“Nice hotel in resort town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Safir Hotel Hurghada

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
Safir Hotel Hurghada
You added Safir Hotel Hurghada to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.O. Box 76 Hurghada Red Sea, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #119 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Sydney
“Nice hotel in resort town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here as part of a tour and was pleasantly suprised.
Hotel was clean but the rooms were a little dated. Not sure where the mosquites were coming from (possibly the air conditioning) but my friends two rooms had them as well. Room and bed was comfortable and the private beach and pool was very nice.
Buffet dinner and breakfast was good but was not so nice that smoking was still allowed in the restaurant. Everyone smokes in Egypt but in a resort town catering to international visitors you would think non-smoking restaurant would be easy to enforce. Non-smoking tables were 2 metres away from the smoking ones so made no difference where you sat.
Staff were friendly and the beach towel service was really good, but could take time to get service for drinks in the restaurant, whether is was coffee for breakfast or evening drinks.
A fair way from downtown but there were plently of taxis going by to get you there. More restaurants only a few minutes walk up the road. Overall a good stay and the diving on the Red Sea is a must. Not sure on value for money as all included in the tour price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The following points summarise our stay at the Safir Hotel:

In bath shower. Grout in bathroom was dirty.
No complimentary toiletries apart from soap (but this is not unusual in Egypt).
Table linen at one of our breakfasts was soiled – prior guests had spilt coffee/tea and the linen was not replaced for our meal.
Range of food at breakfast was acceptable.
Overall, accommodation was ok - we were on the ground floor and had a very short walk to the private beach.
Overall, staff were helpful.
Fee for wi-fi.
Watch out for the taxi drivers in Hurghada – they will rip you off if given the opportunity and we were not dropped off at the correct location by another. (This is not the fault of the hotel but a warning for travellers to the area)

Room Tip: Would recommend the ground floor room so you can just walk out your door to the pool or to the beach...
Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chard, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Everything you need here. Friendly staff, nice beach, food, mostly the same, but edible unlike bigger hotels. Functional, clean rooms, nothing too much trouble for the staff (you only have to ask). Quiet hotel, no entertainment, good for chilling out.

Room Tip: Room in main hotel building not across the busy road in the garden annex. All rooms very similar, e...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I'm not hard to please, especially when it comes to hotels as I typically don't plan to spend a lot of time there. I worked through a travel agency that had me at this hotel and then upgraded me. The upgraded hotel had worse TA reviews so I asked to be put back with Safir. This was a hugely disappointing part of my trip. It's also the first time I've really felt mislead by TA reviews, but it is what it is and everything worked out in the end.

The room was really outdated. It had an older style door which means that you can hear anything in the hallway (and probably vice versa). The bathroom was dirty and the shower was old. We were provided one bottle of shampoo and would have preferred to not get any at all. The bottle looked like it was several years old and had shampoo caked all over it. Just a bad impression.

We were on the second floor and I was appalled to find that the door to the terrace has no lock. Yes, it's the second floor, but still. There was a security box available in the front of the hotel for no charge so we had to put everything in there each time we left the room.

The food was terrible. We were starved and so ordered something from Jimmy's bar. Sam at the bar was super nice but the food was just bland and there were few options. We didn't eat in the restaurant upstairs. The buffet didn't look great and it was 160LE total -- you can get better for less if you just walk downtown.

Yes, all the stores were closed. This place was a ghost town. I know the whole city/country is hurting though so somewhat understandable but it felt like the effort just wasn't put into things for those of us that were there.

The pool area and beach looked nice but didn't spend much time there. It's about a 20 minute walk to downtown which is where we spent most of our time.

And as someone else said, it's 40LE for 30 minutes of wi-fi.

I'm not hard to please but I would stay in a different hotel the next time I'm in Hurghada.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room in the main hotel area (not the annex) and if you want a locking terrace...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

looks like a building site from outside but the work looks like it as long stopped so no noise make sure you don't get a garden view room its across the road which is very busy we paid extra £30 to move through the rep lots more through hotel.
the pool view rooms are great with a big pool and loads of sun beds i think this was designed to allow for the other part of the hotel yet to be finished .
the hotel as a great private beach which is right be the pool perfect
only had b & b but you can get anywhere for 200 egypt pounds £ 2.40 at the harbour a meal and drinks for two for under £20

Room Tip: higher up the better
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Stevenage, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

It has been my custom over the last few years that whenever I visit my apartment in Hurghada, I book two or three days in an all inclusive hotel so that I can have some entertainment, talk to people and have some reasonable food and drink. Sadly the SAFIR Hotel failed to meet the lowest of my expectations. - Three room rates were shown on the internet; sea view, garden view and annex. I booked through Travel Republic who had two rates, the sea view being £1.50 per night dearer than the garden view. I assumed at this that the garden view would be one of the ground floor rooms near the main building… I was wrong! I was taken across the road to room 402 in the annex even having protested that I did not wish to go in the annex. Reception stated all garden view are annex – hard luck if you have a ground floor room near the main building and expect to see the sea! To change rooms to the main building would incur a charge of $25 per night. So I reluctantly accepted room 402, ground floor annex… but then my bed was only 15metres from a main, noisy road with coaches and taxis all through the night (with the obligatory horn sounding) result was little sleep. - The morning saw me cross the road for an adequate yet uninspired breakfast. Then to the unpopulated beach area, which was quite nicely presented. The sea was to cool for me but had my children been with me they would have been to the boomed rope in a few strokes and disappointed. Lunch was at the pool bar, the advertised buffet in the restaurant did not exist, all on offer was a meat/onion fry with fries and salad. Afternoon tea with cakes and cookies was a flask of tea/coffee (no milk) and one single piece of marbled cake! Dinner buffet in the “Shades of Blue” restaurant was a few “bain marie” with meat dish, fried fish, mixed veg, rice and potatoes with salad and soup – completely lacking any inspiration in display or presentation. However, the fish was quite eatable.
Drinks from the poolside bar were served in 200ml white plastic cups (school days!) and in the Jimmy’s Bar the largest glass was a 200ml highball – so a long, cool Sakara Beer was impossible…
The first floor “Piano Bar” was not open, neither was the “Rendezvous Bar” and Disco. The Fish Restaurant was closed as were the three retail outlets of the six units in the arcade (three empty). - There was no entertainment at all – sorry, a TV in Jimmy’s Bar with an unintelligible music channel blaring out, and few people to speak to!
It appeared that there were no more than 20 rooms occupied in the main block of perhaps 200 rooms. The management were not of a mind to relocate me, so I had no choice but to forfeit my room for the second night and return to my quiet apartment. The shame is it could be a good hotel but it is sadly failing – would I recommend this to anybody? Not before any of the 150 or so other hotels in and around Hurghada.

Room Tip: Forget it...... but if you persist, make sure it is a "Sea View"
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Cairns
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in February.
First impressions was the lobby to
the hotel looks really nice and had a great view over the pool and private beach.
Rooms were very outdated, but sheets were clean. But we were travelling with three other couples and two said that their sheets did not looked changed from the last visit.
Buffet was good - had travelled around Egypt the last eight days eating buffet and this was the best I had had.
The pool looked inviting, but was too windy, so didn't test. Sun lounges were protected from the wind, so nice to sit there.
Located in a good spot - only 25 min walk to the city
One thing that annoyed me was the price of WiFi. £40LE for half an hour and you spent half the time trying to connect and load the page you needed. Tip: it works perfectly in the restaurant!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Safir Hotel Hurghada? Share your experiences!