Me and my husband spent 12 days at Palm Royale for our honeymoon and it couldnt have been any better!! The hotel is stunningly beautiful, very spacious rooms, very clean and very friendly staff always smiling and willing to help. We stayed in room 1228 with fantastic views to pool and beach!! A big thank you to Mr Khanan for choosing it for us. He is a very nice person and very helpful. We emailed him in advance about our visit and ask him if possible to get an ocean view balcony as at the moment of booking we were told that it depends on availability, but thanks to Mr Khanan was no a problem. Our room was always very well clean thanks to Rami, he did every day something funny from towels, big thank you to him.
Pools and gardens are beautiful,always enough beds around, want to thank Omar and Gerges in pool for the great service and help.
Beach is fantastic with clean sand and a lot of sunbeds, we had no problems at all in finding a pair:) we want to say a big thank you to Saber(towell station), he always was willing to help in anyway he could.
About the trips and activities offered by Thomas Cook we did the safari with quads. Our reps from the thomas cook was only available once,he should brings us harafats for what we paid and he didnt and IF want to meet him again we were told we have to call him to book a visit but we prefered the ones from Nemos(personal choice) as the service is more personal and they always want to meet and excees your expectations!!
We really enjoyed the fishing,snorkelling,Safari with quads,swimming with dolphins trips. A massive Thank you to RUSLAN - he made our holiday so special. We were going on trips just with him. He was making sure that we enjoyed our trips and ensuring we had value for money(as he always saying) We miss him so so much. We had a free horse riding offered by Thomas Cook around the hotel and we want to say a big Thank You to Kiro(guy from horses)who made for us so beautiful pictures.
About the food - Cafe Stella has a nice variety of food.Breakfast, lunch and dinneer. we really enjoyed it. There is a 4 a la carte restaurants, but our favorite one was the Asia Restaurant with chef Ahmed and manager Lizal and all the staff. Big thank you guys you made us feel very special. We tried as well the Lebanese and Greek and they were also good .
We had the all-inclusive package, of course some items are not inclusive but the the staff are always willing to clarify what stuff is included and you have a quite variety of stuff to choose from.
About the Drinks - beer and wines were really good(not as bad as other reviews)and cocktails were just ok - you cannot expect more from a muslim country as the alcohol is local. We did our shopping in the local shops from the hotel and to be honest is not as bad as some people advertise them(not wanna say names) some stuff are even cheaper than the duty free at Hurghada airport!!! I deeply believe is not fair to make bad propaganda to these shops in order to sell their own shopping trips, so please donot be scared or trust of what some people will tell you.
We took this holiday in order to Chillax!!, have some fun and not just sitting in and drink or just watch things around and not going any further than our noses can point. I think some complaint-reviews are abit over the top and dont make any favour to all the hardworking people at the hotel. i read some 'complains' and i can tell you is not totally true. If you want something big and truelly special you can pay double or triple somewhere else but for Egypt this hotel is really a 5stars for sure!! It was my second time in Egypt and we highly recomend this hotel.
Thank you very much to all the staff in and out of the hotel, in special to Ruslan,Saber,Rami,Omar,Mr Kannan and many manymore!!
Lucy & Oscar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The SENTIDO Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga ist just 12 km away from the SENTIDO Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Furthermore, several A la Carte-Restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada