“For what we paid "amazing"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Siva Grand Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
Siva Grand Beach Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   The Corniche | 8km to Downtown Hurghada, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #32 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
“For what we paid "amazing"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We arrived at about 5.30 in the evening, check in was quick and our room was amazing, large and clean (122) the man that cleaned our room could not do enough for us, he was great ( sorry can't remember his name, but it began with B) pool staff were great, kept us well watered all day, bar staff great and restaurant staff were quick to clean tables and very helpful, we asked for drinks on the first night and then after that they were there as soon as we sat to eat . Saying that though, the food was never hot, just warm.Our only downfall was the taxi's......we did everything the rep advised us to do, but it is unbelievable what these drivers will do to get an extra £. I was traveling with my friend and was scared stiff, so anyone on their own I would not advise you to go alone in them, but on a good note the taxi we came home in was brilliant he said a price, we agreed and he brought us straight back, no detours!!!! All in all it was an brilliant holiday and I would definately go back just one tip, if you want a bed on the beach go early about 6ish.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room (122) and we did not find it noisy faced onto the gardens and bar.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

1,014 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Polish first
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked this hotel for 5 adults traveling on a family holiday and this is an honest review.
On arrival at the airport we were met by a Red Sea Holiday rep and pointed in the direction of our transfer. As others have mentioned the transfer is very quick.

On arrival at the hotel check in was dealt with efficiently by reception staff. Our luggage was delivered to our rooms quickly. We were in room 265 and my sister was in 266. My brother and his wife were in room 215.

The rooms are large and kept very clean. it is right what has been said previously about the bathrooms being in need of a refurbishment but they were clean and we had more than enough hot water with a very good shower pressure - sometimes too much pressure. Towels were changed as often as you like if you leave them in the bath.

The beds are very comfortable and the linnen soft and clean. Only 3 pillows in the room so if you want more you have to ask.

Food - we ate most of our meals in the ground floor dining room where Hakim looked after us very well. He is very aware of what is going on in the dining room and nothing is too much trouble for him. We did go to he Asian evening where you had to pay extra and I have to say it was quite disappointing with regards to food and entertainment. Although I am not a burger fan I am told that they were good and also the hot dogs, pizza and waffles during the day were fine.

If you want a sun lounger on the beach we could always find space for 5 people although sometimes towards the back.

Now to the Spa - what a joke. I have travelled to many places around the world and like to have a massage or 2 during my stay. What I did not expect here was to be shown no more than a garden shed for my massage AND I was expected to share it with men. When I objected to this I was eventually taken to a hut towards the front of the beach which again was not ideal but at least I was on my own. The 2 different girls who did my massages were very good and I have no complaints about that.

If you are looking for an inexpensive holiday (booked through co-operative travel), sun and relaxation and then I would recommend this hotel. Not a lot to do if you have children as almost no evening entertainment for them.

The outside bar in the evening could get busy and it was sometimes difficult to get a seat but we just wandered to the pool bar and we took our drinks there. The watier soon realised where we were sitting and kept us supplied with drinks.

If you want to go to the Marina get a cab as they are really cheap but agree the price before you get in. We paid about £3 from the Marina back to the hotel for 3 people.

Would we return - YES

Room Tip: Room 255 got the morning sun and was far enough away from the outside bar not to hear any noise at n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently stayed at the Siva Grand Beach Hotel and booked via Red Sea Holidays and have to say slightly disappointed.

Overall had an enjoyable holiday and Hurghada is a nice place and the staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and I know they tried so hard to keep everyone happy. But it has to be said that the hotel was not how it was advertised. It is not of four star standard and I wish we had known that before staying, as unlikely we would have booked it.

To review:
• Rooms - in desperate need of a refresh. We had a junior suite (for an extra £100 – interested to what a “regular” room would look like) and while the size was ok, everything looked tired and dated. Also our room was above the bar so very noisy throughout day and until 10pm at night and sometimes later. We stayed on the fifth floor in the giant main building. Would advise anyone going to ask to stay in the villas. The TV in the room offered a movie channel which was useful when escaping the midday sun.
• Bathroom in our room just looked dirty and unkempt. It was really off putting. Also the water pressure for the shower was shocking, sometimes water was boiling, freezing or none at all. The toilets by pool were well kept and had a friendly man who seemed to regular clean it and refresh the towels.
• Restaurants/Food – overall the food was poor. Mass produced of course and sometimes undercooked or overcooked! My fiancé and I are not fussy eaters and will usually try most foods but even some of this look so unappetizing that we could not eat it. The best food we had all week was when we went snorkelling and had lunch on ‘paradise island’ and also one dinner on the Marina (jetty) seafood night was ok too. They do good pitas and baba ganoush. All restaurants are buffet style and the queuing is sometimes bordering on the ridiculous as some people seem to not know this or care and will knock you over to get to a fried and blackened chicken wing!! Also, when arriving make sure you leave something at your table before you go and get dinner or otherwise you will come back to someone else sat at your table.
• Bars – all well-staffed and while the wine/spirits are not to my liking, the beer was ok and soft drinks were plentiful. However, the staff do seem to have the favourites and it can take a while for them to get to you! You can spend a lot of time waving and if you are seen to help yourself you do not know if this is bad or helpful to them! Very difficult to read.
• Reception – well-staffed as well but was treated rather rudely when we first arrived and requested a different room as the one given had a terrible smell, bathroom was even worse than the one we stayed in, was next to elevator so you could hear it going up and down and it was also down a dark corridor that felt rather intimidating.
• Pool – nice and large but needs a good clean. It has a great swim up bar but people sit and smoke there so sometimes you see cigarette ash in there or the plastic cups they give you. Also even though it says in ‘rule book’ that you cannot claim sun loungers. People do, as we got there very early and lots of beds were taken and then those people came to actually use them at 11am/12pm!! Another gripe is that children surround the larger pool (even though there is a children’s club) and can dominate the stairs to vacate the pool, take up seats by the bar, bring in large inflatables, do lots of diving and generally cause havoc. I know they cannot help this and one would of course want children to have fun but would be nice to have the staff acknowledge this and maybe even the parents (!!!?) I know this is a child friendly hotel, but it should also cater for those of us who do not have children
• Activities – we booked a day trip called 'Paradise Island' with our holiday rep – Red Sea Holidays. It was a fun day and the rep was really nice and knowledgeable. Good value for money too. Only downside was that to go snorkelling you had to battle to get into the sea and surrounded by maybe 50 other people on their version of the same trip. So pretty chaotic! For someone who is nervous of the sea this did not help and therefore I did not even get in.
• Weather – was beautiful and that was the main upside for the whole week.
• Transfers – arranged via holiday agent and all went very smoothly.
• Hotel – is a large concrete building that is in need of a lick of paint! Does not look like much from outside and looks a bit tattered inside as well. Sorry. But it does. Would have expected more glamour for four stars. It is 2013 so was rather startling to discover that the hotel did not have wi-fi throughout the hotel. It says it does in the lobby on the website but you must have to sit in a very specific spot as I tried this everyday and not once got it. The gardens of the hotel are immaculate and that is due to the hardworking gardeners and it really makes a difference.
• Facilities – hotel has a private beach which while busy is nice and clean. It has a little beach side bar/jetty that was the highlight of the week. Sitting there in the evening watching the sunset was the best part of the vacation. For some strange people it is not used much and most guests seem to be not bothered to go to it so sometimes it can be secluded which only adds to its appeal. Also it closes at 7pm which is a shame as would be a nice place to go after dinner.

In conclusion, my review and rating would have been higher if Red Sea Holidays/Siva Grand Beach had been more honest about the condition of hotel and if the website had been also. Instead we arrived and were instantly dissatisfied. My fiancé and I did enjoy our week there but that was because of the wonderful weather, the sea being so close and the beachside bar/marina and of course the staff who were kind and helpful 90% of the time. We feel bad to say that we would not stay here again. But this is just our opinion!

Hope this helps.

Lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Not sure why this hotel has so many good reviews.......We are a couple who stayed in April 2013. We have visited Egypt many times and have a preference for quiet and beautiful locations which this certainly wasn't. We booked last minute and knew what to expect, but were still very disappointed with Hurghada and the hotel. We've flown to Hurghada before and stayed in El Gouna and Makadi Bay, which we found very nice. But staying in Hurghada, a built up and aged resort, was a completely different experience.

The hotel has most rooms in the main building which is five floors tall with the remainder running down the sides of the complex in two story bungalows. We requested a quiet room and were given a room in the main building on the top floor - this is a huge block of concrete and steel which simply magnifies any noise and there was plenty of this: on our first night we were kept awake by noise coming from the Terrace bar and then on the Saturday over 700 people arrived at about one in the morning. We understand the hotel may not be able to do anything about arrival times, but it would help if staff weren't shouting to each other and slamming doors whilst delivering luggage to rooms in the middle of the night.

The room was actually pretty good, with a huge double bed and adequate bathroom but no tea or coffee facilities in the room. The shower is a bit hit and miss...boiling or freezing and one night no water at all.

The reception has two restaurants and three bars (one which isn't all inclusive) and a large stage for the evening entertainment which mostly comprised of the agadoo or a bad karaoke singer. There is also the Terrace bar outside but its almost impossible to get a seat in the evening and its a bit like a Butlins games room rather than a bar area. The pool bar shuts at about 6pm and the beach bar is advertised as reopening in the evening from 8-10pm but that wasn't the case. There is a jetty (not for snorkelling) that you can sit on and have a quiet drink and most couples went here but again this shut early at around 7pm. The problem I have with all of this is not that the entertainment is aimed at the kids but that there is nowhere for a couple to go and have a quiet drink in the evening.

I found the staff very hit and miss (beach waiter Mustafa was lovely) but by far the least friendly were the chefs who were on occasions bordering on rude. The waiters in the Terrace bar were super friendly with their returning guests (most of whom were German) but wouldn't give me the time of day and a smile was just too much to ask for. We ended up sitting with and speaking to a lovely German couple and as soon as the waiters saw us all laughing it changed in an instant and drinks started coming unprompted.

The choice of food through the day was very good and the waffles in the afternoon were lovely - but the quality of food in the main restaurant (of which there are two exactly the same, one above the other) was very poor and aimed mainly at the German clientele. In the morning if you wanted a fried egg you had two options, a raw blob of yellow and white jelly or a frisbee. Trying to explain what I wanted to the chef resulted in the said rudeness where he simply glared at me and walked away. There was loads of choice but it was just the lack of care or quality; beef that you couldn't cut, lamb that you couldn't chew, soup that you couldn't pronounce and beautiful fresh fish so poorly cooked (still raw) you didn't dare risk it. There is an option to dine in the Oasis restaurant in the evening as part of the all inclusive, which needs to be pre-booked. You could only do this between 7-9pm at the reservations desk in reception....unfortunately on the three occasions I did visit to book, no one was there. I asked another member of staff who said to try again another time!

Didn't go near the pool, but it is one big area and we could hear the loud music at various times coming from the pool area whilst we were sitting on the beach, so we gave it a miss.

The beach was big and no problems getting a sun lounger if you went before 8.30am, but it's not very pretty and you can't really walk along the beach to get away from it all. The hotel is located right in the old bay so the view is a bit like a port with loads of tourists boats moored up and high rise hotels along the shore. Lots of people come from other hotels to walk along the sand bar off our beach, which seems to be a local attraction?! There is a shallow lagoon, but absolutely no coral at all from this beach - no point in snorkelling.

The staff are constantly trying to sell you stuff (massage, boat rides, trips etc.) but weren't too pushy as long as you were firm with them. My girlfriend had a massage at the 'Grand Spa' which it certainly wasn't. Most hotels in Egypt have a designated spa area with calming music, air conditioning, lush surroundings, showers and cool drinks. She was assured it was in a private room but actually it was in a shed on the beach which was split into two rooms (with two beds in each) by a curtain - so not private at all and not worth the money.

The boat trips on offer are to a group of islands off the coast known to us as Giftun island, but they call it paradise island. Unfortunately this has become so over exposed and given that the operators have erected a huge sign on the beach advising everyone it is indeed 'PARADISE', I'm afraid that is no longer the case. One of the local lads was telling us that in some areas of Hurghada up to 70% of the coral is dead due to lack of preservation controls - a massive shame and unlikely to recover. As we told him about our recent visits to Marsa Alam, he said there was no point us going on these trips as we would be very disappointed.

So in summary: Weather was great, in the 30's every day, but did have a couple of very windy days. The hotel is about 85% German clientele who return again and again. The remaining 15% was made up of Polish, Italian, English and a few Scandinavian. If you like snorkelling or walking on the beach or sitting and talking to new found friends on quiet balmy evenings then don't visit this hotel. Go to Marsa Alam or Taba. If you have a family and want the kids entertained in large areas where you can also sit then this may suit your needs very well. The selection of food is considerable and throughout the day is very good but the evening meal is pretty poor. I would look to request one of the bungalow rooms away from the main building if you want to get some sleep. We would not return to this hotel or Hurghada.

Room Tip: I would look to request one of the bungalow rooms away from the main building if you want to get som...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I would first like to say that the staff at this Hotel are fantastic and very kind. We especially liked Ramadam in the cocktail bar! A real happy guy who is fantastic at his job! We stayed in room 109 and the young man who cleaned our room between 29th March and 6th April was a charming helpful and happy worker.
The gardens of the hotel were absolutely fantastic and the gardeners Do a great job. The hotel itself is nice but could do with a refurb as the entrance and reception is very elegant but the corridors to rooms have paint falling off, chips in walls and scuff marks everywhere. It is kept clean to the best of their ability though. One thing I didn't like and thought they should if fixed straight away is the down stairs toilet locks near the dining room. There are 4 toilets and only 1 had a working lock! Small things like that need sorting. We went out on a scuba diving day and this was a fantastic day out! Would recommend to everyone!
The Sand at the hotels beach is white gold sand like advertised its artificial which is a bit more gravelly.
On the beach to the left there is an amazing water sports centre we loved the doughnuts.
As two women we hated going outside the hotel in the Main Street as the shop owners would approach u and grab in some circumstances to look in there shop. If we didnt we sometimes got called names. It's very intimidating. We thought it was because we are too women however the men and family's got approached too.
The food is ok, a little repetitive after a while but it's not bad. I did wonder if the drinks where non alcoholic as the cocktails didnt affect me at all. U think they save in money with the drinks, I would stick to beer and spirits. There is a constant service of food around the resort which is very good!
Wifi isn't great!
Overall an ok holiday for the money and very nice staff however I wouldn't return because I don't like Hurghada.

• Stayed March 2013
Bristol, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great hotel, as previous reviews stated. We were after a week of sun & relaxation... and that is exactly what we got. We had to pay a little more than we expected due to the timing (April school holidays - £600 each ALL INC), but this was well worth it ! We booked with Red Sea Holidays... all was as expected, with no surprises or mishaps.

TRANSFER - The transfer from the hotel is a doddle... took about 15 mins !! A big plus in comparison to previous resorts such as Dahab (2.5hr transfer!!)

ROOM - We upgraded to a junior suite for an additional £100 total, but was worth having the extra space in the room. The curtains have black-out lining, so had some of the best 'holiday sleep' experiences ever. Bed was unlike previous Egypt hotels... it was MASSIVE and also very soft mattress. The room was kept spotless by the cleaners, with the provided beach towels (and a handy beach bag) changed whenever you needed.

FOOD & DRINK - Breakfast, lunch & dinner were all very good standard, with lots of variety... the usual downside with Egypt AI holidays is the deserts... they all taste the same, but that’s the nearest I will get to a complaint about this hotel. You had a choice of several restaurants for all the meals… The main restaurants are duplicated on the ground (you can sit outside) and first floor.

The Oasis restaurant has a themed night three evenings a week. It is included, if you want a break from the main restaurants. We did this… and regretted it ! We were both pretty ill that evening and through the night… I believe it was un-cooked fish tempura that was to blame, as we were both fine the following morning.
Drinks were available in all the various bars, with soft drinks on tap at the beach, so you can just help yourself.

OTHER GUESTS – From what we could hear from accents/language, it was a pretty equal split of various nationalities…. Why am I writing this ?… well if you have experienced holiday in recent years, there is often a particular nationality that are the rudest on the planet… they like their vodka, put it that way !!

OTHER FACILITIES – the wi-fi in reception is pretty much as waste of time… unless you get there at 6am, when no one else is connected… so DO NOT rely on this.
There is a pool table at the first floor bar above the reception area, a few table-tennis tables on the central bar, and various activities on the beach during the day.

BEACH – The beach is lovely, with a long spit of sand projecting across the bay. When the weather gets really hot (it was hovering around 34 degrees mid-April), a walk along the spit is beautiful. Plenty of sun loungers with shades on the beach… BUT YOU TRY TO GET ONE… THAT’S WHEN IT GETS REALLY INTERESTING!! Although it states in the ‘hotel/beach guest guide’ that no sun loungers can be reserved by guests, you are likely to find then all taken… how… WELL THE BEACH HOTEL STAFF RESERVE THEM FOR GUESTS FOR A NICE TIP !! We saw a retirement-age guy attempting to sit on a ‘reserved’ lounger, only to be shouted at by one of the beach staff… I was absolutely appalled… the poor guy look really shaken ! Not good at all !!

We arrived at the beach at 8:45 one morning (not bad for a holiday!!)… the beach was deserted, but there was nowhere to sit, other than the loungers furthest from the beach with no wind-break. Several of the ‘reserved’ sun loungers were eventually occupied by people at around 3pm…. In my eyes that is really taking the p**s !!

OVERALL – Great place for a simple holiday in the sun. Good hotel for a reasonable price, with decent food & drink. We will almost certainly go back (but no fish tempura this time !!)

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week at the beginning of April and had a lovely relaxing time, weather was amazing, very hot, don't think I could cope in Summer season as it was 38 now.
We found the food a bit repetitive but lots of choice, drinks were fine although the vodka and gin tasted the same !! The staff were friendly although some ,only if you tipped ( i know this is their culture )we weren't aware the first night so ordered a drink in the bar outside, then wondered why they were not too keen to give us another one !!!!!! When we have been All Inclusive before we have'nt carried money especially around the pool areas, but it's a definite must.
I also felt that the cleanliness could have been better just little details , maybe it's the lack of a womens touch ( no women workers in Egypt , sorry this seems sexists ) for instance the areas around the light switches, skirtings, the hairdryers in the bathroom.
We went with Red Sea holidays which were great all smooth sailing, loved the fact that one of their policies is that you can keep your room until just before you leave.
This was our first time in Egypt and we weren't prepared really for the constant bombardment when we left the hotel either as we are not very assertive.
After all this, we had a great week but would possibly not chose to go back to Egypt due to the constant bombardment and constant tipping. I certainly do not want them to change their culture but I just choose not to go their when I can pay the same to go to Cyprus or the like with less pressure.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Siva Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!