“Brilliant hotel, fantastic staff - we had a great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay

You added SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay to your Saves list
SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Soma Bay, PO Box 348 | Safaga-Hurghada Highway, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #6 of 175 Hotels in Hurghada
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant hotel, fantastic staff - we had a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Returned on Tuesday from a week's holiday at the Palm Royale in Soma Bay, booked with Thomas Cook. I was on holiday with my dad for a week of sun and relaxation and the Palm Royale was perfect. The hotel's private beach is idyllic and the beach bar serving all-inclusive drinks all day was especially nice.

All the staff were excellent, but Adel in Johnny's Bar in particular is absolutely fantastic, everything in the bar runs smoothly when he's around, he is very friendly and attentive and made my dad and I feel so welcome. He really does have a great rapport with the customers and is very good at his job. Thank you Adel!

Personally I found the red and white wine and the beer included in the price of the holiday were all fine. The red wine is very easy-drinking and I got through far too much of it in a week! We did go off the all-included drinks occasionally if we wanted a nightcap as international brands aren't included, but the wine is fine and so is the vodka and rum.

The food in general was great, the range of food in the buffet bar for breakfast and lunch is really impressive. My favourite thing at breakfast was the omelette station where you can get fantastic omelettes made to order. As for the hotel's other restaurants we loved the Asian restaurant and the Lebanese restaurant. The bread in the Lebanese restaurant is the best bread I have tasted in my life! Also the staff are really wonderful in there. I recommend the duck in the Asian restaurant and the sushi if you go off the all-inclusive menu. In the Lebanese, the Arabic sausage and the Shawarma beef are excellent. The Azur Bar also does decent lunchtime snacks. As you can see from my enthusiasm I ate far too much!

All over the hotel the staff were great, the beach staff bringing towels and sorting out sunbeds etc were very efficient, in particular a member of staff called Badwy.

Overall I absolutely loved the holiday and can't give it less than 5 stars!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks at th Palm Royale Soma Bay
A party of 4 we were amazed walking into the palatial and opulant atrium, after a no problem checck in by the very polite and attentive reception staff, our luggage was taken to our room, whil'st we enjoyed a meal,a huge selection of fine food, in the Stella restaurant.
The room which myself and wife had (1008) was large 2 double beds, mattress toppers which we had requested by email 2 weeks before made it 2 weeks of comfortable sleep, a ground floor room we had also requested, was duly given, bathroom, clean, large, bath with shower over bath
The Stella restaurant opened every dayforbreakfast at 6 30 am for early risers, I was told,
breakfast was a selection of hot and cold dishes, great porridge, fresh sqeezed orange juice, coffee out of a machine, great tasting for Egypt,
Owing to the swimming pool being closed for major maintenance, the beach was our alternative which was no problem plenty of beds and fresh towels everyday, loverly clean beach, sea very cold, an alternative pool at the health spa was made available but this was small but heated, like a creche everyday, mostly used by the hotels Russian clientele with an array of blow up crocodiles, dolphins, turtles etc, my wife used the pool at 8 00am for a swim, no problem at that time.
The Azure restaurant by the empty pool was a good alternative at lunch time for a light snack, served by the all attentive Mina & Mena great laugh trying to teach us Arabic
The al a carte restaurants, Asian, Greek, Lebanese & Italian served food of the highest class, well presented by good attentive waiters, the chefs in all of these establishment always took time for a chat after the meal
Jhonnys bar had a large screen tv showing mostly live and repeated premier league footy. the atrium had a pianist most nights giving this a real touch of class to thi truly magnifiecent hotel, the staff are the most freindly you would ever meet anywhere, Ahmed & Tarek in th Stella restaurant, brilliant guys, also a big mention to a big man Sharief the restaurant's manager, always had a chat and tried to put the world to right between us a huge asset I believe to the Palm Royale.
It was a pleasure to have stayed at this wonderful hotel and I would certainly recommend it to anyone visitng Egypt in the future, would I go again? right I would already booked for next year

Room Tip: 1006 to 1010 overlooking pool area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the perfect hotel to go to for a week or two if you want to chill out. The resort has everything you will need. Two pools and a nice, clean sandy beach. The hotel is situated in a moonscape of desert sand by a beautiful bay. The sea is warm, clean and there are beach chairs and sun shades.

The hotel staff usually smile and will do anything to help you and the food is fantastic There are restaurants in the complex to choose from and my favourite one was the Italian. If you are on an all inclusive, there is a good free local wine and local beer that are excellent but you can also buy any drink you want. We went there in February from Moscow. I don't recommend going in July or August as it will be far too hot.

I cannot find too many negative things to say about the hotel other than the health club area needs updating and the gym and sauna need to be replaced but everything works. The rooms are clean and bright but the beds are a bit hard. The hotel guests are mostly from Russia (70%) and the rest come from the UK and other countries. It is really great for families and couples looking to relax. The breakfasts are great and I recommend going on a diet before you go as the food is so good with a huge choice!

There is not much outside the hotel resort but if you need a break, I recommend going to this hotel on an all inclusive. You can relax on the beach, swim, eat, drink and have a great experience. It's hard these days to find hotels where the staff are polite and helpful. You may find a hotel were the food is great but the staff are rude and unhelpful or the food is bad but staff are helpful. At the Palm Royal Soma Bay, the staff are fantastic and the food is fantastic, they are an example to other hotels. I will certainly go back. The resort is only a 4 to 5 hour flight from Russia or from the UK, then a short bus ride from the airport.

Thanks Palm Royal, I enjoyed my stay very much. I am now on a diet!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Romsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just returned after two week holiday which we arranged direct with hotel.I found the reservation very easy and very professionally handled by Mr Walid Ahmed.The hotel and its staff provided us with a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday.The swimming pool was being refilled as we left and looks perfect.We had booked a Club room which was worth the extra charge if only to have your breakfast served in the La Terrace by the attentive manager Nishanta..It seemed that Thomas Cook instruct their guests not to book any trips from hotel or beach staff.We did book direct with beach staff and Dive shop and we found the trips to be excellent.To sum up we had fantastic service from all the staff,from the beach attendant to the the hotel management. B and K

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The hotel is situated on the beach, with 3 other hotels in Soma Bay, but you won't be able to visit them because of the security guards. The guards even stop you walking along the beach into the other hotels domains.
That said, you don't need to leave the hotel unless you get bored easily.
The beach is pleasant, with a gentle slope and no stones or pebbles, but there are no interesting coral features within easy swimming range, unlike many other Red Sea hotels.
Maybe it was the time of my stay, late January/early February, but there was no waiter service on the beach, which I would have expected from a 5 star hotel. Another thing lacking on the beach were any toilets, you had to go to the main hotel building, or your room if nature called.
All the staff were very friendly, but special mention must be given to Sameh Nassry in the Cafe Stella main restaurant. After the first couple of days, when he realised we were creatures of habit and arrived for our meals at the same time each evening, he had our table already set, with the wine and water already poured.
The food in the main restaurant was excellent, probably the best I've had in any hotel, it was so good that we only visited one of the other restaurants in the resort, the Asian, which was also very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Best ever Holiday in Egypt, only downside was when main pool sparndg a leak!
Otherwise everything 100% and the rest,
I am in Hotel management myself so usually hard to please.
I had to contact the hotel for a room with shower due to a disability.
Thomas Cook totally unhelpful could not possibly arrange so I contacted hotel myself, made
my booking with Thomas Cook and the hotel sorted for me.
Thankyou again for this.
Thomas Cook you need to be more helpfull in future, you are not disabled friendly but hotel was.
Service was 110% from the restaurant managers right down to the beach Towel Boys.
Rooms were wonderfull lovely balcnys and beds.
This is what I think off as a typical grand hotel right down to the pianoplayer who palyed in the Atrium at night
Keep up the standards, best Hotel I have stayed in in Egypt.
Hope to see you all again soon,let us hope Thoams cook will be more helpfull. at booking stage
I must mention Mustafa the thomas Cook rep, who was best Rep ever,nothing too much trouble.
thanks agin

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Just back from the most lovely holiday at this hotel. Huge opulent foyer gives a great first impression, that doesnt disappoint. Our room was a good size, with 2 double beds and was kept clean and tidy every day. The staff at this hotel are really lovely, very attentive and went out of their way to make sure you are ok.
Food was great, it is really worth your while eating in the Lebanese and Asian restaurants, which are included in the all inclusive. We used the spa and had a massage on four of the days, which was a real treat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends