Great = pools, local food, use of Aqu Blue hotel (better pools inc wavemachine, snacks - Pizza is yummy, meals and service)
Ok = beach and coral
1)The 'pool view' extra is not a pool view even after complaining, packing up again and moving. When being moved I over heard another person complaining about the same thing.
2) plumbing (both rooms had repeated problems. The whole place is smelly in the evening from 'gray' water used for 'firtilizing' the gardens. Fixings in bathroom broken.
3) Organisation on arrival is a 'bun fight'. Just what you need with kids when you are arriving at 10 at night. unclear if we would be able to get food as the restaurant was closed.
4) Deadly road needs to be crossed to get, eventually, to the beach, where there is no chance of getting a sunbed. (This was high season).
5) You need to get up at 7am (which equates to 5am UK time) to get a set of 4 sun loungers together.
6) Your kids will only go to the kids activities if they understand German in other words it might as well not be there. Same for the 'entertainment'.
7) There is a Hotel and Institute management college as part of this hotel - I can only assume they use the trainees. Some were lovely and great with the kids and some completely surly. You have to play hunt down a spoon each morning.
8) Diet coke is rarely available, coke runs out and I ended up drinking soda from the machine. Bar snack is last night's uneaten meat in a roll.
9) Being asked each day several time why I did not want to do scoober, then safari, then massage, then shopping trip, then submarine trip. I want to relax not suffer pressure selling.
10) The pools need maintenance. There are cracks and lumps in the liners, the in lets are cracked or missing and the 'slope' entrance has the ablity to graise kids feet. The waterslides are for 10 years plus. We went down twice - first time fine second time the person in front got stuck. this then caused a pile up which resulted in us getting rammed in the back by people behind us and about 8 of us comming out the end in a painful plunge. No one hurt but so.meone could have been. No one was messing about, all had left reasonable time gaps but there was no way of knowing of the blockage. So don't go if you want the slides or the beach or the ent or the kids club.
11) TV is very fuzzy and very limited. one channel is An american kids' sunday school while the other is all about near death accidents. Fab for keeping the kids happy -NOT.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Albatros Resort Hotel Hurghada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albatros Hotel Hurghada
- Hurghada Albatros Hotel