“paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Royale Soma Bay

You added Palm Royale Soma Bay to your Saves list
Palm Royale Soma Bay
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Soma Bay, PO Box 348 | Safaga-Hurghada Highway, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #6 of 180 Hotels in Hurghada
Manchester, United Kingdom
“paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

kate and mr peter have just come back from paradise its called palme royale hotel soma bay.everything and everyone at this place is wonderful we have been spoilet beyond believe.they treat every single person with respect and pamper .our special thanks go to the management for getting things so right the food and cleanliness is superb.we are well travelled people and never before have we had a trouble free tummy problem.we upgraded so we could take our breakfast on the terrace overlooking the sea.we did not even have to get up from our seats to order they brought everything to us.a big thanks to nazir in terrace cafe and also sammi the waiter they both never stopped smiling.there are too many people to praise but im sure they will understand.give the palme royale a try you owe it to youselves we had three weeks and that was not enough our room cleaner was diaa a very nice young man our room 2216 had the sun all day long and was beautiful

Room Tip: ask for sunny room sunny balcony some are in the shade
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from the 30th November-14th December 2012. We usually have a villa holiday so that we can self cater, as I have a wheat/gluten intolerance due to an illness.
I had read a review from a very satisfied family who had stayed at this hotel with similar problems to myself.
I booked the holiday and then emailed the hotel advising them of my problem, and received a very nice email from Stepanka (guest relations) advising me that she had spoken to the executive chef Mr lange who would speak with us upon our arrival, and that they would do everything possible to assist me.
On arrival whilst checking in we were met by Mr laing who introduced us to the Assistant Restaurant Manager Mohamed Elsayed, and the Head Chef of the main restaurant, the chef advised me accordingly to all the meals that were suitable for me to eat.
Everytime we visited one of the a la carte restaurants Mohamed would arrive and introduce me to the chefs,who personally went through their menu with me. They all said they would cook a special meal for me if there wasn't anything on the menu that was to my liking. On a couple of occasions I went off the A/I menu because of my diet and I was not charged for it.
What wonderful service!
We enjoyed the Greek restaurant and the chef Nikko was an extremely lovely man. The musician was also very good and gave us his CD which we have played upon our return home this makes us want to be back sitting in the restaurant overlooking the lovely gardens and hearing the gentle waves of the sea.
The second week of our stay we met Mr Sherif the Restaurant |Manager who had been on leave.
On our last night we ate in the main restaurant and the table where we normally sat was reserved for a large group of Polish people. Just as we started to eat our meal all the tables in the reserved area were moved around, this was very noisy. As we left the restaurant Mr Kannon the front office Manager asked us how our meal had been, we told him we were not complaining but mentioned about the noise coming from the tables and chairs being moved around. He went off to speak to Mr Sherif. Whilst having a drink in the lovely lobby bar when Mr Kannon found us and informed us most apologetically that the request for the layout of the tables had been a last minute request from the Polish group. As a way of an apology he offered us a complimentary breakfast in the a la carte restaurant on the first floor.
We had an amazing breakfast Mr Sherif came to see us, he apologised for the noise and also asked if there was anything more that they could do to assist me with my food problem. My wife mentioned to him that she had enjoyed the deserts but most of them had contained flour so I was unable to eat any of them.
Whilst checking out Mr Kannon asked if we had been to the restaurant for our lunch, we had decided against having lunch as we had enjoyed our wonderful breakfast, he said that there was a surprise for me in the restaurant, we went in and the usual table we sat in had been reserved for us and Mr Sherif brough this awsome chocolate and fresh strawberry desert that they had made especially for me.
Where in the world would you get this sort of customer care!
As other guests have written all the staff are very friendly, courteous and willing to make your stay an enjoyable experience.
The animation team were a group of lovely young enthusiastic people and were a joy to talk with.
So thankyou Palm Royale for a wonderful holiday, we look forward to returning in May.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We came for our honey moon and it was better than the brochure. Lovely pools and beautiful beaches. 4 al a carte restaurants and the main buffet restaurant (which is excellent). The staff were very helpful and focused on customer service. My only 2 complaints would be that the Italian restaurant was too quick - 4 courses in 40 minutes - and it was only half full and we were invited to the management cocktail meeting in the main bar but consisted of no cocktails and no management that we saw (we arrived 10 minutes late)
Anyway, minor points - we had an amazing week and will definately return
Incidently the restaurant manager was so very friendly and could not do enough to ensure you were happy.
Great facilities, loads to do, clean, modern and comfortable

Room Tip: The beds are very firm but you can get a mattress topper - we found this out on our last day!!!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed for a week at the Palm Royale (Dec14th 2012) with My Mum and Daughter. I honestly can not fault it. We had an amazing week. The decor of the hotel is beautiful,the weather was lovely & warm, the food choice excellent. I was concerned I'd have little choice to eat because I'm a Raw Foodist. but the the main restaurant had an array of fresh salads and fruit so I was spoilt for choice. Our room was right above the health suite so my mother and I enjoyed a daily sauna and jacuzzi. The hotel is right on the beach - where I enjoyed my morning runs. I highly recommend it.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I returned from this hotel last Friday after enjoying one of the best Christmas weeks ever. I traveled with my son, his wife and my two granddaughters. The hotel is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen both internally and the landscaped exterior. The lobby is breathtaking, the rooms are large, very clean and with a mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities. I could not fault the staff as they are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. Also the restaurants and buffet food was very good with something to please any palate.
Hopefully we can go there again one day.

Room Tip: North facing does not get the sun and keeps cool but still has a good view.
Torun, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Palm Royale Soma Bay is a fantastic hotel. Beautifully situated. The hotel staff, even fantastic. Atmosphere even home. The property as a whole very elegacki, clean, well maintained and very modern. Arouses the greatest admiration, amusement Animators work. They are sensational, smiling, playing with wczasowiczami in water during the day. In the evening, the performances are fantastic. One drawback to a makeshift stage. Such a beautiful hotel, should have such a small amphitheater with a real event. The rest of the rooms and the food fantastic. I recommend! And I was in October 2012, I will miss this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was the most remarkable rest in Egypt because there was a remarkable hotel! excellent restaurants, the well-groomed territory, magnificent landscape from a window! cleaning of numbers every day, excellent service! ! ! SEPARATELY I WANT to TELL MANY THANKS to my FAVOURITE ANIMATORS of THIS DZHONI,KRISU,NASTE,ALBERTO,KRISTINE HOTEL! With THEM REST was EVEN BETTER! EXCELLENT EVENING PROGRAMMA,VOLLEYBOL,AKVAEROBIKA!THANKS YOU !:*

Room Tip: The central party, because there an excellent landscape on the fountain, the pool and the most impor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Palm Royale Soma Bay? Share your experiences!