I booked this holiday in august 2012 it was a wedding anniversary holiday and I chose the hotel with care,.We were at the hotel from 22nd February until 5th March. On arrival we found that the main swimming pool a massive feature of the hotel and one of the reasons I chose it was closed for repair. what a disappointment. We found out that it had been closed for two weeks before we arrived. Had we been notified abiout it here in the UK we would have changed hotels. We were told we could use the spa pool. This was not big enough to accomadate the number of guests. We had to go to the beach. We were constantly plagued there by people either trying to sell spa treatments or trips. Nightmare!The other thing that was not good was the food in the buffet resteraunt it was not even three star never mind five. It was poor quality and often stone cold. We ate in the snack bar at lunch time and one of the A La Carte resteraunts at night. The food in the Asian and Greek resteraunt was excellent. We had an uncooked ravioli experience in the Italian and rock hard pastry it was impossible to eat for their apple pie desert. We did not enjoy the Lebanese resteraunt but that can be put down to personal taste. A lot of thomas Cook guests complained about the buffet resteraunt. On the plus side the hotel itself and the grounds were beautiful and very well kept..The staff great rooms and bed linen to notch. We definitely would not return. this holiday did not deliver for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The SENTIDO Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga ist just 12 km away from the SENTIDO Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Furthermore, several A la Carte-Restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada