“Loved it !” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Cairo, Egypt
“Loved it !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

after I left I couldn't help but miss this lovely experience. I loved the awesome view from my room and the amazing beach. I loved the food ( thanks for Mr Anwar and moustafa) they had food delivered to my room as I had a flu . I loved the pool ( thanks to ahmed and Ramadan ) watched over me from drowning :D I loved the animation team ( thanks to the amazing momo) got me laughing like crazy so talented. I loved the shopping bazaar ( thanks to mr sherif ) I'm surely coming back ASAP :)
Much love, Ingy

• Stayed February 2014
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Ingybahaa,

Many thanks for completing a positive Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our property.

Glad to hear that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and had good relaxing holiday , you were satisfied and happy with our staff services rendered , good quality and speed of room service and variety , also you liked your room location and view and enjoyed animation programs and entertainment shows . kindly note that I will be sharing your kind comments with all my colleagues as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future, when we assure to your good-self that no efforts will be spared to make you stay as comfortable as you would wish.

Kind regards,

Personal Assistant to General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Liversedge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in January 2014 and was disappointed with the hotel in general. The rooms were extremely tired, there was lots of smoking in the bar area - there is a non smoking area away from the bar but you got badly bitten by Mosquitos.

Food was ok, you could manage to get something to eat each meal and the chefs were helpful if you took time to talk to them which was appreciated.

Drinks, disgusting! The wine was like paint stripper. We tried red, white and rose and not one of them was palatable, unless you have no taste buds. Cocktails were cocktails in name only, certainly not the standard I have been used to on previous holidays in Egypt.

The bar staff, especially Sayed and Ahmed were great and looked after us well.

Also agree that the beach staff were very good and the gardeners were extremely pleasant, only wish I could say the same about the management who did not seem to want to be seen as approachable, or to appreciate their staff.

At no point previous to our stay were we told there was maintenance work being carried out, listening to workmen every day is not relaxing!

The area outside the hotel is like a building site, you certainly would not want to take a walk outside of the hotel grounds.

We were also asked on numerous occasions to put a 5 star rating on trip advisor. As much as I would love to do this for the staff who looked after us, I would not be giving an honest opinion to anyone looking at Trip Advisor for a factual review.

Would I return, NO, definitely not Hilton standard.

Stayed February 2014
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Really loved this hotel from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave they cannot do enough for you. Yes the bathrooms are a little tired and some of the tiles around the pool are cracked but you can over look this because of the wonderful staff and the the fabulous views. I would recommend going all inclusive as there are very few resturants outside of the hotel but the food was fine, I am a very fussy eater and every day I found more than enough to eat. Would recommend this to anybody that is look for a very relaxing break in the sunshine. This hotel is a little way from the main hotel/shopping area but there is a free nightly shuttle from the hotel to the shops and to be honest a taxi does cost a huge amount if you wanted to stay out later than the shuttle.

Room Tip: All rooms have a wonderful sea view so you can't really go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Sungoddess79 ,

Glad to hear that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and had good relaxing holiday and were satisfied and happy with our staff services rendered , good food variety and quality and your room location and view . kindly note that I will be sharing your kind comments with all my colleagues as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us.

Kind regards,

Wallingford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel is at the Northern end of Hurghada which means that you are away from the centre and somewhat isolated. The majority of other hotels are at the Southern end. To take a taxi (don’t book in the hotel!) costs 10 Egyptian Pounds (about £1) after bargaining. A free bus will take you to down town at 6pm and returns at 8pm. The rooms are of a good size, with balconies, but are in need of refurbishment: we rejected our first ‘upgraded’ room as there were chips out of the bath and some fixtures were rusty.
We were unlucky as the wind was quite strong from the North which meant that you needed to shelter from it. However, the staff on the beach ensured that we had wind breaks instantly provided for us.
The self service restaurant can be busy. Because of the mix of the many nationalities and dietary requirements of the guests it does try to please all but falls into the trap of not really pleasing anybody, I’m afraid. The 'inclusive' wine was not good: the white was undrinkable - the red and the rose not much better.
The ground floor is well appointed, the pool and the beach are excellent. The failings mentioned above are considerably mitigated by the high quality of the staff throughout the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and all tasks were promptly dealt with - accompanied by a smile.
A ‘must do’ day out is a trip to Mahmya. A trip on a modern boat, great snorkelling and a pleasant lunch. Various ‘deals’ on this; we booked via Thompson.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Broadway, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Just enjoyed a lovely week here. The hotel, it's true, is a little tired (they are expanding and renovating at the moment) but spotlessly clean. The gardens are beautiful and sea view excellent. What makes it one of the most enjoyable stays I have had in any hotel in the world (more enjoyable than in posher places) is the superb staff. They are so friendly, polite, hard-working and really can't do enough to cater for you and make you happy. In the restaurant I would mention waiter Yahia (and Mahmoud)who looked after us superbly; the Executive sous chef (sorry can't remember his name) whose charm, enthusiasm and attention to detail was second to none and who made a special dish for my wife; the very helpful and pleasant DJ Youssef; our wonderful room cleaner ( room 621) who made all sorts of witty shapes with the towels such as hearts and swans; and the fantastic Mr Adel Hawary, in charge of the private beach. It was mostly windy (perhaps avoid February as it is often windy and also the Egyptian holiday season so the hotel was quite crowded) and Adel always had our loungers ready well protected with wind breakers and extra towels. He could not be more helpful and was always immediately on hand if one needed anything. He was assisted by a great team, and we were impressed with the scrupulous daily inspection Adel carried out with his boss (again, didn't get his name) to make sure the sand was clean and facilities in good order. I should also mention Mahommed Fatty on the animation team who tried with great good humour, and failed, to get my wife to join the exercise class. Great guy.
The food was excellent, particularly the salads, breads, freshly barbecued fish and meat, fantastic soups, breakfasts (including an interesting wheat porridge my wife took to, and fresh omelettes etc.), wine and beer. Everything was included. We could have eaten in the a la carte once as part of the deal but didn't feel the need to. The biggest challenge was to avoid over eating because it was all so delicious.

Hurghada the town is not the most lovely place so apart from a couple of walks we stuck to the hotel. When they finish their extension work there will be more space for walking within the hotel.

Thank you to everyone in the hotel for all your efforts. Much appreciated

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear shm40 ,

Thank you so much for completing a positive Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel. Great to read that in general you and your boyfriend enjoyed your holiday and were satisfied with the service rendered, I will share your lovely comments with my colleagues , who will appreciate it so much .

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at your second home Hilton Hurghada Plaza .

cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I would like to thank everyone in your staff for their hospitality and cooperation .every member of your team did his tasks perfectly more than expected. They succeed to make your hotel is the only place I will chose with my family in any vacation All the best for you

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

MehdiOthmani, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear HeshamG ,

Thank you for the time you spared to write your positive feedback about your experience at Hilton Hurghada Plaza on trip advisor. It was our pleasure to read that in general you had joyful holiday and you were satisfied with hour hospitality and staff services rendered .
My pleasure to share your kind comments with my colleagues, who will appreciate your lovely warm comments and feedback , as your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Absolutely amazing hotel, staff, facilities and food!

I literally want to live there, didn't want to leave.

Room was always spotless after being cleaned (loved the swans and hearts they made out of the towels) , staff were really helpful and friendly; always remembered your name and said hello everytime they'd see you.

Other than doing activities outside of the hotel, we spent most of our time enjoying the sun and the facilities at this amazing place.

5* isn't enough for this hotel, but unfortunately, it wont let me rate any higher.

Myself and my Boyfriend will definately be back again!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Amy192,

Personal Assistant to General Manager

Been to Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your experiences!