“relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand Resort Hurghada

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurghada
The Grand Resort Hurghada
You added The Grand Resort Hurghada to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Corniche Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #55 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
alkmaar,holland
“relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We just wanted a week in the sun and nothing more. This was the right place to be. No music at the swimming-pool, no entertainment hassle around you and very good service. We had a beautiful room facing the poolside and enjoyed everyday of the good food,during breakfast and dinner. Grand Resort is a perfect place for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fittleworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel has a huge amount going for it and overall the organisation and levels of service were little short of excellent.

The reason the hotel doesn't get 5 stars from me is the bedroom. The primary function of a hotel is to provide a secure and comfortable place to sleep, rest, wash and keep your belongings while you're out.The bed wasn't up to 5 star levels of comfort and the bathroom was tiny with a dimly lit and difficult to access shower over the smallest bath I've ever seen. The ventilation / heating / air conditioning fan was noisy and intrusive during the day - it would have been impossible to sleep with it on at night.

My other gripe is that the fruit juice in the morning was a reconstituted powdered mix. Freshly squeezed was available and was excellent but was another 30 Egyptian pounds over and above the B&B rates. Oh.... and maybe it's an age thing but I really didn't expect to be addressed as "Hey, English" as a guest in a 5 star hotel. Doubly so being a Scot and with no similarity whatsoever to Rowan Atkinson!

The quality of the food in the Mediterranean Restaurant, the hotel's "signature restaurant", was excellent. And amazingly good value. Overall we ate well within the hotel and even on the beach there were attentive staff standing by to take an order for drinks or food, all seamlessly charged to the room if so desired or cash was always an option.

The beach itself is private and felt secure. We were greeted by one of the attendants and he'd take us to a couple of sunloungers, align them to face the sun, fetch some matresses and the proceed to lay our beach towels over the top. While not necessary to tip a small token of appreciation doesn't go unrewarded......

If your intention is to do some snorkelling then take advantage of the many trips out to the reefs as there's little to see around the hotel, unlike some further up the coast. Prices from the tour reps for these trips are over the top and you can enjoy one of the many excursions organised locally for less than half the headline cost in the hotel.

There was a programme of entertainment and this was of a generally high standard and well attended by the guests.

Vladivostok, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

nice hotel, but a lot of Germans. The hotel has three swimming pools, two restaurants and a la carte cafe. Night lighting at great! The hotel grounds are very well maintained, but a little green! If you book in advance the hotel offers a 20% discount.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

one of the best hotels I have stayed in Egypt.The staff are very pleasant,nothing is to much trouble.The pools,lounges and everything in the grand resort was very impressive.the room we had was very nice with a large balcony.Tarek who cleaned our room did a really good job and was very helpful,nothing was to much trouble.We only booked in for bed and breakfast and found that the food was very good.Outside of the hotel we found the resort a little disappointing.the resaurants served reasonable food but they were a bit shabby.Loads of hassle from shop keepers but that is the norm for Egypt.The beach was very nice and the beach boys were very helpful finding people sun beds.If you like to have a beer it is very reasonably priced outside of the hotel at around 10-13 le.Another story inside hotel 28 le.All in all I thought it was a good holiday in a very nice hotel but the resort was a little tired looking.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have spent a week at the Grand Resort with my parents and an almost two year old daughter. We just wanted a week of sun and nice warm weather. I have decided to book this resort becouse of very good price for the package and becouse of the previous good reviews here. I also have to say that it is a great place, very nice hotel, great pools. It is very big, but you dont feel being crowded. I have asked the recepcionist if we can get a bigger family room and they were so nice to give us a huge appartment. The staff was very helpful, at least we had very good experience with almost everybody. But I have to say that my little blond long hair girl did her part :-). Everybody said hello to her....The beach is across the street and through a hotel, but was just a nice walk of few minutes. The beach is not very big, but ok. We prefered beach and not the pool, becouse there was sand and my daughter just loved playing there. The food was very good, a nice variety of western and oriental. Before going I was a little worried becouse everybody knew stories about food poisoning, but we very healthy all the time and we ate everything. The only thing I kind of missed was, that there is no city, no village, no real life around, nothing but those two hotels and few stores and restaurants and that German speaking tourists who were the majority thought that locals should speak german. But this is my problem, becouse before I never travelled this way (being in a resort for a week). All in all great holidays for a very reasonable price. I can really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We've just come back from a week at the Grand Resort. What a relaxing holiday. The hotel is huge, divided into two parts. Although it was peak season, it didn't feel crowded.
Very clean comfortable rooms. There are three restaurants serving a wide variety of dishes. Buffet style. There's something for everyone. The staff are all very courteous, friendly and polite.

• Stayed November 2012
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at this resort for a week and the rooms were really great, air conditioning excellent, pool and surrounding area clean, communal areas clean so in all those respects we were happy. Two words of warning. The food comes out on trays at breakfast and evening meal and stays on show for hours on display albeit in an air conditioned environment but not that cold and left on display on un-chilled counters. It literally sits there in the heat of the day. I'm talking cold meats, cheeses, fruit, various yogurts etc Many of the trays return to the kitchen after sitting there for hours and I'm not convinced they then throw it away, not when there are several trays of sliced meats for example? It seems to reappear for the evening meal. The food was pretty awful in the main restaurant so we opted to eat our evening meals mainly at the a la carte restaurant and this was excellent food. We tried the steak house too but that was awful. You are allowed to book to go to the other restaurants free as long as you reserve in advance. My second word of advice is to avoid like the plague the annoying guy that comes around the pool area to start massaging your hand with essential oils to persuade you to have some massages. Yes I was persuaded (he is persuasive) and expected to have a lovely massage in a private room with nice music and essential oils. What you actually get is herded into what I can only describe as a fret work cubicle in full view of others and told to take my top off despite there being a guy in the adjacent cubicle. There was not even room to swing a cat (British saying) and the massage itself was awful. I was covered in coconut, which was eventually partially wiped off me and I went away with coconut all over me which I tried to get off. It was a complete rip off! Do not listen to the sellers, it sounded heaven when it was described to me and was another way of ripping off the gullible holiday maker. Everywhere we went the staff were pocketing the cash we handed over including the massage staff. Half into the draw, half into their back pocket. We loved our holiday and the rep for Red sea holidays was superb (Wassim). He arranged fabulous day trips out and came with us which added to the enjoyment. The holiday was only marred by the food in the large restaurant food and the massage team who I understand are not directly employed by the hotel. So...go there...its great BUT be careful what you eat and to whom you hand your cash.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grand Resort Hurghada? Share your experiences!