“Best Holiday Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Royale Soma Bay

Save Saved
You added Palm Royale Soma Bay to your Saves list
Palm Royale Soma Bay
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Soma Bay, PO Box 348 | Safaga-Hurghada Highway, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #4 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Best Holiday Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from the 30th November-14th December 2012. We usually have a villa holiday so that we can self cater, as I have a wheat/gluten intolerance due to an illness.
I had read a review from a very satisfied family who had stayed at this hotel with similar problems to myself.
I booked the holiday and then emailed the hotel advising them of my problem, and received a very nice email from Stepanka (guest relations) advising me that she had spoken to the executive chef Mr lange who would speak with us upon our arrival, and that they would do everything possible to assist me.
On arrival whilst checking in we were met by Mr laing who introduced us to the Assistant Restaurant Manager Mohamed Elsayed, and the Head Chef of the main restaurant, the chef advised me accordingly to all the meals that were suitable for me to eat.
Everytime we visited one of the a la carte restaurants Mohamed would arrive and introduce me to the chefs,who personally went through their menu with me. They all said they would cook a special meal for me if there wasn't anything on the menu that was to my liking. On a couple of occasions I went off the A/I menu because of my diet and I was not charged for it.
What wonderful service!
We enjoyed the Greek restaurant and the chef Nikko was an extremely lovely man. The musician was also very good and gave us his CD which we have played upon our return home this makes us want to be back sitting in the restaurant overlooking the lovely gardens and hearing the gentle waves of the sea.
The second week of our stay we met Mr Sherif the Restaurant |Manager who had been on leave.
On our last night we ate in the main restaurant and the table where we normally sat was reserved for a large group of Polish people. Just as we started to eat our meal all the tables in the reserved area were moved around, this was very noisy. As we left the restaurant Mr Kannon the front office Manager asked us how our meal had been, we told him we were not complaining but mentioned about the noise coming from the tables and chairs being moved around. He went off to speak to Mr Sherif. Whilst having a drink in the lovely lobby bar when Mr Kannon found us and informed us most apologetically that the request for the layout of the tables had been a last minute request from the Polish group. As a way of an apology he offered us a complimentary breakfast in the a la carte restaurant on the first floor.
We had an amazing breakfast Mr Sherif came to see us, he apologised for the noise and also asked if there was anything more that they could do to assist me with my food problem. My wife mentioned to him that she had enjoyed the deserts but most of them had contained flour so I was unable to eat any of them.
Whilst checking out Mr Kannon asked if we had been to the restaurant for our lunch, we had decided against having lunch as we had enjoyed our wonderful breakfast, he said that there was a surprise for me in the restaurant, we went in and the usual table we sat in had been reserved for us and Mr Sherif brough this awsome chocolate and fresh strawberry desert that they had made especially for me.
Where in the world would you get this sort of customer care!
As other guests have written all the staff are very friendly, courteous and willing to make your stay an enjoyable experience.
The animation team were a group of lovely young enthusiastic people and were a joy to talk with.
So thankyou Palm Royale for a wonderful holiday, we look forward to returning in May.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

963 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We came for our honey moon and it was better than the brochure. Lovely pools and beautiful beaches. 4 al a carte restaurants and the main buffet restaurant (which is excellent). The staff were very helpful and focused on customer service. My only 2 complaints would be that the Italian restaurant was too quick - 4 courses in 40 minutes - and it was only half full and we were invited to the management cocktail meeting in the main bar but consisted of no cocktails and no management that we saw (we arrived 10 minutes late)
Anyway, minor points - we had an amazing week and will definately return
Incidently the restaurant manager was so very friendly and could not do enough to ensure you were happy.
Great facilities, loads to do, clean, modern and comfortable

Room Tip: The beds are very firm but you can get a mattress topper - we found this out on our last day!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed for a week at the Palm Royale (Dec14th 2012) with My Mum and Daughter. I honestly can not fault it. We had an amazing week. The decor of the hotel is beautiful,the weather was lovely & warm, the food choice excellent. I was concerned I'd have little choice to eat because I'm a Raw Foodist. but the the main restaurant had an array of fresh salads and fruit so I was spoilt for choice. Our room was right above the health suite so my mother and I enjoyed a daily sauna and jacuzzi. The hotel is right on the beach - where I enjoyed my morning runs. I highly recommend it.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I returned from this hotel last Friday after enjoying one of the best Christmas weeks ever. I traveled with my son, his wife and my two granddaughters. The hotel is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen both internally and the landscaped exterior. The lobby is breathtaking, the rooms are large, very clean and with a mini bar and tea/coffee making facilities. I could not fault the staff as they are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. Also the restaurants and buffet food was very good with something to please any palate.
Hopefully we can go there again one day.

Room Tip: North facing does not get the sun and keeps cool but still has a good view.
Torun, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Palm Royale Soma Bay is a fantastic hotel. Beautifully situated. The hotel staff, even fantastic. Atmosphere even home. The property as a whole very elegacki, clean, well maintained and very modern. Arouses the greatest admiration, amusement Animators work. They are sensational, smiling, playing with wczasowiczami in water during the day. In the evening, the performances are fantastic. One drawback to a makeshift stage. Such a beautiful hotel, should have such a small amphitheater with a real event. The rest of the rooms and the food fantastic. I recommend! And I was in October 2012, I will miss this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was the most remarkable rest in Egypt because there was a remarkable hotel! excellent restaurants, the well-groomed territory, magnificent landscape from a window! cleaning of numbers every day, excellent service! ! ! SEPARATELY I WANT to TELL MANY THANKS to my FAVOURITE ANIMATORS of THIS DZHONI,KRISU,NASTE,ALBERTO,KRISTINE HOTEL! With THEM REST was EVEN BETTER! EXCELLENT EVENING PROGRAMMA,VOLLEYBOL,AKVAEROBIKA!THANKS YOU !:*

Room Tip: The central party, because there an excellent landscape on the fountain, the pool and the most impor...
bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here from 14th December - 21st. on first walking in, our first impression was "wow". The lobby is beautiful, with a piano bar decked int he middle surrounded by water with fish.

I travelled here with my husband, mother and 22 month old daughter. All the staff adored my little girl and she absolutely lapped up the attenion. The staff couldn't do enough for you.

With the time of year, we only used to spa pool which was heated but we mainly took to the beach. We had no problem getting a sun bed as i think the time of year it wasn't that busy which was perfect for us really. the entertainment team were always coming round chatting and doing games on the beach. they were fantastic. The beach itself was beautiful, although you do get people mithering you the first few days for spa treatments/ boat trips. (I'm not sure if these work for the hotel or not), after a few days they give up asking.

There was also a huge selection of buckets/ spades on the beach for the children to play with.

We never stayed late to see the evening entertainment as had to get my daughter to bed, but she went to the mini disco every night which was fantastic.

The food was great, i never once had a meal where i struggled to find something i wanted and considering i was pregnant and my appetite was a bit funny, this was a big bonus for me! The waiters were fantastic, they would do anything for us and really made my daughter happy. she absolutely loved the attention and she smiled all week.

The manager came round a few times checking all was ok, asked when we were leaving and arranged for us to get a late checkout free of charge. Unfortunately as he had arranged they didn't update our key so we did get locked out before the 2pm check out time. Reception sorted out once we asked but was a bit of a pain when we were rushing to get our stuff together.

Unfortauntely for us, we've never stayed 5* before and it's going to be a challenge to find anywhere for such a good price which will match up to here.

There was never any pressure of tipping either which was great as that does put us off sometimes, they just gave great service throughout.

I will definately be recommending!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Palm Royale Soma Bay? Share your experiences!