“Excellent value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Siva Grand Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
Siva Grand Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   The Corniche | 8km to Downtown Hurghada, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #31 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Essex
“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the Siva Grand Beach Hotel from 22nd - 29th October 2013. Weather was about 32 degrees every day but at this time of year the sun sets early (5pmish). There was always a nice breeze though so felt comfortable. The sea and pool felt cold when first getting gin but felt beautiful once in. I booked with Red Sea Holidays who were very well organised. I was a little apprehensive about going to Egypt due to the troubles but have to say I felt just as safe within the hotel as when I've been to Egypt in previous years. I don't particularly like the hassling you get from shops etc when outside so stayed within the hotel apart from going to the bank and chemist.
Trip
We went on a glass bottom boat and snorkelling trip after being approached by a guy on the beach. We were picked up from the beach by speed boat and taken to next beach to get the bigger boat. I wouldn't recommend this however as boat was VERY old and rocked about a lot. They took us to a deep water coral reef where unfortunately the water was a bit too choppy so made the snorkelling more difficult and was certainly not suitable for the children on board! People were very friendly though and on the way back gave a couple of the guys on board a free ride on the inflatables because we had to wait for the speed boat to be fixed.
If I went again I would look around (maybe the marina) and pick a boat I'd seen first!
Hotel
I thought the hotel was good. The staff worked very hard and kept all areas clean and tidy. Yes there were a few areas that maybe needed updating but for the money we paid (£400 each for one week all inclusive) I really couldn't fault it. I found all staff to be helpful and we only tipped the staff that served us and not on every occasion just a pound or two here and there.
I would like to say that Ahmed kept our room spotless (room 255) and always supplied clean towels and fresh bottles of water. I could have done with him at home....was quite a shock when I had to make my own bed!
Room (255)
Our room was good. The bed was extremely comfortable. I did report that the water took a while to drain away in the sink and that I had trouble getting the plug out in the bath. I also had one night where I was kept awake by the cleaners changing the rooms next to us as it seems all the other rooms around us had booked out on the Saturday night. I heard banging and crashing from 1-4am! I'm not a good sleeper though and my friend slept through the lot! All other nights were quiet. We had sun on our balcony in the morning but not in the evening. If I went again I would request a balcony on the right hand side of the hotel and higher up. These got sun late afternoon and a lovely view of the sunset.
I'm a vegetarian so can only comment on that. There was always something I could eat from the buffet restaurants. I did find a few of the dishes very salty but I certainly didn't starve. My friend who eats meat seemed to enjoy her meals. I did prefer eating at the outside pizza place (you could book this from the pool bar). I had both the pizza and the stir fry egg noodles with vegetables and both were excellent. Salad was good too. There was different food available at different times of day. Waffles and pancakes in the afternoon. Pizza from 3.30-5pm or burgers/hot dogs and chips from 12.30 -3.30pm. You really could have anything you fancied.
Breakfast was excellent with hot or cold available.
Beach/Pool
We tended to spend most of our time at the beach as we loved snorkelling. There was lots of different fish especially around the pier. I know I'd seen more different fish when in Sharm as there was more coral but I liked the sandy shallow beach. Pool area was also large and clean and we could always get a sun bed no matter what time of day we went. This may have been because the hotel didn't seem full. (A thank you to Ahmed at the Pool bar for good service and helping make pizza reservations).
Entertainment
Entertainment wasn't brilliant but there were a few good acts. I was impressed with the Egyptian spinning dancer. I like to see traditional things from the country I'm visiting. They also had belly dancers, magician, karaoke, singers and acrobats.

All in all I think this hotel offers good accommodation, helpful staff, excellent pool (with swim up bar) and a beautiful clear safe sea to swim in. I would recommend to families and those who want a relaxing week in the sun.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

922 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
grimsby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Twas our 4th stay at siva and nothing has changed from the 1st time we were their.same decor same food all the same.would of been nice to have a different choice of food but it was all bland and the same thing day in day out each visit so this time we ate breakfast in hotel and ate out side the rest of the time..and wow use trip advisor to find places to eat..bulls..miby dicks...gad all great food and sooo cheap.hotel needs tidying by paint touch ups and rooms updating as looking tired..al..pool area clean terrace area clean..beach clean...cant fault it along side the service you get from the friendly hard working staff..you can tell the odd one is being nice for tips...but in general super friendly staff.we met a few regular waiters from past visits even took 2 of them out for a meal after work.all in all....lovely grounds and staff if your looking for a beach lazy holiday wer ur treat like part of the family then go for it.im sure we will go back again.

• Stayed October 2013
Essex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I returned from our well deserved week of relaxing on the 19th October. We have never stayed at a hotel for 7 days before (as we usually travel around) and thought we would hate it and be bored. How wrong we were! All the staff were very helpful, the hotel itself was spotless, the beach a dream and the choice of food was much more than I expected. The service throughout the hotel and on the beach too was very impressive. We didn't have to help ourselves to many drinks, as they kept appearing from waiters, but thought that self-service water, wine, lager, soft drinks, tea/coffee etc was a good idea! And, contrary to what we usually do, we did not tip anyone until the last day and noticed no difference in service from places where we tip constantly. As we went out of season we did not expect entertainment to be great, although there was always something in the evening to watch. If I have to be really picky about the whole holiday I could note two things which we weren't entirely happy about. Firstly, the bathroom was quite dirty upon arrival. As we had been upgraded to a junior suite I didn't make any comment about this and just cleaned it myself before using. (although really it needed refurbishing rather than cleaning) Secondly, we paid extra to be included in an Egyptian themed night which didn't actually offer anything different than the all inclusive menu and evening entertainment by the pool. Other than those two very minor points we both had a really enjoyable week and certainly would consider visiting again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great hotel and facilities but its the friendly and attentive staff that make all the difference! Had a fabulous dinner at the Oasis restaurant, great and friendly service from Messrs Hazem El Sayed, Sayed Yousside, Owand Ibrahim and Mr Ridder!

Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gyor, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been in Siva in October 2013 and it was one of my best holidays.
Everything was sooo good, the beach, the food, the service, I am very very satisfied. The location (Mamsha) is nice.
Our room was in the bungalow on the floor, the bed is very big and comfortable.
We didn't use the airconditioner, just one time, but it was a little noisy.
The food is varied and very-very delicious, for lunch was indian and chinese food, european and arabic food.
I had just one little problem, the beach is not suitable for snorkeling, there are only a few fish around the pier, but the beach is wonderful!
Special thanks for wonderful room!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Greater Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Firstly, apologies for the late review. Wrote the original as soon as we returned in January 2013 but "lost" it when trying to submit. Had a wonderful time from the start. Unfortunately, can't recall everything I wrote then. However, Red Sea Holidays were excellent. Plenty of reps in the airport and a very knowledgable rep in the hotel.
The hotel is right on the edge of a long, sandy private beach with a sand bar that runs quite a way out and creates a lagoon which is full of interesting marine life - living coral, anenome fish, sea anenomes, long spined sea urchins and exotic shells complete with occupants. Recommend a trip on one of the glass bottomed subs to see more. The lagoon is sheltered so very safe for swimming / snorkelling.
Food was generally very good, bearing in mind the amount they have to produce. We ate in the main restaurant in the evenings (c/o Mr. Shariff). Booked for the "Asian Evening" one night, nothing exceptional. Sadly, the experience was marred by an extremely drunk "lady" from Essex who insisted we were sitting at her table. Plenty of choice for meals during the day. We spent every day on the beach so we were very happy with the beach bar that served griddled vegetables, although my husband sneaked off for pizza and waffles a couple of times.
The public areas were amazing - spacious, comfortable and always very clean. We had booked a junior suite. Some people were upgraded to these on arrival - don't know why, we paid extra but worth it. Grounds are extensive with well tended gardens with a very large swimming pool.
Overall, a great holiday and definitely value for money. Would be very happy to return.

Room Tip: Junior suites are in the main building with sea views. Other rooms were mainly in the extensive gard...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

First i would like to say a big thank you to Siva, i would every one to know there is no trouble or problems in Hurghada and it is very safe there.First i would like to say i work in hotel and catering The hotel and management are so helpful they make you feel very welcome. We would like to say a very big and special thank you to the staff from Le Terrace Bar NADER, ISMEL, RADIR and AZEE, the service from these guys was amazing they can,t do enough for you, AWAD IBRAHIM from the beach and oasis restaurant a very big thank you, we are going back in feb 2014 for our fourth visit, the hotel is very clean, they cater for every one, my family are coming with us next time so that should say it all, the staff made our holiday, so guys we will see you soon

Room Tip: rooms that start with 101
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Siva Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!