainment was dreadful and stopped at 9pm ! The hotel has all the space and facilities to put on some fantastic entertainment, but their animation team clearly do not know how to entertain or it could be that the hotel limits what they can do. Staff gave you good service depending on if you had tipped them previously or not. Sadly, we became ill the day before our departure home ultimately resulting in medical treatment as soon as we were back in the UK. We had been so careful throughout our stay as advised. The room was spacious and was kept very clean as was the entire hotel. Only UK operator that seems to use this hotel is Thomas Cook, all the other tour operators are either Russian, German or Italian which was evident by the very few UK guests that were there. Finally this hotel is in a very remote location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Waltham St Lawrence, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I have only just returned having just had the best holiday ever. Reading the other comments from previous guests helped us to choose this venue, as it was our first ever visit to the Hurghada area and didn't know what to expect. WOW what a complex! I have to agree with every word of praise others have said about this this Hotel. We ate breakfast on the terrace every morning and by the second day all the staff we met on day one had remembered what our preference for Tea' Coffee and fruit juices was, I am retired and disabled so was using my walking stick all of the time, but in the kindest way possible the staff would not allow me to carry my choice selected from an extensive buffet as they told me it was their job to ensure we had a good holiday.I would recommend that you book and eat in all the specialist restaurants ie Asian, Italian, Greek and our favorite the Lebanese. Our room was 2210 and I have to praise the housekeeping staff for the !st class job he did every day. The only niggle I had was that the Wifi facility was available but was 80 US dollars per week. The front of house manager inquired if every thing was to our satisfaction and if he could help with any thing at all, I mentioned the Wifi issue and he immediately offered me a 50pc discount on the daily rate or 1 hour free of charge. I am sure that my wife and I will return to this wonderful venue some time soon. I must stress that we felt it was every member of staff had the aim and mission to ensure that they gave the highest quality service they could. Thank you to them all as in our eyes they were successful !

Room Tip: A beach view is worth paying that little extra for
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from this amazing hotel. From the start when you walk in to the reception area until you leave, the place is beautiful and spotlessly clean. The staff could not do enough to ensure your stay was enjoyable. Our room 1117 was spacious and the balcony was large with a sea view, the room was cleaned and towels were changed on a daily basis. The private beach is just a short away and we had no problem finding a bed. I must add that Michael Dekry (Nemo Bar) looked after us with a smile and a warm welcome when we stopped off for a drink.
When we did have an issue we spoke to Mr Kannan, Front of House Manager, and he was excellent. His customer service skills are second to none. Nothing was to trivial for him. An example being (that for a reason unknown) our pre booked taster fishing trip was cancelled. As this trip is only available on a Monday and we were departing on the Friday we thought we had missed our chance. However when I told this to Mr Kannan, he said "Leave this with me".
Later we found a note in our room saying our fishing trip would be on Thursday. Thursday came and we went to reception and was picked up by a manager and driven to the harbour and to our surprise we were met by the crew of the hotel owners own yacht and informed by Mr Kannan that he was unable to use the regular fishing boat (as it was already committed else where) and he had spoken to the owner who said we could use his boat and crew so we could enjoy the fishing. As we were the only two people on the boat (with two crew) we felt like millionaires, all thanks to Mr Kannan.
Would we go back. Yes of course.

Room Tip: Make use of the speciallity restaurants especially the Lebanese.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband spent 12 days at Palm Royale for our honeymoon and it couldnt have been any better!! The hotel is stunningly beautiful, very spacious rooms, very clean and very friendly staff always smiling and willing to help. We stayed in room 1228 with fantastic views to pool and beach!! A big thank you to Mr Khanan for choosing it for us. He is a very nice person and very helpful. We emailed him in advance about our visit and ask him if possible to get an ocean view balcony as at the moment of booking we were told that it depends on availability, but thanks to Mr Khanan was no a problem. Our room was always very well clean thanks to Rami, he did every day something funny from towels, big thank you to him.
Pools and gardens are beautiful,always enough beds around, want to thank Omar and Gerges in pool for the great service and help.
Beach is fantastic with clean sand and a lot of sunbeds, we had no problems at all in finding a pair:) we want to say a big thank you to Saber(towell station), he always was willing to help in anyway he could.
About the trips and activities offered by Thomas Cook we did the safari with quads. Our reps from the thomas cook was only available once,he should brings us harafats for what we paid and he didnt and IF want to meet him again we were told we have to call him to book a visit but we prefered the ones from Nemos(personal choice) as the service is more personal and they always want to meet and excees your expectations!!
We really enjoyed the fishing,snorkelling,Safari with quads,swimming with dolphins trips. A massive Thank you to RUSLAN - he made our holiday so special. We were going on trips just with him. He was making sure that we enjoyed our trips and ensuring we had value for money(as he always saying) We miss him so so much. We had a free horse riding offered by Thomas Cook around the hotel and we want to say a big Thank You to Kiro(guy from horses)who made for us so beautiful pictures.
About the food - Cafe Stella has a nice variety of food.Breakfast, lunch and dinneer. we really enjoyed it. There is a 4 a la carte restaurants, but our favorite one was the Asia Restaurant with chef Ahmed and manager Lizal and all the staff. Big thank you guys you made us feel very special. We tried as well the Lebanese and Greek and they were also good .
We had the all-inclusive package, of course some items are not inclusive but the the staff are always willing to clarify what stuff is included and you have a quite variety of stuff to choose from.
About the Drinks - beer and wines were really good(not as bad as other reviews)and cocktails were just ok - you cannot expect more from a muslim country as the alcohol is local. We did our shopping in the local shops from the hotel and to be honest is not as bad as some people advertise them(not wanna say names) some stuff are even cheaper than the duty free at Hurghada airport!!! I deeply believe is not fair to make bad propaganda to these shops in order to sell their own shopping trips, so please donot be scared or trust of what some people will tell you.
We took this holiday in order to Chillax!!, have some fun and not just sitting in and drink or just watch things around and not going any further than our noses can point. I think some complaint-reviews are abit over the top and dont make any favour to all the hardworking people at the hotel. i read some 'complains' and i can tell you is not totally true. If you want something big and truelly special you can pay double or triple somewhere else but for Egypt this hotel is really a 5stars for sure!! It was my second time in Egypt and we highly recomend this hotel.
Thank you very much to all the staff in and out of the hotel, in special to Ruslan,Saber,Rami,Omar,Mr Kannan and many manymore!!
Lucy & Oscar

• Stayed June 2013
cumbrian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just returned from this amazing hotel on the 15-06-13, and what a hotel it is!
As you pull up to the hotel you will be amazed by the reception area, not only the lovely high ceilings with stained glass, but it also has a bar surrounded by a pond full of Koi carp.
We arrived at the hotel at 22:30 and we were hungry. We thought we had missed the restaurant which closed at 22:30, But as we got to our room there was some one in there, we were sure it would be the porter with our bags, but it was not, it was room service bringing us up a complimentary dinner, and it was a lovely salad with cheese, hams and bread rolls. Just what the doctor ordered.
The room was nice, big and very clean, with two double beds and some superb towel art. My tip to you would be tip the cleaner at the end of your holiday, as we tipped after two days and he kept hassling us and asking if the room was ok not only once, but 3 times in a morning, It came to a point where we had to go down to guest relations and speak to Mr Kannan who sorted it out with in minutes. If you need anything while you are there or have any problems speak to him and we were surprised that he always came over to us to make sure everything was ok and never forgot our names.
The restaurants. We were there for two weeks and only ate in the main restaurant once, not because it was bad as it was quite nice, but you can use the a'la carte restaurants as much as you like. And when we are on holiday we like to be waited on a bit. Everyone of the restaurants you go to when you get inside you could honestly be in that country as the decor is that good. And I can nearly say the same about the food, with a massive exception for the Italian. I would say try it but go early so you can go to the buffet if you don't eat the food. The other restaurants are great, and when you go to the Greek you gotta try the Greek salad!
The animation team. After the first few days i did not even know there was an animation team, as we spent the days round the pool. Get down to the beach and that all changed it is easier to handle the heat as well as there is a nice constant breeze. I'm quite active and played volley ball each day and there was lots for everyone to do! all of the team was amazing and looked after us like we were there best friends, which i hope we will be good friends for a long time. And as I write this i am the current Mr Palm Royale after doing 18 bicep curls with lily and making a complete fool of myself. But i won over a few Russians and got the vote, lol Thanks guys you are the best.
Overall. The hotel was great and there were plenty of sun beds although the hotel was only half full. I think even if it was full and on the off chance we could not have got a bed, we would have just lay on the grass which was like a mattress. the nicest grass i have ever seen!
Tips.
- Change your money in the hotel as you get a far better rate than you do in the uk.
-What ever you do, do NOT do the Thomas Cook trip to Hurghada, It was a joke. We went for my fiancees birthday treat and the shops are all just tack! We had Two hours shopping time and after 45 minutes we walked past McDonalds, to see the other 8 people on the trip sat there having a drink and passing time. We laughed and then joined them, was probably the only place we would not get hassle. And the food at hard rock cafe was crap!
-Thomas Cook guests get a few free testers, and one of them is 3 free massages, they will let you put them into 1 full body if you like, but beware it is a sports massage and they do not ask you if you have any problems first! so if you have a bad back and you don't want some man kneeling on it you better just let them know first!
-The free scuba dive tester was good, it was only a 2 minute go in the sea but good to see if you like it. I did and went off on an amazing boat and done 2 dives which was superb and cost about £80
-Don't worry about mosquito's to much as we never seen one the whole time we were there.
-Don't book the extra leg room seats on the plane, as if you sit by the door you get a drought and if you sit in the center the partition stops you spreading your legs and you get people walking in front of you all the time. There was more leg room on the normal seats than the extra leg room ones amazingly as i found out!
-When you get to Hurghada you do have to pay £13 each to get in for your visa.
You will have a great time, with great people and the staff at this hotel are second to none! Thank you very much to the whole team especially Mr Kannan, the whole animation team (that are not all that good at volley ball when up against me and the general) and the little Indian waiter at Breakfast.

Room Tip: E-mail before you get there and ask for a room second floor or above with a pool/sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Palm Royale Soma Bay? Share your experiences!