“The best in Hurghada, probably in Egypt” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #16 of 182 hotels in Hurghada
Cairo, Egypt
“The best in Hurghada, probably in Egypt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I went to Hurghada many times before and stayed in hotels such as Sindbad, Royal palace, Golden Five and in Egypt i tried Sharm el sheikh hotels like Crown plaza, Hilton sharks bay, Piramisa and many more in Nuwaiba,Taba etc. i have never been to a hotel and had the same experience, Let me sum up the experience:

Pros:
1- Express check-in even very early at 11am (we asked immedietly when we arrived, how fast can we check in? and the representative answered in 3 minutes and we did!
2- We chose a room with a good sea view and we were given a room in the 6th floor with the best view
3- The room had the best/biggest LCD TV, The most comfortable bed
4- The staff was very helpful, Polite and cheerful especially the front desk representatives
5- The swimming pool had very good sunbeds with c shaped umbrella like design
6- The beach had amazing/private barriers around your sunbeds to give you the best view (We felt that we are on the beach alone)
7- The spa is a bliss! a very nice touch to relax after a long day of swimming/water sports
8- We went to the front desk to request lat check-out, he asked how late? we said around 3? he said done! yeah this fast.

Cons:
1- In the all inclusive paper we got it said there is a snack bar on the seafood restaurant at lunch time but there wasn't.
2- The spa employees weren't this friendly but they got the job done, They also used to stare while passing beside the jacuzzi which made us uncomfortable (We understand that they are a different company and not in hilton's hotels school but i recommend they should go through some classes.
3- The food variety in the main restaurant isn't big and only 1 restaurant was available that was included in the all inclusive.

A little tip - Include a photo with every room on the website to show the view as we were hesitant to chose this property but when we saw some of the photos her in tripadvisor we decided to go and even that didn't give the view enough credit.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 6th or the 5th floor and you don't have to take the corner room for the vi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning the snack bar, and food variety by the main restaurant, which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

With respect to your comment concerning SPA staff, kindly be informed that I have relayed your valuable insights to the concessionaire in order to take his immediate actions in this respect.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Plaza. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

809 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I believe that quite few words have been said about this hotel: "slow lifts", "needs renovation" and etc... We had no problems with the elevators even if we had to wait for a minute or so - what's the rush? Furniture is not up-to-date? So what? How much time anyone spends in the room in a place like this?
The more important thing is that whenever you get down to the beach you always find available sunbeds. View is really stunning, STAFF IS GREAT (friendly, well-mannered, even if some of the guys don't smile much this doesn't mean anything - still they do fine job), territory is green, heated pool, food quality is assured (even if the variety is not too big), fastest check-in i 've ever seen in in my life, close to the airport and quite close to the center, sleep quality is great No free wi-fi? Thank God to that - otherwise I would have spent half of the days working :)
Can say one thing for sure: new management improved quite a lot of things.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning slow elevators and old furniture , which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

A beautiful picturesque seaside resort with stunning sea views from our room.
Our sincere thanks for the hotel staff for making our visit welcoming. We have to start with the reception and marketing staff Elin and Mariam ,housekeeping Mohammed Ali for his warmth and sincerity to all the restaurant staff including Sherif,Yahia and especially Samar.Not forgetting Adel and his cheerful welcome and beautiful maintained pool. La gondola restaurant was especially good.
If you want a relaxing break with sun, good food, beautiful ambience, good value and friendly professional staff then you cannot go far wrong with this venue.
Small downsides are dated bathroom with leaking shower which others have mentioned, and music at the pool went on a little too long for us
Thanks to everyone for a great Easter break.
Tim and Rachel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive feedback as well as your decent compliments, please rest assured that I will relay all these decent compliments to our Team Members. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and hope that we have met your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I always read reviews on Trip Advisor before travelling to any hotel, and Hilton plaza was no exception. I saw reviews here that the hotel furniture & facilities are old and need renovations, and I saw a promise from the manager that the hotel will be renovated in Jan 2013.

However, after my visit (March-2013), I noticed that this promise is still not fulfilled and the complain still applies as the furniture in the room and the hotel facilities still seem old and worn out. I saw some work ongoing to repair worn out walls and fences, but still, the lift was out of service three times during my four day visit and my room furniture and facilities seemed old and in need of improvement.

My visit was on 20-March-2013, for a four day stay with my wife and child. The staff are really friendly and supportive.

The food in the hotel lacked variety and was average.

The animation team are not entertaining and have caused me and my wife to leave the pool one time because they held up a bikini contest, which was not family appropriate.

The view from my room, in the 6th floor, was magnificient, however, the lobby is very loud and can be herd in my room, which makes sleeping difficult sometimes as the animation team continues till almost midnight.

To sum up:

Pros:
- There are many activities on the beach.
- View from the rooms is amazing.
- Hotel is close to the airport.
- Staff are friendly.
- Pool water is heated.

Cons:
- Facilities need some maintenance and more care.
- Food quality and variety are average.
- Animation team are not entertaining, and not family considerate.
- Activities in the lobby are very loud and can be herd everywhere.
- Hotel is far from the center of the city (about 30 min drive).

Room Tip: Rooms on the last (6th) floor have a magnificient view and are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HIHRG-Plaza, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

With respect to your decent comment concerning old property, I hereby assure your good-self that Hurghada Plaza has been scheduled for master-plan that was supposed to start on Dec, 2011. unfortunately due to circumstances in Egypt the Licenses for the construction phase has been postponed to May 2013.

Please rest assured that our guests satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we spare no efforts in ensuring this at all times, and that we are working on your valuable comments concerning more variety of food, changing the Animation Team, as well as quietness of lobby; and will always be targeting to and saving no effort to meet & exceed your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton, and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Hurghada, Egypt.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza, or any Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Hotels in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

As a loyal member to the Hilton Chain since 2006, I tend to review their hotels in a fair way considering the current country situation that would for sure affect their service, supply and upkeep.

The day I stepped in I was down a bit by the hotel area, the lunch was basic with no varieties, yet I was still betting over the staff, and I was right :)

Thanks to her, Elena, the guest relation manager, who showed up and asked about everything, when she heard my comments, she made her move.

The very next day we were treated like kings, me and my friends, I was really happy, Hilton Staff never let me down.

Again, Thank you Elena, Thank You Chef Adel, Thank You Chef Raafat, I hope these thanks would reach you somehow and thanks to every single personnel in Hilton, you have changed my mind after your nice and positive gestures, you are doing great job during the hard times we are all passing thru.

Pros:
1- The staff are friendly and attending to fine details.
2- Animation team is active all around.
3- Feedbacks are taken seriously and immediately.

Cons:
1- Location is poor, no POIs around.
2- Renovation is seriously needed.
3- Room Upkeep shall be more frequent.
3- More activities to be considered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HIHRG-Plaza, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning variety of food during Lunch for your first day of arrival. Please accept my sincere apologize, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

With respect to your decent comment concerning old property, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been scheduled for master-plan to construct new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying a comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property, that was supposed to start last year , but as you know and due to revolution circumstances this big project has been postponed to May, 2014.

Also, with respect to your valuable comment concerning more activities, I have relayed this to the concerned Management, in order to revise and revive our daily activities , adding more Night ENT Shows, competitions around the pool and on the beach as well.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Check in 20-3-2013. I am really surprised , I asked my self several times is that really Hilton hotel ? . it is really poor in everything , rooms need a lot of maintenance specially doors and the whole bathroom. Food is really bad no taste , not fresh , and no variety . I do not recommend really to try it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HIHRG-Plaza, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to assure your good-self; that I have communicated your comments to the concerned department heads for immediate investigation and to take whatever necessary actions, if applicable. Kindly allow us 48 hours to review the case. Our Quality Control Department will contact you directly via your email recorded in our system.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valuable guests such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services. We want you as our loyal guest and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very green and cozy hotel with perfect personnel.
A little bit far from a city centre.
A lot of activities to do - pool, billiard, big and small tennis, mini golf, animation, surfing, water sports.
maybe more were expected from interior.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your grading concerning, rooms furniture and sleeping quality, which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your experiences!