“Mermaid at Regina resort hurghada” 4 of 5 stars

Regina Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Kornish St., Hurghada 139, Egypt   |
Ranked #123 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Moscow, Russia
“Mermaid at Regina resort hurghada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

One day during our stay at this beautiful resort, regina hurghada, we found lots of tourists gathering around something on the beach... was far away to see what's happening but as I came closer I saw an incredibly big sea-lion like animal laying by the beach, was so delighted to see such a big sea animal lively, but when we asked the life guard what this animal could be.. He replied this is a MERMAID!!!!!!!! Everybody was hooraying, we couldn’t believe our eyes that this is a real mermaid... I never imagined that this could be the real shape of the mermaid as we all know its always half a girl half a fish  I never thought that I would ever be able to see a mermaid alive its something that could happen once in your life time though we were sorry for her to be laying like this on the beach.. Soon authorities came and pulled her out of the water and took her to special laboratories to see what is the reason behind this incident as the mermaid looks normal doesn’t seem that she's been attached or bit by a shark or something... authorities said she will be put in Hurghada National Aquariam.. I would love to say that I have been so lucky to stay at this hotel to see a mermaid alive and would always come back to see what this miraculous sea would bring for us next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Hurghada, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had very bad experience in Regina this year and it was not the first time
I went 3 years ago and it was also base experience
rooms are not clean,
I asked the workers to come and clean they promised to come several times but they never come for a complete week
I had a problem with the bed, I asked reception to fix it but they did not do it also during the whole complete week of my stay
the place of the hotel is good in front of the sea
the swimming pool is not clean

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tbilis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed there in September 2012, and I can't say that it was very awful, but of course there were problems of cleaning, and service as it wasn't proper for 4 star hotel, even not corresponding to 3 star hotel service...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Unfortunately, the hotel is sooooooo bad, dirty. All rooms - whether hotel or time share - are sooooo dirty, room service team are so tough and unprofessional. They don't clean the rooms neither on a daily basis nor during our whole visit. The closet was kept broken, there were no pillows to sleep on, there were bugs....etc. For sure, I will not go there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

a very bad hotel very very bad no room service the rooms are so dirty the restraunt is too dirty and the food is bad it is not for eat the only good meal s breakfast it is not so good but better than the other the bathrooms smells so bad not clean at all :O but to be honest the beach is good the swimming pool not so good but really the rooms,the restrants the bathrooms are sooooooo bad and the water cuts a lot we also changed our room 5 times we take all the day trying to find l good room

Room Tip: the beach rooms are better than others
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Belgrade, Serbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Unfortunately the plates in the restaurant were dirty, also our rooms when we first came. Hotel staff was unprofessional and bothering me all the time, room cleaners, kitchen staff, pool staff.. everybody. The only good thing was Animation team Smiley so we had fun with them but as for hygiene very very bad :(( I dont think that we will stay again in Regina.

Room Tip: choose the ones in the main building
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Having gotten over the shock of filthy tables, cutlery and poor quality food, next up was a Butlins type chalet. The welcoming party of cockroaches and ants were pleasant enough, once in the room it was balanced. The rising damp was met half way up the way by falling damp, while the wardrobe doors had molded themselves shut with fungus. Turning on the tap in the sink was an exercise in metal balancing as it seemed unwilling to stay still long enough to work. The bathroom itself was filthy, as was the floor in the bedroom. I can only say I paced the floor in total shock for 10minutes trying to figure out what to do.

Went back to reception and requested a better room, one that wouldn't end up with lungfuls of spores and watching freestyle insect wrestling on the floor and walls. They showed a second room, which was marginally better than the first, though the pile of garbage outside really didn't augur well and it too was filthy inside. So up came the 3rd offering - "the best we have" according to the very pleasant and decent reception desk manager. It took was dirty (it hadn't been cleaned since the last people checked out) and at midnight it was too late to go anywhere. Taking lives in hands, we stuck it out, Having seen what was going on by the pool, not leaving the room.was the best bet.

In the morning it was a shock to see 20-30 people queuing for breakfast, then rushing in like it was the last moments on the Lusitania. After 10minutes I wandered inside and saw a woman put an omelette (freshly cooked) into her handbag and ask for another one. A grandmother filling a litre bottle with juice from a machine, and entire baskets of rolls and cakes end up in plastic bags and smuggled away. I had coffee in one of a selection of cracked cups and headed to the beach to wait for the tour rep.

I cannot fault the reception staff for being decent, they were polite, embarrassed and having settled for the 3rd (and best) room, the gentleman dealing with us said that the owners just didn't care about the hotel and it was a disgrace. He didn't blame us in any way for wanting to leave and apologised profusely. The tour rep didn't even ask why a move was wanted, she immediately organised it.

In no way am I a snob, or someone who believes my rear is more previous than anyone else's. I've stayed in rough spots, no-star and cheap as anything. But this beat all. In which universe is it 4-star, i don't know, certainly not in any place where ratings are correct. The most shocking thing was being told that only we were changing hotels and other guests were happily stealing food and drinking themselves silly. If anyone is silly enough to stay more than a night, then they get what they want. If you have any semblance of self-respect and dignity, don't go or get out quick - your health is more important. Shame on the owners for allowing what could be a good spot crumble into decay. When plaster is falling in lumps from the walls, it's not the guests problem, it's yours!

Room Tip: To get a good room, go tot a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Regina Resort? Share your experiences!