“There are thieves in that hotel.” 1 of 5 stars

Regina Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Kornish St., Hurghada 139, Egypt   |
Ranked #115 of 176 hotels in Hurghada
Samara, Russia
“There are thieves in that hotel.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good morning.I was the first time in that hotel, and hope the last one.All my cash money were stolen in the first day from the closed suitcase and closed room,the key of the room was with me. I was out only 4 hours. It's a mystic..but it happened. The food was satisfactory, you could find something not to be hungry.The towels and sheets were grey colour, with spots and very old.The animation team was ok. The guide Amro (Amir as he asked to name him) was rude and impolite with tourists. I don't advise anyone to stay in that hotel. But if you stay there i hope you will be more lucky than me.

Room Tip: I don't advise anyone to stay in that hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Only few words can be said on this hotel :
NEED A LOT OF MAINTENANCE AND CARE
It seems that the owner has never spent a penny on this hotel since the opening.
The only advantage is in the location in the middle of down town.
The towels on the beach have never been to the laundry.
The towels in the rooms became thinner then a paper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel has worn out furniture, towels and linnen, always problems with toilet facilities, terible maintenance, staff trying to help but nothing in there hands looks like owner is not spending a penny for keep up.......must mention that the location of the hotel is great if you like to be down town Hurghada.....just next to all shops, restaurants , pharmacies, banks, Mc Donalds etc. and directly next to Hurghada sea port.....the hotel also has a nice sea front beach but still all amenties needs big time maintenance.....beach towels are a disaster......I do not recomend this hotel except if you want a down town cheap hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I visited this hotel several times. First time it was so good but at the last time I visited at July ٢٠١٢ I found that it became the worse hotel I have ever seen. I went to many hotels like sunrise select garden beach resort And sunny days Palma de mirette and I found that there was a very poor service as if when I was in the registration reception they were letting me and my family to sit for continuous 3 hours for getting a room and they said that the cleaner is responsible for all the time share rooms, we went to our room finally, we found that there are mango peels on the sofa, the bathroom tub was filled with pee, the closet was so hard to open, the plates were not clean, the refrigerator was filled with ice and other sticky substance, the kitchen chairs were broken and the telephone was not working. We called the cleaner to clean all of this, when he cleaned for the first time he promised that he will clean it all of the days we are staying at these rooms. When we went for our first time to swim we found the swimming pool as it looks like some one vomited there, when I went to the sea I found that some People are throwing food and tissues, when I came to my room I found that the air conditioner was letting water to come out. The food was awful and made all my family sick. We always went to McDonald's as there the food is better than the hotel food the toilet was cleaned 2 times only in 1 week. I hope no one can go there

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

One day during our stay at this beautiful resort, regina hurghada, we found lots of tourists gathering around something on the beach... was far away to see what's happening but as I came closer I saw an incredibly big sea-lion like animal laying by the beach, was so delighted to see such a big sea animal lively, but when we asked the life guard what this animal could be.. He replied this is a MERMAID!!!!!!!! Everybody was hooraying, we couldn’t believe our eyes that this is a real mermaid... I never imagined that this could be the real shape of the mermaid as we all know its always half a girl half a fish  I never thought that I would ever be able to see a mermaid alive its something that could happen once in your life time though we were sorry for her to be laying like this on the beach.. Soon authorities came and pulled her out of the water and took her to special laboratories to see what is the reason behind this incident as the mermaid looks normal doesn’t seem that she's been attached or bit by a shark or something... authorities said she will be put in Hurghada National Aquariam.. I would love to say that I have been so lucky to stay at this hotel to see a mermaid alive and would always come back to see what this miraculous sea would bring for us next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hurghada, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had very bad experience in Regina this year and it was not the first time
I went 3 years ago and it was also base experience
rooms are not clean,
I asked the workers to come and clean they promised to come several times but they never come for a complete week
I had a problem with the bed, I asked reception to fix it but they did not do it also during the whole complete week of my stay
the place of the hotel is good in front of the sea
the swimming pool is not clean

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tbilis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed there in September 2012, and I can't say that it was very awful, but of course there were problems of cleaning, and service as it wasn't proper for 4 star hotel, even not corresponding to 3 star hotel service...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Regina Resort? Share your experiences!