“expected more” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 176 hotels in Hurghada
Tallinn, Estonia
“expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

the worst Hilton I have ever been, 3 stars. Needs maintenance. Nice beach and diving center. Food was sometimes tasteless. Pizza in Italian restaurant was raw and I wasn’t able to finish it. A lot of Russian tourists.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not totally satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations in terms of old property, quality of food and Pizza. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valuable guests such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I would like to assure your good-self; that I have communicated your comments to the concerned department heads for immediate investigation and to take whatever immediate corrective actions.

With respect to your comment concerning old property, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza is currently proceeding with a master-plan that supposed to start by the end of 2013 , for constructing new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying a comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property.

Last month we had installed new 40" LCDs to all guestrooms , in addition to installing new Sweet Dreams mattresses to grant serenity sleeping experience.

We place a great value on your continued relationship with Hilton, and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Hurghada, Egypt.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza, or any Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Hotels in the near future.

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

It's my 4 th time in this hotel. And the cheapest rooms, in my experience are the best. I really like to stay in the bungalows across the street, closeby the spa and a swimmingpool. it's quiet. The staff every is amazing though, i did find out dome changes took place in management in the Spa. The ukrain manager can speak a word english, which is disappointing.

However, this Hilton is cat.5, so very different then what you would expect with a cat.1(like luxor), but also the prices are 1/8th of the prices in Luxor... It's just all about much you want to spent for quality. No, for highest quality i Steigenberger Al Dau, but for best value of my money I chose this hilton.

Room Tip: 7044 is a very nice room with small kitchen
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning maitaining better of quality , which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

with respect to your decent comment concerning the SPA Manager, kindly be informed that I have relayed your point of view to the concerned Tenant.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Plaza. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

St Leonards on Sea, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Having just returned from a week at Hilton Plaza, I find it difficult to be unkind about anything during our stay.
Picking up on other reviews, it is obvious that this is an older style Hilton, and plainly obvious that a renovation is needed, All of our requests were met, high floor room, late check out, no problem. We had no problem with slow lifts and in relation to food quality, yes we have had better, but for the price we paid were more than satisfied. It is great to eat at a hotel in Egypt where food quality is assured, and you do not get a dodgy tummy.
I would like to say how kind and attentive all the waiting staff were, Khaled and Amr spoilt us, but all were brilliant. The chefs were great ant the maitre d was a very decent guy. Regarding the comment about pancakes, my wife said they were beautiful, always had hers freshly cooked and the doughnuts were to die for.
Think we were the only Brits there, I see enough of them every day. Met some very nice Danes, Polish and Russian people which we enjoyed.
So in conclusion we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and apart from the planned improvements, the only bad bits were no free wi fi, and a poor sound system in the disco which ruined what would have been a brilliant Whirling Dervish show.
The hotel limousine service is far safer than using a Taxi, and the Egyptian people are among the kindest you will meet.

Room Tip: High floor rooms best, use left hand side of restaurant, hotel for airport transfers
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive feedback as well as your decent compliments, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

With respect to your decent comment concerning old property, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza will be proceeding with a master-plan, for constructing new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property, this project is expect to start by the end of 2013.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and hope that we have met your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This Hilton is way below in terms of facilities and looks than the other Hilton chain hotels. It requires a complete makeover. The cold and tiled corridors to rooms stretch almost 100 metres both ways from the lifts. Room doors still use the conventional door knob and key. Lifts are very slow.

Restaurant food is pretty lacking in variety and is largely non-western styled. **Pancakes at breakfast tastes very bad. However, BBQ items during dinner were great.

The beach down at the resort was decent with its attached marina where diving and semi-submersible boat begin their tours.

As with any other hotels in Hurghada, majority of guests will be from Russia which is probably why the hotel is usually almost fully booked therefore getting a preferred room of your choice may be difficult.

Room Tip: Request for rooms near the lifts. Extreme end rooms have huge L-shaped balconies. Almost all rooms h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not satisfied enough with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations in terms of variety of food & quality of Pancakes by the restaurant, which I have relayed to the concerned department for immediate action, whenever possible . Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valuable guests such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

With respect to your decent comment concerning old property that needs a Makeover, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been scheduled for a master-plan of constructing new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying a comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property. Hopefully this Master-plan will start by end of 2013.

Please rest assured that our guests satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we spare no efforts in ensuring this at all times. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton, and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Hurghada, Egypt.

Cairo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been to other Hiltons; and this one is not at all on the same level.

The hotel needs immediate re-innovation because most of the facilities (even the rooms) are worn out or out dated.

The service is good, the food is just good, the beach is good, the pool is very small for a hotel this size!

The animation team keeps trying to sell you tickets for disco parties; but they're still nice.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room nearer to the pool area, because most of the facilities are located there
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not satisfied enough with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations in terms of old property that needs a renovation, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been scheduled for a master-plan of constructing new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying a comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property.

athens gr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed on 3 different occasions in Hilton Plaza Hurghada over the last 3 years.
The sleeping quality is great, the rooms are huge and the whole hotel is clean.
The food is average, the beach is just ok (after all we are in Egypt, not in the Greek Cyclades).
The personnel hard working and helpful.

It is not a 5* Hilton though, perhaps 4 stars should be a better description.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: the higher floor the better for the views of the red sea.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning better enhancements for food quality & variety & ambiance of the beach , which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Very good. We stayed for a week and enjoyed it very much (still here) bar and restaurant service very good but food in fish restaurant is non existent and the Italian is not worth a visit. The main restaurant is ok and there is plenty if that's what you like. The staff are all very attentive and polite and do act on your comments. Would stay again with out a doubt.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning fish
Restaurant and the Italian Restaurant , which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

HILTON HURGHADA PLAZA

Been to Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your experiences!