“Thank You Hilton Staff...Thank you Elena,Raafat and Adel!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - From $100
Ranked #16 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Cairo, Egypt
“Thank You Hilton Staff...Thank you Elena,Raafat and Adel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

As a loyal member to the Hilton Chain since 2006, I tend to review their hotels in a fair way considering the current country situation that would for sure affect their service, supply and upkeep.

The day I stepped in I was down a bit by the hotel area, the lunch was basic with no varieties, yet I was still betting over the staff, and I was right :)

Thanks to her, Elena, the guest relation manager, who showed up and asked about everything, when she heard my comments, she made her move.

The very next day we were treated like kings, me and my friends, I was really happy, Hilton Staff never let me down.

Again, Thank you Elena, Thank You Chef Adel, Thank You Chef Raafat, I hope these thanks would reach you somehow and thanks to every single personnel in Hilton, you have changed my mind after your nice and positive gestures, you are doing great job during the hard times we are all passing thru.

Pros:
1- The staff are friendly and attending to fine details.
2- Animation team is active all around.
3- Feedbacks are taken seriously and immediately.

Cons:
1- Location is poor, no POIs around.
2- Renovation is seriously needed.
3- Room Upkeep shall be more frequent.
3- More activities to be considered.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HIHRG-Plaza, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning variety of food during Lunch for your first day of arrival. Please accept my sincere apologize, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

With respect to your decent comment concerning old property, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been scheduled for master-plan to construct new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying a comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property, that was supposed to start last year , but as you know and due to revolution circumstances this big project has been postponed to May, 2014.

Also, with respect to your valuable comment concerning more activities, I have relayed this to the concerned Management, in order to revise and revive our daily activities , adding more Night ENT Shows, competitions around the pool and on the beach as well.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Plaza. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

757 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Check in 20-3-2013. I am really surprised , I asked my self several times is that really Hilton hotel ? . it is really poor in everything , rooms need a lot of maintenance specially doors and the whole bathroom. Food is really bad no taste , not fresh , and no variety . I do not recommend really to try it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
HIHRG-Plaza, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to assure your good-self; that I have communicated your comments to the concerned department heads for immediate investigation and to take whatever necessary actions, if applicable. Kindly allow us 48 hours to review the case. Our Quality Control Department will contact you directly via your email recorded in our system.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valuable guests such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services. We want you as our loyal guest and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very green and cozy hotel with perfect personnel.
A little bit far from a city centre.
A lot of activities to do - pool, billiard, big and small tennis, mini golf, animation, surfing, water sports.
maybe more were expected from interior.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your grading concerning, rooms furniture and sleeping quality, which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Hotel location is great near to city center ,panoramic view of the sea.many thanks to all employee there who are extremely nice and helpfulness thanks to Mostafa ashraf who is working in the main restaurant and also to reception assistant manager.
We faced a problem that the hotel is not switching on the cold air condition ,due that they have one unit that is working hot.We are passing in hot weather while we were there and this extremely bothers us, cause they should give us the space to choose as we do not to be obliged,the front desk assistant manager helped by sending a fan,Really this was not expected from five stars hotels but thanks to him he tried to help as much as he can.other than that every thing was beyond expectation .super

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning possibilities of regulating Heating /Cooling system in the room, which I have relayed to the relevant Building Autmation System Team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

the worst Hilton I have ever been, 3 stars. Needs maintenance. Nice beach and diving center. Food was sometimes tasteless. Pizza in Italian restaurant was raw and I wasn’t able to finish it. A lot of Russian tourists.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not totally satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations in terms of old property, quality of food and Pizza. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valuable guests such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I would like to assure your good-self; that I have communicated your comments to the concerned department heads for immediate investigation and to take whatever immediate corrective actions.

With respect to your comment concerning old property, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza is currently proceeding with a master-plan that supposed to start by the end of 2013 , for constructing new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying a comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property.

Last month we had installed new 40" LCDs to all guestrooms , in addition to installing new Sweet Dreams mattresses to grant serenity sleeping experience.

We place a great value on your continued relationship with Hilton, and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Hurghada, Egypt.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza, or any Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Hotels in the near future.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

It's my 4 th time in this hotel. And the cheapest rooms, in my experience are the best. I really like to stay in the bungalows across the street, closeby the spa and a swimmingpool. it's quiet. The staff every is amazing though, i did find out dome changes took place in management in the Spa. The ukrain manager can speak a word english, which is disappointing.

However, this Hilton is cat.5, so very different then what you would expect with a cat.1(like luxor), but also the prices are 1/8th of the prices in Luxor... It's just all about much you want to spent for quality. No, for highest quality i Steigenberger Al Dau, but for best value of my money I chose this hilton.

Room Tip: 7044 is a very nice room with small kitchen
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning maitaining better of quality , which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

with respect to your decent comment concerning the SPA Manager, kindly be informed that I have relayed your point of view to the concerned Tenant.

St Leonards on Sea, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Having just returned from a week at Hilton Plaza, I find it difficult to be unkind about anything during our stay.
Picking up on other reviews, it is obvious that this is an older style Hilton, and plainly obvious that a renovation is needed, All of our requests were met, high floor room, late check out, no problem. We had no problem with slow lifts and in relation to food quality, yes we have had better, but for the price we paid were more than satisfied. It is great to eat at a hotel in Egypt where food quality is assured, and you do not get a dodgy tummy.
I would like to say how kind and attentive all the waiting staff were, Khaled and Amr spoilt us, but all were brilliant. The chefs were great ant the maitre d was a very decent guy. Regarding the comment about pancakes, my wife said they were beautiful, always had hers freshly cooked and the doughnuts were to die for.
Think we were the only Brits there, I see enough of them every day. Met some very nice Danes, Polish and Russian people which we enjoyed.
So in conclusion we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and apart from the planned improvements, the only bad bits were no free wi fi, and a poor sound system in the disco which ruined what would have been a brilliant Whirling Dervish show.
The hotel limousine service is far safer than using a Taxi, and the Egyptian people are among the kindest you will meet.

Room Tip: High floor rooms best, use left hand side of restaurant, hotel for airport transfers
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive feedback as well as your decent compliments, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

With respect to your decent comment concerning old property, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza will be proceeding with a master-plan, for constructing new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property, this project is expect to start by the end of 2013.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and hope that we have met your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

HILTON HURGHADA PLAZA

Been to Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your experiences!