Recently returned from a one week stay at the Sunrise Garden Beach. The weather was on average 30 degrees every day with a welcoming cool breeze, however quite chilly on some nights so would advise to take something to cover up if needs be.
Our room was clean and spacious, huge bathroom, mini bar with soft drinks, tea coffee making facilities and balcony overlooking the quiet pool. We used this pool most days, unheated but nice and peaceful. The main pool is heated, with slides, music and activities if you wish. Beach Towels are provided for you so no need to take your own, simply exchange your card for fresh towels every day, you can also obtain a red flag if you wish, to place on your sunbed which means that you don't want to be disturbed by the sales people,we never felt the need to use it, but thought is was a good idea if you wanted to be left alone.
Have to say that the pools, gardens and grounds in both hotels were immaculate.
Now for the food..... The main buffet restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is plenty of choice, the food is Ok, but it is very noisy and gets very busy, Elbows out, good luck!!
Snacks are available at the pool bar through the day if you prefer, fresh pizza, fries, salad, ice cream, you certainly won't go hungry.
Try and book the a la carte restaurants if you can for evening meal, a much nicer experience, four in total, Mexican, Oriental, Asian and Italian. We ate at all of them, all very nice, Mexican exceptional we thought. Worth mentioning that the wine by the bottle offered Isn't part of AI package. Now you have to be quick to book these restaurants as they are very popular and tables can only be reserved 24 hours in advance. This is done by a touch screen service in reception, which people queue to use in the morning. However you can book from midnight if you happen to be around ;)
Another restaurant worth a visit nearby is the Felucca seafood restaurant,
It is at the end of a small pier belonging to the Crystal Bay Hotel, when you make your booking they arrange for a boat to come and collect you from the jetty of the hotel, really nice touch and something a little bit different. Food is really nice and at a reasonable price and when you are finished the boat drops you back off, all lit up in blue fairy lights, like I said really nice :)
We booked a boat trip with aqua waves based at the hotel, I have to say this was the highlight of our holiday, 3 snorkelling stops and a visit to Paradise island for sun bathing. This is the first time I have ever snorkelled, I was completely out of my comfort zone and have to say, the attire is not the most flattering haha but I was put completely at ease and loved every minute. It's a whole new world, the multi coloured fish and coral are breathtaking,absolutely amazing, Do it, you won't be disappointed.
Had a fab holiday, no complaints really, ideal for a winter get away. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This elegant 5 star (local category) "All Inclusive" Resort is perfectly located in an extensive garden landscape. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea.Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunrise Select Garden Beach Hotel Hurghada