The hotel is situated on the beach, with 3 other hotels in Soma Bay, but you won't be able to visit them because of the security guards. The guards even stop you walking along the beach into the other hotels domains.
That said, you don't need to leave the hotel unless you get bored easily.
The beach is pleasant, with a gentle slope and no stones or pebbles, but there are no interesting coral features within easy swimming range, unlike many other Red Sea hotels.
Maybe it was the time of my stay, late January/early February, but there was no waiter service on the beach, which I would have expected from a 5 star hotel. Another thing lacking on the beach were any toilets, you had to go to the main hotel building, or your room if nature called.
All the staff were very friendly, but special mention must be given to Sameh Nassry in the Cafe Stella main restaurant. After the first couple of days, when he realised we were creatures of habit and arrived for our meals at the same time each evening, he had our table already set, with the wine and water already poured.
The food in the main restaurant was excellent, probably the best I've had in any hotel, it was so good that we only visited one of the other restaurants in the resort, the Asian, which was also very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The SENTIDO Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga ist just 12 km away from the SENTIDO Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Furthermore, several A la Carte-Restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your SENTIDO Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada