“If this was my first time in Egypt it would probably be my last!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From $100
Ranked #11 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
tunbridge wells
“If this was my first time in Egypt it would probably be my last!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We are still at the hotel at the moment , a impressive building on the beach wonderful view of sea and pool , but feel trapped!
We booked this break through emperor dives as diving break for husband as a b&b but quickly relised that we would have to up to all inclusive or go hungry!
Not sure if they are putting up or pulling down most of the buildings surrounding the hotel.
Nearest restaurant or bars are 10 mins in taxi we are told.
It is along time between meals for families with children and know where to buy snacks.We had lunch at 1 and it's a long time until 7!!!
Ice cream between 12 & 2 when people are at lunch is not much maybe another 2 hour slot later?
The beach restaurant is closed so all food served in main hotel where you need to ask if you want to sit outside.
An outside bar where you can sit and have a drink like an adult would be good ......the plastic cups they serve beer in on beach and by pool are a joke.

• Stayed September 2013
Hilton Hurghada P, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you so much for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your actual stay at our Hotel. I am so happy that you are enjoying the wonderful view of sea and pool.

As an all-inclusive guest you have unlimited access to our afternoon snacks offered daily at our coral café terrace from 16:00 thru 18:00, our guests have full choice to sit inside or outside as per their liking.

Because of the very low occupancy the hotels in Egypt have been going thru the last few months, we have opened our iconic a la carte restaurant “Gandolla” for diner along with the main restaurant so as to give more dining choices to our guests.

For the safety of the small kids, being a family hotel, we have chosen not to use any glass at the beach or around the pool however all drinks in the indoor outlets are served in glass.

The building in front of the hotel is going to be a Shopping Mall including supermarket, branded International and National shops, restaurant with international cuisines, diving pool and kids area…
As per the area behind the hotel, this will be the 200 new beautiful and spacious rooms, all with ocean/marina views.

Indeed, a 10 minute taxi drive is the average to get to the nearest restaurant in the city, however at only 5 minutes’ walk from the hotel on your left hand side you can find many bars, small local shops, pharmacies…

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Hurghada Plaza in the soonest future, where we will do every possible effort to make your stay as much pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Sincerely yours,
Mehdi Othmani – General Manager

732 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

First of all it was my first time to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and it was really great hotel .
All the stuff are really helpful and friendly. At the beginning when we entered hurghada City we lost our way to the hotel and we decided to call the hotel to guide us and i called the hotel and i asked the operator to tell me how can i come to the hotel , he transferred the call to the limousine office and the man whom answered me from the limousine office he was very helpful and and he offered me to take his personal cellphone number in order to reach him easily in case we lost our way again.
Once we arrived to the hotel we made our check in very easy and in a few minutes which is never happened before with me in most of the Hilton hotels.During finishing the check in i found some one from the security talking to my friend once he entered the lobby and my friend he is a Police officer and inside his back bag his Personal weapon during this short conversation between my friend and the Security guy the Hotel Security Manager came and asked my friend to give him his personal weapon and he kept it inside his Private storage which is really safe and he will get it back once we cheeked out, the security Manager was very decent and friendly to him and he also finished this within a few minutes.
Finally we got our amazing room it was really nice one , the view from our room was amazing and it was meeting our expectations but we faced a problem after 15 minutes from staying in our room that we heard a lot of noise coming from the room next to us we realized that some babies are crying and we couldn't sleep because of this noise.
i went down to the reception and i told them that we need to change the room and the receptionist was very helpful and he change it on the spot.
Our stay was Pretty good but we do not like the food that much and the during the first 3 days we didn't see any one of the animation team and the hotel was almost empty but we decided to extend our stay for one more night because we enjoined the weather and the sea.
I went to the reception to ask them to extend our stay for 1 more night and i met at the reception Mr. Mohamed Mahmoud , this guy was very polite and helpful and i couldn't forget this guy because of his politeness and his help, he extended our stay for another night and when we faced some problems with the electricity in our room he was very helpful.
so far our stay was not bad i can give the hotel 9 out of 10 .
I would like to Thank all the Employees in the hotel starting from the house keeping, waiters , barman , all the reception team specially Mr.Mohamed Mahmoud and the Security Manager.
But here is only 1 concern for the Hotel upper Management, you have to take care from the Hilton reputation because i found most of the guests during my stay was very low level and you have to take handle this issue.

Room Tip: The Best Rooms are in the 6th Floor left corner
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hilton Hurghada P, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you so much for completing a detailed Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel.

Great to see you relaxed and enjoyed your holiday and experienced all the hotel facilities during your holiday. I will forward all your nice appreciation to all our staff who will appreciate it so much.

Thank you for comment about guest, however at Hilton Plaza all guests are treated with respect and courtesy regardless their back ground.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon to your Hilton Hurghada Plaza

Regards,
Mehdi Othmani, GM - Hilton Hurghada Plaza
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Well firstly the travel co took us to another Hilton which was a lot sadder than this one! We'd booked a deluxe sea view. The bell boy took us down stairs - strange never been downstairs in a hotel before! Omg we were shown a room straight off the main through fair if you stood on your toes you could see the sea. It was disgusting I refused to stay there was no way it was deluxe! Any way after a chat with the manage we ended up on the top floor at the end of the corridor. This was great it had a huge wrap around balcony with plenty of sea views/sunsets/pool etc. GREAT.
Unfortunately we didn't realise it was an Egyptian holiday the place was full if them. That wouldn't have been a problem if they hadn't dominated everywhere especially ,meal times. They took tons of food and put it in the middle of the table then wasted most of it. Also on the beach they screamed and shouted all of the time! I saved one of them from drowning and all he did was spit! I must have offended him would I save him next time? .......? The guy on the beach was fab very helpful and kind. There were very few fish in the water not like sharme el sheik tons there very disappointing. The animation team very chatty polite and happy. Entertainment wise not very good. Probably a lot to due with lack of joining in by guests. Food was well let's put it this way I lost nine pounds in weight on an all inclusive shall I say more?
The hotel it self is old but still looked better than a lot of the hotels we saw when we went on our only little trip into town. It was pure hell! Hastle is not the word for it don't they ever learn?
The hotel staff are lovely and friendly. All in all wont be returning or recommending hurghada.

Room Tip: Choose an end of corridor room for a massive balcony. Higher the better don't go downstairs!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Hurghada P, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit to our Hotel.

We take both negative and positive comments very seriously as they help us to review our service standards for the future.
I am sorry that the first room was not up to your expectation. However, I am happy to see you enjoyed the superior deluxe room on the Top floor .

As you mentioned, the period you stayed with us was the Egyptian school’s holiday and indeed we had lot of kids joining their families as this is the culture of this beautiful country.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back during the school season so that you experience the other face of our amazing resort.

General Manager – Hilton Hurghada Plaza
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Every year I go to Hurghada with my family two or three times, This is not the first time that I spend a vacation in Hilton Plaza Hurghada but this time it was the worst holiday in my life due to stay in Hilton Plaza Hurghada. The air-conditioning was very poor and noisy, The food was very poor and not delicious, Causing in the sense that the food disgusting and we did not find what we eat making us eat outside the hotel.
The general level of hotel guests during the stay was very low level, large groups of hotel guests came through discounted prices for clubs and churches,,,,,,,
Causing a sense of the rest of the hotel guests that they are in the public beach.
We saw people swimming in the sea without wearing swimwear.
Finally I finished this tragedy to move to another hotel and found a big difference in everything.
Therefore, I advise everyone do not go to this hotel in the future.
This administration tarnished the reputation of Hilton hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Hurghada P, General Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for completing a review on your recent visit.
I am very sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent visit. I have asked the Front Office Department why they did not contact me when you departed the hotel early and they informed me that you did not share any of your concerns during your stay or during your check out which I regret as I am sure we could have found many solutions.
I discussed the issue of the noisy air-condition with the Chief Engineer and the same has been fixed. Concerning your comment about food not being delicious, I can confirm that we are catering to more than 12 nationalities with different tastes and likings that we try satisfy as we must keep a balance, however your comments were discussed with our executive chef who will take them into consideration.

We share the access to the water with the Marina, diving school, water sport station and owners of the many leisure boats. It is regretted that we cannot be held responsible for the behavior of other swimmers, however I took careful note and will closely monitor this.

We appreciate all your comments as this enables us to review our service standards and take the relevant action to ensure that we continually improve our guest’s experience.
GM – Hilton Hurghda Plaza
Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

the hotel is very nice and the people very helpful specially the resturant team, the sea is very beutiful ,the rooms is excellent the view is fantastic and all bars is very nice drinks , every thing is nice

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for completing a TA Review on your recent stay in our Hotel.

Great to see you enjoyed your time with us. Our F&B Team will really appreciate these comments.

Hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

General Manager – Hilton Hurghada Plaza
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Dear \ hilton blaza team

As usual hilton blaza team made their best works . Every stay see newest show
I'm very happy to.come back to my favorite place with my best diamond team

Thanks for all managers , stuff
Great thanks for animation team with leader (Momo) who make me laugh and enjoy with shows

Mohamed Adel

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for completing a Trip Advisor Review on our Hotel.

We appreciate your comments and I will ensure they are passed onto Momo and all the team members, indeed the main asset of the Hotel is the team member and they really can make a difference.

We hope to see you again soon

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have just returned from eight wonderful days. Actually from the moment we arrived, the reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The highlight for us and the ones that really made the vacation so special for us throughout each day were the animation team " Momo , Liza and Vica.I would like to say that the animation team were the best and certainly love their jobs. I would also like to say a big thank you to all of them as they really work very hard in order to satisfy their guests. I will definitely come back again and i hope the animation team remains the same as they work so well together. Thank you all for your nice hospitality

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you on behalf of the team for your kind comments.
Indeed the reception staff are very friendly and helpful and the Animation Team love an opportunity to celebrate, dance and sing especially when our geusts join them.
We hope to welcome you soon

Mehdi Othmani

Been to Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your experiences!