“TOWIE - The only way is Egypt” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
35% off room rate
Ranked #9 of 180 Hotels in Hurghada
wgc
“TOWIE - The only way is Egypt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

After my last, dreadful experience of a Red Sea resort, the Beach Albatros in Sharm El Sheikh, I did state it would be a long time before I returned to Egypt, however we decided to risk it one more time and boy am I glad. The staff and facilities of this hotel prove how it should be done. Although it may not look as grand is it's sister hotel, which is located next door, we spent a wonderful 2 weeks enjoying good food, great surroundings and above all fantastic service at the Crystal Bay. Living in England you can be forgiven for forgetting what good service looks like but at this hotel we were reminded constantly. From the housekeeping staff to the managers we were impressed by each and every member of staff.
I highly recommend the Spa. A massage from Ygeni was so relaxing I had to go back 4 times.
The Gala dinner on New Years Eve was not only impressive but great fun. Alot of time and effort went into the organisation of the evening and I would like to thank all of the staff involved for making it so special.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
crystalbayresort, Public Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us.
We are happy that you have chosen SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort to celebrate New Year and it is a pleasure to know that you had a great time.
We do hope to have the honor to welcome you again under the hospitable Egyptian sun.
The hotel management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Having selfishly used trip advisor for many years without posting a review of my own, I have to say that I would have felt ashamed had I not sung the praises of this hotel and It's "MARVELLOUS STAFF".

Having travelled to Egypt on four previous occasions and having stayed at all 5 star hotels, I can honestly say that for me the Sentido/Sunrise Crystal Bay is by far the best, and the first to fully deserve it's "5 star" rating.

ENTERTAINMENT:
As in many of the hotels in Egypt it has very laid back feel to it, and entertainment is on the quiet side. However as there was twelve in our party this was not a problem.
There were a few nights when there was live music in the cocktail bar, which included one night with a great guitarist/singer. If I could make one suggestion it is that the main lobby bar needs to have some form of separation to distinguish the bar from the lobby, which would give the bar a cosier feel and make it feel less open.Having spoken to various members of staff it does seem that outside the winter months, where the use of outside areas at night is a more viable option, there are some forms of entertainment.
There is a nice sports bar with pool tables etc. and like everywhere else it has great staff who in this case can't wait to make you a cocktail or two.
Daytime entertainment is as you would expect, with a hard working animation team who offer all sorts of fun and games, and lots of varied sports programmes. I would add that if you don't want to join in they do not pester you, the same can also be said of the sales people (boat trips,spa treatments, windsurfing etc).

ROOMS:
Our party had booked side view deluxe rooms which were only slightly dearer than a standard room.The rooms were both spacious and well equipped, and much to my wife's delight both slippers and bathrobes were supplied.I found the beds extremely comfortable and overall found the rooms to be of a very high standard. All toiletries are replenished daily as are the towels, and housekeeping are always on the ball and go out of there way with towel art, and your evening choccies.

RESTAURANTS:
Absolutely first class all the way.
Both the free A-La-Carte restaurants at the Crystal Bay are superb and could not be faulted. We tried the Asian next door at the Mamlouk and it was fine, but not up to the standard of the in house ones.The buffet restaurant has a fantastic choice, and although we prefer eating a-la carte we had several great meals there.
The Fish Restaurant was absolutely fantastic and you must try it. Although it is at an extra cost it is well worth the money, which with no holding back on the food and with 4 bottles of wine and various other alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, only came in at about £40 per head.
I must also mention the beach restaurant which with a-la-carte option during the day is such a refreshing change.

POOL AND BEACH AREAS:
All the pool and beach areas are beautiful. All areas are kept spotless by the army of hard working grounds people, who are always on the go working on cleanliness or planting to keep the grounds up to scratch. There is a heated pool which unusually was the largest of the three.You can use the facilities at the two hotels next door but unlike Crystal bay these were extremely busy.There were always plenty of sun beds both around the pool and the beach, and it seemed there was always acres of space wherever you wanted to lay.

STAFF:
They are exceptional.
I cannot praise or thank them enough.
I must apologise for not remembering all the names.
Let me start with Susan the guest services supervisor who was an absolute star.She arranged for all my parties rooms to be next to each other without me having to request it, she also pre-booked many a-la-carte restaurants for my party of 12 with all of us sitting together. Most important of all was the way her and her staff were always checking to see if everything was o.k. and the fact that you always felt that if there were any problems they were there to sort them out. I cannot understand these people who complain afterwards when there is always someone there to help "JUST ASK".
There were many other excellent staff for example the pool barman (always greeted with a smile and extremely polite), the very helpful and hard working pool towel man (I think he may have been the supervisor),the extremely attentive staff at the beach bar/restaurant and Rayman on the management team who was always trying to get people involved and keep them happy.
A special thank you to HAMDY who was working at breakfast in the morning and then managing the Mediterranean in the evening, he also turned up at the xmas eve gala, he was a perfect gentleman who went out of his way to keep people happy and satisfied, even under his heavy workload.
Once again many thanks to Susan for all her help and we look forward to our next visit, see you soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
crystalbayresort, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Martin,

We are very happy that you have chosen our hotel for your vacations. We would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments - your high evaluation of our hotel and staff is very much appreciated.
The entire team of SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort will be looking forward to welcoming you again to make your next stay with us an unforgettable experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I had a cheeky winter week's stay before Christmas. The staff were simply wonderful and almost too many to name, but I would single out Remon, Hassan, Ali and Ehab as being ambassadors for first class customer service.

The hotel itself is superb. Big luxury rooms, great food in the Indian and Continental a la carte restaurants. The animation team were great fun (although the evening productions were quite old fashioned).

There are lots of activities to do: we went driving in dune buggies in the desert and took a trip on a submarine. Of course diving etc is a big draw.

Don't be put off going to Hurghada in the current political climate. It is safe and friendly. I would love to go back to this hotel. My husband actually wants to move in there!

• Stayed December 2012
crystalbayresort, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very happy that you have chosen our hotel again for your vacations. We would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments.

The entire team of SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort will be looking forward to welcoming you again under the welcoming Egyptian sun.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Service was excellent. I travelled with 2 small children and they were really attentive to my children. Happy children = happy mum.
It was great value for money and we didn't have any alcohol! They offer lots of non - alcoholic drinks and we were always served in a very polite manner.
I always worry about 'sleep quality' as it really depends on my little ones but it was great. Great beds and great duvets (very much needed as it was cold at night). If you are going over December/January bring at least one fleece.
The hotel was clean and with huge marble/granite surfaces there is always someone buffing somewhere. My daughter was a bit poorly and was sick right by the ping pong table outside and before I could even think about how I would clean up her sick there appeared a lovely man to clear it all up. I am pretty sure he was one of the lifeguards! Also, every time he saw me after that he asked how my little girl was! It did feel genuine!
We only left the hotel once to visit the local shopping centre to get a few souvenirs. The Hotel is vast and has its own bay so perfect.
The rooms are lovely and spacious, we had 2 big beds and then we had a single bed for my son and a travel cot for my daughter. Room 231 has a sea view and it is sort of located in the middle. So you are half way to the restaurants and half way to the beach and the playground is just opposite.Great if you have small kids but there is no lift so you have to lift the buggy up and down the stairs. Might be better to be on the ground floor if you have a big buggy but I don't think you get a sea view then!
They have a mini club which both my children loved. It wasn't very busy when we were there so the attention was pretty much one to one. In other resorts I am used to leaving details, signing my children in etc. This did not happen here and I was a bit worried to begin with. The outdoor heated swimming pool is about 1 minute away from the mini club so they could get us if they needed to. They offer a variety of activities every morning (10am - 12pm) and afternoon (3pm-5pm). They don't have a snack time which my children are used to in the UK at school or pre-school.
The meals were excellent. It changed daily but was familiar. E.g. pasta but different types, different salades, There is an al fresco restaurant that has a buffet for lunch with fantastic tagines! highly recommend it. They had an Egyptian evening and that was fantastic.
Extras:
1. The are now a 'sun rise' resort and judging by the upgraded beach towels this will give the hotel a face lift.
2. The staff are fantastic and if you need something they will do their best to help out. I found the shower was very slippery and the gave us a mat.
3. If you are able to attend a gala evening and have to pay for it then if you can afford it go along. We attended the Eastern Christmas event and it was amazing. Lots of great food and entertainment.
4. The main restaurant has a section for families which is great. The staff (mainly young men) do their best to distract your kids when they 'kick off'!
5. Please do try all the restaurants. I thought they might be on the more romantic side but I did see families in there.
6.There is a gym which my other half visited and some tennis courts.
7. They have entertainment every evening and the wonderful 'animation' team put stuff on from 10am to about 5 pm!

We shall be returning back soon!
Thank-you for a great family holiday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
crystalbayresort, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear guest,

We are very happy that you have chosen our hotel again for your vacations. We would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments - your high evaluation of our hotel and staff is very much appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had two weeks arriving on Xmas day and the staff were great everything is kept clean will be going back in August can't wait we will be taking our daughter and grand-daughter as they have a great kids club.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mrs. Lesley G.,

We want to thank you for your positive feedback about our resort. We are very happy that you and your friends spend a lovely holiday with us.

All staff from SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort hopes to have the honor of welcome you and your friends again in our resort.

The hotel-management
yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is our 6th time in Hurghada and the Sentido stands out for us compared to the other hotels we have stayed in.
The staff are very friendly and accomadating nothing is too much trouble.
A special thanks to Yousif the pool bar attendant and Yulia the guest relations manager.
The food was excellent along with clean and tidy rooms.The only fault was the drinks were slow in coming on the terrace on an evening other than that excellent.
We are in the process of booking next year

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are not private enough anyone can see in choose a first or second floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
crystalbayresort, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your feedback about our resort. We are very happy that you had an excellent stay in our resort.

The complete team of SUNRISE Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort will be happy to welcome you again in our resort next year.

The hotel-management
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

As three adults we had an amazing stay here in one of the beautiful suites! The service and staff throughout the resort were the nicest, kindest most hard working people I have met. The standard was high everywhere and nothing was too much trouble.
My son and partner enjoyed good diving and had the best massages ever! The spa is a must.
Alaa on our beach bar was sooo attentive. Hamdy in the restaurant was so kind and thoughtful.
The pool is lovely and warm, the sun shone and the food in all restaurants of a very high standard. A fabulous Christmas.
If you are considering this hotel I highly recommend it and if you can go for a suite!

Room Tip: Suites are huge and with many benefits including a cabana
Dear guest,

First of all we want to thank you for your positive feedback about our resort. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for joining us on this special Christmas Gala.
We hope that we can welcome you again and make your stay even more fabulous as this one.

The hotel management

Been to Sunrise Grand Select Crystal Bay Resort? Share your experiences!