My wife and I stayed at this hotel from the 30th November-14th December 2012. We usually have a villa holiday so that we can self cater, as I have a wheat/gluten intolerance due to an illness.
I had read a review from a very satisfied family who had stayed at this hotel with similar problems to myself.
I booked the holiday and then emailed the hotel advising them of my problem, and received a very nice email from Stepanka (guest relations) advising me that she had spoken to the executive chef Mr lange who would speak with us upon our arrival, and that they would do everything possible to assist me.
On arrival whilst checking in we were met by Mr laing who introduced us to the Assistant Restaurant Manager Mohamed Elsayed, and the Head Chef of the main restaurant, the chef advised me accordingly to all the meals that were suitable for me to eat.
Everytime we visited one of the a la carte restaurants Mohamed would arrive and introduce me to the chefs,who personally went through their menu with me. They all said they would cook a special meal for me if there wasn't anything on the menu that was to my liking. On a couple of occasions I went off the A/I menu because of my diet and I was not charged for it.
What wonderful service!
We enjoyed the Greek restaurant and the chef Nikko was an extremely lovely man. The musician was also very good and gave us his CD which we have played upon our return home this makes us want to be back sitting in the restaurant overlooking the lovely gardens and hearing the gentle waves of the sea.
The second week of our stay we met Mr Sherif the Restaurant |Manager who had been on leave.
On our last night we ate in the main restaurant and the table where we normally sat was reserved for a large group of Polish people. Just as we started to eat our meal all the tables in the reserved area were moved around, this was very noisy. As we left the restaurant Mr Kannon the front office Manager asked us how our meal had been, we told him we were not complaining but mentioned about the noise coming from the tables and chairs being moved around. He went off to speak to Mr Sherif. Whilst having a drink in the lovely lobby bar when Mr Kannon found us and informed us most apologetically that the request for the layout of the tables had been a last minute request from the Polish group. As a way of an apology he offered us a complimentary breakfast in the a la carte restaurant on the first floor.
We had an amazing breakfast Mr Sherif came to see us, he apologised for the noise and also asked if there was anything more that they could do to assist me with my food problem. My wife mentioned to him that she had enjoyed the deserts but most of them had contained flour so I was unable to eat any of them.
Whilst checking out Mr Kannon asked if we had been to the restaurant for our lunch, we had decided against having lunch as we had enjoyed our wonderful breakfast, he said that there was a surprise for me in the restaurant, we went in and the usual table we sat in had been reserved for us and Mr Sherif brough this awsome chocolate and fresh strawberry desert that they had made especially for me.
Where in the world would you get this sort of customer care!
As other guests have written all the staff are very friendly, courteous and willing to make your stay an enjoyable experience.
The animation team were a group of lovely young enthusiastic people and were a joy to talk with.
So thankyou Palm Royale for a wonderful holiday, we look forward to returning in May.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Directly located at the 1.2 km long private sand beach in Egypt is the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Here you can relax and enjoy the perfect holiday with your family and friends. The two bays offer a perfect atmosphere for privacy and enjoying the weather. The SENTIDO Palm Royale is just 45 km away from the airport of Hurghada and 50 km to the city center of Hurghada. Moreover, the city Safaga ist just 12 km away from the SENTIDO Palm Royale. You have got the possibility to use the free WIFI from the hotel. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale offers a kids club, Babysitting, a playground for children, a gym and four tennis courts. The meals are served in form of a buffet with fresh cuisine in the SENTIDO Palm Royale. Furthermore, several A la Carte-Restaurants offer a huge variety of fresh meals. Many sport activities are offered during your holidays. You have the possibility to play beach volleyball, water ball, use the gym and many other water sports activities. Furthermore, the SENTIDO Palm Royale has got a spa area to relax and enjoy the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Palm Royale Soma Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Royale Soma Bay Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Abu Soma Hotel
- Intercontinental Hurghada