“Superb chilled holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
South Wales
“Superb chilled holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed a week here 8-15th Feb as family of 4. Weather was great (average 25-28) degrees. One of the main reasons we chose this place was for the pool which is huge and weaves its way through the grounds - no need to scramble for sunbeds as there are loads and the heated section is very large and was ideal for a winter break - the kids spent hours in it. Hotel kept really clean and our room was large with bunk beds. Activites include childrens play area, tennis, crazy golf and gym - bowling and ice-skating have a high charge for use so not utilised. The grounds are beautiful with gardens being maintained constantly by hard working grounds staff and there's a lovely palm tree lined walk to the beach. Excellent snorkelling and you only have to swim 50m out. Very few British people but that was okay - mainly Russian and German holiday makers - the Russians kept themselves to themselves and weren't overly rude or difficult as stated in previous reviews.

Food was okay; the kids loved it as there was endless chips and hotdogs at the poolbar and beachbar at lunch time and pizza at night (plus salad and veg!). There were generally 10-12 choices of food at dinner and though some were obviously aimed at Russian guests (kofka etc) there were always dishes that were tasty (e.g. chef freshly cooked stir-fry, chicken, garlic poatoes etc), If you're looking for the food to be the highlight of your holiday, this probably isn't the place for you but if you get this hotel at a good price and aren't too fussy, it's really worth a stay. No tummy bugs!! :-)

We didn't bother with the evening entertainment and what we did hear was Russian and not great. The reception staff weren't overly helpful & rude at times but the 2 Russian guest relation girls (Victoria and Christina) were really good when we had a couple of things that needed sorting and we were grateful for their help. The pool staff really made our holiday special - they really enjoy Bristish guests (but without being 'in your face') (THANKS Khaled, Mustafa and Haytham!!). We would return and I would recommend this place for family/couples who want a good value hotel with great pool and winter sun. We would return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

352 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

we went for a week defo not long enougth would defo go back....only thing would say is reception are rubbish and some staff can be very rude...hotel rooms could do with a bit of a make over...and food could be a bit more exiting...but we had the best holiday loved every min of it...cant wait to go back next jan :)

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

my mum took me last week to ali baba palace in hugharda it isss absoulutley amazing evrything was great the waiters are so nice if you ever go look out for one inpaticular ahmed fathy he is amazing great guy and as soon as we got of the coach from the airport we got our bags taken to our room and it is so cheap its unbelivable 20 pounds for 4 hous quad biking and boat trips for 7 hhours great fun absolutley brill i reccomend this holiday for anybody :
family
solo
couple
and mates please rate this hotel 5 stars it was fab im only 14 and i wasted time chilling with mates to write this review i enjoyed it so much

Room Tip: they are all fantastic quality
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were traveling around Egypt and AliBaba was not our 1st choice hotel as the one we wanted was full.. So pleased we choose this Hotel we had a fab time.

We stayed for only 5 days just wish it was longer.
When we arrived there was someone to collect our bags very quickly from the cab we had traveled from Luxor and all were really tried and just wanted to go to our rooms..
We were given our key and information very quickly very friendly reception staff and helpful think they could see how tried we were and everything was sorted quickly.

The reception is very big and clean, bar in reception along with a lounge, skate rink and small bowling alley for the kids, shops and 3 places to eat all set out well.

Lovely large pool that leads to beach and garden area also which is handy part of the pool is heated, there is a pool bar where you can get something to eat during the day alot to choose from, also tea and coffee machine and area is alway clean.

The rooms are of a good size and cleaned to high standard daily, very helpful staff that clean your rooms nothing is never too much to ask.

there is a beach bar and you can also eat there lots to choose from and drinks are always cold.

We have been to Egypt around 10 times now and its true most good Hotel are kept the same but this Hotel does stand out.. what i dont understand is why it does not have **5 stars** as it is worth it.. !! We have stayed in 5 Stars before and some have not been as good as Ali Baba..

The beech is set up well lots to do, the guys on the beach are always there too help.. Foods is good.

You also have the other two Hotels that you can use which is part of the Resort .. Aladin and Jasmin Village , you can use there eating areas and pools there is a small zoo and park area for small Children .. overall its a great place for couples or families with children.

Outside next to main Reception there is a club called Cave that opens every evening which is good and the entertainment is well thought out for everyone .

Overall we had a good time and would like to thank all the staff at Ali Baba we loved it so much we will be coming back in October with the rest of the family,

Cant see why anyone would want to write a bad review about the place really.
The Hotel should have ***5**** !!!

Room Tip: The pancakes in the morning are lovely try them, take your towel/ towel card.. with you to Breakfast...
Sofia, Bulgaria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We went to Ali Baba Palace in December 2012 with my husband. We are a young couple (20 and 24 years) and actually we expected much more than we've seen. First, I will tell about minuses of this hotel. The most awful thing is the service. If you are russian ( I am and my husband is European), forget about nice treating. In the so-called lobby bar where everyone is gathering after the dinner time to have some dring and to chat, the waiters were extremely obsessed to serve only NON russians, I have no idea why they were so rude to us, but we were ready to leave them enough money for a good service. Sometimes, we were sitting there with germans all around and its was even funny to see how they are jumping all around them and ignoring us. That's the most annoying thing. I understand that there are some tourists that are not polite or kind of arrogant, but not fair to treat us in such a way. Ok, next point that we hated is that the receptionist were useless. We booked the hotel through alpharooms.com (british website) as we used it a lot and trust it. But when we came, the receptionist said that we don't have any paid reservation, his system broke down and we need to wait. It came out that he did't manage to see our names in the so-called new guests. Very unpleasant situation especially when we were travelling all night and expect nice and warm welcome. When we were leaving, it was the same, useless. No help with taxi or just being friendly. Next, the hotel was too much boring. I understand that all depends on you and company you came with, but the animation team was not passionate about what they are doing. It is my 3rd time in Egypt and the most boring. Discos- no people, boring shows. We have a conclusion, that this hotel is good for old couples or family trips. But for young people or couples it's waste of time. Plus to all of this mentioned, our room was dirty like hell. It's totally not 4 star hotel, it's so far away!
Now about bright side :) The food was great, big variety, 3 restaurants, bars, etc. We loved it. The territory is spacious, amazing gardens, aqua center, diving center on the territory. Also we got free tickets to aquapark in the neighbour hotel Titanic. Generally, that's all that I can say about advantages. Anyway we loved our trip, because we made it nice, but DEFINETELY not because of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

When I went to Hurghada in March ,we stayed at another hotel along the beach and used to hear all these people on the beach having exciting and wild parties and always wanted to be part of it
Well Ali baba ,and it's sister hotels Aladdin and Jasmine which you have access too was the place for the parties. At an extra cost mind.
The holiday was cheap and although were inclusive, there were extra costs for the finer things like decent coffee and imported spirits and nice cocktails
I would recommend going to the beach party sold by Karam
Great show and the meat feast was more than we could eat but our friends couldn't eat the seafood option
And the foam parties looked fun on the beach
It's a great place for lively fun
The shows in the amphitheatre were a bit strange but as the clientele is 95% Russian I think they cater for their sense of humour
The beach was amazing and the sea warm

Some of the staff were brilliant ,and I think there is a case of learning from good practise here as we ate in the Italian restaurant purely for the fact that the staff were absolutely brilliant professional and caring.
The captains in this restaurant should be promoted to management as they looked after us saying this was our home
As single women we felt we needed looking after but not a single member of staff was inappropriate in asking us out so we felt that the service was genuine.
I celebrated my birthday there to a wonderful dancing singing birthday cake celebration which was lovely all free too.
I can also recommend buying the fresh juice from Mohammed although this is extra, it is freshly squeezed and the juice in the machines is watered down to be like squash
The reception staff were fabulous too as only 2 sets of English guests - hello Clive and Amanda (the others) they made sure we were catered for..and the animation team were told to look out for us.
The pool was amazing and heated .

It was all a bit hit and miss, I have stayed in better hotels in Hurghada and catering for the Russian clientele is not what the English expect BUT I really enjoyed the stay and most of the staff tried so hard to please us asking our opinions all the time, ordering lemons in the beach bar for my salad ( a good tip as I am never ill) if you ask nicely then they are eager to please.

And the reception staff were so helpful all the time, as at other hotels they have been quite rude with indifference ,so this was a lovely surprise ,I think they want more English people to go there.
There were a few and they always came over to say hello ,and most are regulars at Ali baba
And actually when I was in Hurghada last week in a different hotel I missed Ali baba plus there Xmas decorations looked amazing.

Word of caution - watch out for the mafia taxi drivers outside the hotel
Better to flag one down and barter take the taxi number and say to the driver that you have his number
As one of my friends got robbed in a taxi
Hs he was in Aladdin and the staff there were brilliant
But be on your guard

I think this hotel was fun and its a shame more British people don't go there so then they would cater for our tastes
But always ask nicely if you don't see what you want as they are so willing to please

Room Tip: We had a balcony near the pool which was lovely
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This happened 3 years ago (December 2009) , hopefully the situation has changed but still I think it's helpful to have all experiences noted here!
Before reading my review, please note that there are not bad or good hotels (this is my opinion) everything depends on how you are able to enjoy your time and get as much positive things from your holidays as possible. Sometimes you don't succeed but never give up-remember we are on HOLIDAYS, so we need to take it easy.
Great gardens, nice swimming pool but with no heating system so..
The staff was not what I may call friendly (I have my reasons to state so): we arrived and were given a room right away, but I returned and ask if was possible to change it to sea view. I openly said I knew I has to pay so I asked the price for the upgrade. The receptionist told me in no friend's tone that I'd better said that I was keen to tip him instead of paying for an upgrade. Is there any difference? Whatever we were given a sea view room and it was worthy the amount we paid.
On the second day of our stay we arrived from the beach and had no towels in the room. I called to the reception and the pass me with the Janitor's who told me to wait in the room. Two hours passed by and no towels. I went to the reception and complained once again. Once again I was told to call the janitors' room and the answer I received was "if you think you are the only client in the hotel, you are wrong Sr. You have to wait in your room or buy a towel if you are in a rush!". To short it all, we waited 4 and a half hours and no towels so I went to the reception and asked to talk the general manager. Of course I was told he was not in the resort, but since I was already angry the reservation manager came out and talk to me. I wrote a complaint letter and said I'd not stop until I have a response .
We were in holidays so no need to spoil moods. We took a shower, seated on the terrace and get dry like that..lol.. fun fun..
in the evening when we return from the restaurant we got a fruit basket and letter from the general manager apologizing. Whatever!
Food was really really poor, not to say of beverages and the service in the restaurants! We waited for a waiter 35 minutes (I have a travel diary so I can be accurate enough with timing) and by the time we wanted a second cup of wine we were told that that wasn't possible. Whaaaat? No choice at all nor in the International or Italian or Oriental.
We had friends staying in Jasmin hotel and were invited to have dinner there. Big difference- great services, great food choice. Not to say that the rest of the 2 weeks we alternate our dinner with them and no problem at all by part of the staff. They even made space for us every night. Great people!
Back to drinking and Ali Babe. By the time we were 5 pax and my friends wanted some beers so one of them headed to the bar and ask for a beer for all of us and ..surprise, you can have only one glass!. He pointed to our directions saying that we were 5 and no way. I went there myself and since everyone took me for a native the guy gave me 10 glasses in a tray with no drama at all - note that for my friends and me it was ok, but i am sure there were friend groups which weren't given any choice. It shouldn't be that way!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to PrimaSol Ali Baba Palace? Share your experiences!