I stayed with my friend in the hotel a week ago and the hotel grounds and the rooms are lovely. Bed was really, really comfortable to sleep on and hotel is quiet, no noise in the evenings or nights.
Service was in overall good but the staff was sometimes a bit slow and difficult to understand. Probably their lack of english caused that problem. Room cleaner boy you "must" tip if wanting to get good and clean service. Otherwise we did not tip the staff.
Heated pool was enough and the beach was just opposite the street, system works well.
A few big minuses:
- you are not allowed to bring beverages or food into the hotel, including water. They were reasoning it with hygiene reasons but in reality it is just a rip off as a water bottle in the hotel costs 15 LE and just outside the hotel 2 LE.
- We had a half board and the breakfast was mediocre at its best. Croissants were dry and the fruits were boring (majority of time just apples, 2 days we had tangerines and bananas). Yogurts were nice. Water in breakfast you had to buy separately. Breads were good, excluding pastries and croissants did not touch the warm breakfast bit as at dinnertime you get enough fat.
Dinner buffet was plentiful but really salty and salads were too oily. Meat and aubergine salads were nice. I gained weight in one week 3 kilos. I also managed to get diarrhea from there (just ate in the hotel, no where else). They could do more healthy options. Dessert table was a real disappointment. Cakes looked delicious but all tasteless and dry. I tried once and that was enough. My friend tried them in all 7 days and said they were same s..t every day.
I recommend the hotel to all who wish to have a lovely, relaxing 5 star accommodation but truly recommend to eat outside the hotel, food is not worth it unfortunately.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Hotel Hurghada
- Grand Hotel Hurghada
- Grand Resort Hurghada
- Grand Resort
- Grand Resort Hotel Hurghada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Suitably named, everything at this beautiful arabesque style hotel has been done on a grand scale – from the spacious and elegant rooms to the impressive terrace surrounding the three freeform swimming pools.Special consideration has been given to each individual feature to add to a setting that radiates five star luxuries. ... more less