“Oh my goodness!!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |   20 Km Safaga Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #22 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
“Oh my goodness!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

I LOVED this place if I died this would be my heaven!!
The attention to detail was amazing the only fault with the hotel we saw was cracked tiles on the floor the next day the whole floor was replaced!

The food was something to get used to a lot of Russian and German foods but I enjoyed as did my partner who is a typical Norfolk boy and isn't very adventurous. If you book tables you can eat al la cate every night Italian was naff but the rest I can't rate highly enough the made foods that wernt on the menu to make me happy

I used the dive school a lot passed a. Qualification in open water diving and my partner did the advanced. The school could not have been better doing the dives we chose going where we decided really let us get into the experience of this was our trip so helpful!!!!!!! we had decided to do these before we left so I had done paperwork b4 the holiday or that could have been a wasted day

I was 22 when I went (now 23) English female and I felt safe and happy with all the staff all holiday I really don't understand the comments about the staff all amazing and friendly

We did a tour of vally of the kings and a few Tempals and there were amazing though nothing to do with the hotel I was done with being called Hannah montanna and being asked to buy all the normal market rubbish

Also a small note yes the hotel was very eastern european I think you'll find as me and my partner did Egyptians love the English we got free tours on our dessert adventour at no extra cost, other people were made to wait as english webt first (the eygptians could say our names sonwe were called english) and were genuinely treated as you would expect as celebs!!

My only advice would be ask for a red flag by the pool because they do canves there

I really hope this helps people deciding because I did love it and with the price we paid I would go back 2/3 times a year

• Stayed February 2012
gardenbeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It was a pleasure for us to greet you in SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa. We are happy that you enjoyed your vacations and we do hope you will come to us in nearest future to your second home in Egypt.
All our team is ready to organize for you unforgettable holidays.

659 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I was in this hotel in July 2012 with my boyfriend and we was very satisfied with room, food, beach, location and service at restaurant. For enjoyable stay at restaurant we are very grateful Mr Amr Abdallh who was very serviceable and nice. We send greetings to him and hope we will see again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
gardenbeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive words. We are happy that you spent you vacations with SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa. You and your family are always welcome in our resort as it's your second home in Egypt.

Hotel Manager
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

found the rooms and hotel clean and all the staff excluding the reception staff who prefer to text on their mobiles instead of dealing with issues the place was great. Michael and Shaban are two top guys. Beach was clean and the beach bar was well stocked and busy. the Italian was busy and we never managed to book it, but the Mexican and the Asian were great. power cuts were a major issue and on various occasions had no A/C and no water in the room. only down side was the east Europeans who think they own the place. seen some of their reviews and can't understand who on earth they can review it when most of them were drunk 75% of the time. other then that it's a well worth a stay.
Other half did getting a upset stomach on the last day, i put it down to the condition of the pools as they don't seem to clean it correctly or dose it to the correct levels.
the majority of kids and families that were in the hotel seem to enjoy their stay. only other thing that did get to me is the amount of brits who are well seasoned travellers, but still complain about the slightest thing and must have spent their whole holiday complying lists LOL
dodge the shops over the road from the hotel, the locals seem to think we are their to buy everything. what they don't realise is if they left to browse with out following you around they would get more custom.
we are a middle aged couple and loved it, i reviewed the comments first before booking and took them all with a pinch of salt.
hope you enjoy your stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment.
Kindly be informed that power cuts were not influence on our systems as we have emergency generator which is provides all needed energy for rooms and public areas.
For the reservation of Italian restaurant it's recomended to book in advance as system opens 3 days in advance. But anyway you can always contact with Guest Service Center and we will do all our best to achieve your wishes.
I would like to thank you for your review as it gives us chance to improve ourselves and we do hope that you can come to visit SUNRISE Select Garden Beach REsort & Spa one more time.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The most beautiful hotel i've ever stayed at, the gardens are well kept, the pool area is clean and there's plenty of sunbeds for everyone.
The pool bar staff are very attentive, refilling drinks once yours had gone warm and had a wicked sense of humour.

Stayed in block 3 which was a nice 2 minute walk to the main restaurant, thirty seconds from the Italian and thirty seconds to the beach, so close enough to everywhere but far enough away from the entertainment to have a quiet night.
Beach was nice, lovely water. A few people complained about the jellyfish but we didn't see one and apparently the ones that were there don't sting? Nice little jetty aswell.

Choice of food here is brilliant for an all inclusive, the main restaurant is good but what makes it really special is the a la carte ones; Mexican (our favourite- in the sister hotel but you can use the facilities there and all the staff in the El Paso are lovely Hamada, ElNoby, Kamail, Mahmoud and Ahmed), Italian which was nice for lunch and done good pizza and pasta, Asian- a nice chinese/thai restaurant which was lovely and the Oriental which was Egyptian food but we didn't get a chance to try it!
Breakfast was good too, a good choice of croissants and pastries, toast, jams, fruit, and then the live cooking stations doing pancakes, omelets, and fried eggs.
Lunch, you have the choice of the main restaurant, the italian, the beach bar and the pool bar-(which prepares and cooks pizza in front of you)

Our room was huge, had a lovely queen size bed with big fluffy pillows and a big duvet. The air con was perfect and we set it to a chilly 16 degrees every day. Minibar was stocked every day and was free. Lovely marble bathroom, shower was always working and clean. Our towels got changed every day and we had some lovely towel art too.

The building is lovely and clean, very grand. A pianist plays in the evenings there, and there's a nice bar in the lobby (WITH OUR FAVOURITE MEMBER OF STAFF! AHMED THE BARMAN!- who went out of his way to talk to us every day and made sure everything was fine with us.) and another bar/pub just off the lobby where the football etc was on.
Another member of staff that has to be mentioned is Eltayeb, a waiter in the main restaurant who has filled our glasses before we'd finished, remembered our favourite drinks was really lovely.
All the staff do bend over backwards to make sure you have the best time possible, especially when they know you are English. We felt like royalty for the 11 nights we stayed there.

Some of the shop keepers can be pushy, but we went in every shop, didn't buy anything was just to get information and they stopped.
Don't buy perfume in the hotel though, across the road is a perfume shop "Secrets of the Desert" and its alot cheaper and he is willing to do deals if you buy more than one.

The only problem we had was that the guests were 80% Russians who were SO rude! But it's not the hotels fault, and you'll encounter rude people every where.
We did have "Pharaoh's Revenge" throughout but it's something you know you have a possibility of getting anywhere you go in Egypt and across the road from the hotel is a little pharmacy that gave us some medicine alot cheaper than the hotel doctor and it sorted us the very next day.

Trips that we went on were, with Thomas Cook:
-Desert quad biking
Was a good trip and the quads were fun on the way out there, was nice to see the little rural villages and go on a camel but on the way back the sand flying about and in your eyes was uncomfortable and I came back with blisters on my fingers, cramp in my hand for the next day and pulled muscles in my forearms. Probably give it a 7/10. Only a 5 minute coach to the place too.
-Jungle Aqua Park
Was a nice day out and good that it included food and drinks (this is only for an hour though so beware of that and take your own drinks). lots of slides that were really good, only problem was the lack of seats under shade at lunch time and it was necessary to get this as it was 45 degrees celcius this day we went, and you couldn't be up and climbing steps in that heat all day so by 2 we wanted to go back to the hotel. Also you will burn your feet, the floor is so hot.
- Mahmya island/boat trip
This was my favourite day of the whole holiday, the island is beautiful and lunch is included. You get a chance to swim and snorkel around the beach where there are loads of fish and the water is crystal clear and then you are taken to the coral reefs just off the island for more snorkeling and I must say it's the best i've ever done, saw some gorgeous fish and they are so brave they just come up to you. Also saw Mantra Rays which was amazing.
There's also a mall a 10 minute walk across the road to get some shopping or a McDonalds! (They do double bigmacs 4 burgers in one!and double quarter pounders and the deliver to the hotel! hahah!)

Small tips (5-10 Egyption pounds which is like 50p-£1) go far here as they get paid pennys for the long hard shifts they do.

Will be willing to answer any questions if you want to email me at : paiget123@live.com

Room Tip: I would say ask for one near the quiet pool (the one with the pool bar and nearer to the beach than...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
gardenbeachresort, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your so detailed review. We are happy that you spent nice vacations with SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa. All our team is ready to welcome you again in any time in our resort as SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa is your second home in Egypt.

Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Dirty restaurant, waiters sometimes helpful - sometimes not, food and drinks from terrible to reasonable- but never great. Definetely not a place for families with small children; restaurants open late, and where our kids where falling asleep. Not possible to do take out from the a la carte restaurants, even after contacting guest services who let me speak with the F&B manager. Not so nice to have dinner at the snackbar that closes at 17, and then take turns eating later at night. A couple of times there were food that had gone bad at the buffet. Seems that the staff have little knowledge and skills on food. For example keeping french fries and pies warm under a steam bath only makes them soggy. Coming alone with 3 small children, 6 waiters watching while I put together 2 tables, arranging high chairs and forks. knifes and glasses. Every day! If I was directly asking for assitance they would do the very minimum (fetching the chair, but not helping lifting the table). And, only slightly better if I tipped them. And, I tipped them well, with very little change. No heated childrens pool in April. Rooms, other pools ok, but the servicepersonell at the pool bars where agressive. Every 10 mnutes a salesperson wanted to sell cruises and safaries. Not horrible, but definetely not to be reccommended, especially with kids.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. It gives us opportunity to improve ourselves to provide better service for our guests.
We are sorry that we couldn't get your comments during your vacation and solve it on spot.
Let me please clarify some comments:
1. Restaurant working hours in the evening is from 18:30 till 22:00 and snack bar finish to serve snacks at 17:00 therefore it's 1.5 hour break for food.
2. On daily basis restaurants,bars as well the rest public areas are cleaned by our housekeeping department.
3. Reservation to a la carte restaurants is arranged through the reservation screen in advance and probably the restaurants for requested date were overbooked.
4. F&B Manager has been informed about your comments regarding service and he already organized additional trainings for the staff to improve quality of service for our valuable guests.
5. The heated pool is Aqua pool with slides where kids slides and kids depth are available.
6. Menu in the Main restaurant has been revised from April and upgraded.

We do hope that you can come to us next time and please contact with hotel management regarding any comments that we can solve it on spot and to make your holidays relax and comfortable.

Glastonbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

super holiday from the moment we got of the coach the staff could not do enough for us starting with bell captins hossam and mohammed who became more like familey than friends the reception staff where just as helpfull .The cleaner in our block 3 was a fantastic person who never stopped smiling.We would recomend the italian restaurant with brilliant staff from the manager hossam to varek ali bassem ahmed mohamed to new boy islam.Overall a holiday of a lifetime

Room Tip: ask for block 3 you will get the best cleaner the little mohamed who never stops smiling
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you spent your holidays with SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa. We do hope to welcome you again in our resort and make your next stay more enjoyable and comfortable.

suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

After 4 hour limo transfer across Sahara from Nile to Hurghada, We went to reception & were told to go have dinner, then had to wait in reception ''to be called'' to be allocated room!! Well...what a surprise....in the restaurant....soooooo many people milling about, chlidren every where...after the fine dining on the Alahambra (Nile Cruise) this took us back and at first I thought ''what have we let ourselves into''.....actually...we mellowed into the surroundings after a few days, got into the routine and found it was not so bad after all.
Room was ok, of good size, a bit tired but adequate. Glad we took extra hangers. safe & fridge in room very handy.
Hotel was lovely, staff, in the main, very friendly, pool bar staff had an attitude!!
I had one problem..... liking a glass of Red wine occasionally, only to be served something that resembled rasberry juice!! definitely watered down,,,and often not available..all gone!! I raised this with our rep, who reported it to reception..within minutes both the assistant manager & the catering manager came over, apologised most profusely, promised to rectifiy the problem, such that we had a bottle of wine & fruit in our room and we never had a problem at any of the bars again. In fact both managers took time to enquire on several occasions if all was ok. sorry..rant over...
The resort is very close to beach, set in lovely, well kept grounds. We spent several evenings dining in the Al la carte restaurants, much nicer, especially the Asian, by far the best, as it was our 35th wedding anniversary, we were spoilt, even had a cake and they sung happy birthday to us :D
Part of the AI package was a Scuba diving lesson in the pool, we have had this option before but never bothered to take it up, this time we did, it went so well we booked to diving the very next day. Arrived at 8.30am got scuba gear, walked to boat and off we went. Arrived at coral reef and got ready. It was absolutely amazing..we have snorkelled at Sharm before but this was a very different experience, all recorded on dvd too, which we have bought. Will definitely be diving again.
We occasionally walked across from the hotel to the shopping mall, out of hotel to main road, went right a bit further up and round the back of shops opposite.One evening, we bartered with hotel taxi man and got taxi to marina which was a plesant evening out.
Wonderful holiday, one of the best.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. Your opinion is very important for us as gives us opportunity to improve ourselves. We are very happy that you choose SUNRISE Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa for celebration your wedding anniversary and we do hope it will become good tradition to come to us to celebrate it regular. You and your family is always welcome in our resort and all our team is ready to make your next stay memorable for years.

Hotel Management

Been to Sunrise Select Garden Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!