Returned on Tuesday from a week's holiday at the Palm Royale in Soma Bay, booked with Thomas Cook. I was on holiday with my dad for a week of sun and relaxation and the Palm Royale was perfect. The hotel's private beach is idyllic and the beach bar serving all-inclusive drinks all day was especially nice.
All the staff were excellent, but Adel in Johnny's Bar in particular is absolutely fantastic, everything in the bar runs smoothly when he's around, he is very friendly and attentive and made my dad and I feel so welcome. He really does have a great rapport with the customers and is very good at his job. Thank you Adel!
Personally I found the red and white wine and the beer included in the price of the holiday were all fine. The red wine is very easy-drinking and I got through far too much of it in a week! We did go off the all-included drinks occasionally if we wanted a nightcap as international brands aren't included, but the wine is fine and so is the vodka and rum.
The food in general was great, the range of food in the buffet bar for breakfast and lunch is really impressive. My favourite thing at breakfast was the omelette station where you can get fantastic omelettes made to order. As for the hotel's other restaurants we loved the Asian restaurant and the Lebanese restaurant. The bread in the Lebanese restaurant is the best bread I have tasted in my life! Also the staff are really wonderful in there. I recommend the duck in the Asian restaurant and the sushi if you go off the all-inclusive menu. In the Lebanese, the Arabic sausage and the Shawarma beef are excellent. The Azur Bar also does decent lunchtime snacks. As you can see from my enthusiasm I ate far too much!
All over the hotel the staff were great, the beach staff bringing towels and sorting out sunbeds etc were very efficient, in particular a member of staff called Badwy.
Overall I absolutely loved the holiday and can't give it less than 5 stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The SENTIDO Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga ist just 12 km away from the SENTIDO Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Furthermore, several A la Carte-Restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada