“Just Average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Cairo
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been to other Hiltons; and this one is not at all on the same level.

The hotel needs immediate re-innovation because most of the facilities (even the rooms) are worn out or out dated.

The service is good, the food is just good, the beach is good, the pool is very small for a hotel this size!

The animation team keeps trying to sell you tickets for disco parties; but they're still nice.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room nearer to the pool area, because most of the facilities are located there
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not satisfied enough with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations in terms of old property that needs a renovation, I am delight to reassure your good self that Hilton Hurghada Plaza has been scheduled for a master-plan of constructing new 120 rooms, commercial facilities, a big sea water swimming pool, a modern shopping mall next to the property, in addition to applying a comprehensive renovation and refurbishing the old property.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valuable guests such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton, and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Hurghada, Egypt.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza, or any Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Hotels in the near future.

732 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
athens gr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed on 3 different occasions in Hilton Plaza Hurghada over the last 3 years.
The sleeping quality is great, the rooms are huge and the whole hotel is clean.
The food is average, the beach is just ok (after all we are in Egypt, not in the Greek Cyclades).
The personnel hard working and helpful.

It is not a 5* Hilton though, perhaps 4 stars should be a better description.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: the higher floor the better for the views of the red sea.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning better enhancements for food quality & variety & ambiance of the beach , which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Plaza. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Very good. We stayed for a week and enjoyed it very much (still here) bar and restaurant service very good but food in fish restaurant is non existent and the Italian is not worth a visit. The main restaurant is ok and there is plenty if that's what you like. The staff are all very attentive and polite and do act on your comments. Would stay again with out a doubt.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning fish
Restaurant and the Italian Restaurant , which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

Worcester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked a last minute trip to Egypt and had never done all inclusive before and had never been to Egypt before. The hotel looks the same as the pictures and we were very happy to have chosen the Plaza. It's a little tired and need a renovatin but none the worse for that. The room was really nice and the view perfect. The aircon was noisy so we just left the doors open and enjoyed the cool breeze. The guy cleaning the rooms was a very friendly and we enjoyed the towel sculptures! It's a big building and the grounds are excellent and well maintained so it never seems full and over busy.
The food is pretty good and the choice is varied. As it seemed to be 90% Russian, the food was possibly more for their taste but that's no problem. We don't go to Egypt to have fish and chips!!
The jewel in the crown for the hotel is the staff. They are very attentive without being intrusive and always remembered the drinks we wanted. They are also friendly and happy to help if they can.
The beach is good and big enough and teh sea nice and warm. The watersports and trips on offer are varied and well priced. A special thanks to Ahmed who organises the trips and he is knowlegable, is honest about the trips and doesn't over sell them. Our highlight was swimming with the Dolphins and snorkeling on the reef. We had the fast boat and the crew were great fun and relaxed. The town centre is a short taxi ride away and well worth a visit but make sure you get Ahmed to book the car. We had the miss fortune to get stitched up by a local taxi driver in town but that's more down to me not being attentative enough.
Overall, the hotel is really really good and I would recommend it to anyone. We will certainly be back that's for sure

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have good views and there are seperate blocks of chalets
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your positive feedback as well as your decent compliments, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and hope that we have met your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

cairo,egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

there are always alot of things to do you cant imagine , it has a very big place you can walk at night in the awesome weather then sit next to the pool watch the show , then sit in the balcony enjoy the weather sit back and relax , you will find a huge variety of food to choose from , i advise you to go to the hilton hurgada plaza

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for the best part of a week.

I found the staff to be very friendly but not always very helpful, i.e they would try to help but were not very well trained.

My room was large but the furbishments were quite old.

The hotel pool was great - huge and clean, and there were tennis courts an a dive centre on the premises too.

Breakfast was, unfortunately, lousy. Was was hardly any food was non-lacto vegetarians and the staff again seemed unable to suggest any alternatives, so I ended up having the same crap breakfast every day for a week.

Lastly, there was a big confusion with the internet. My bill initially had about USD 300 charged to my account for internet extras - even though I had only signed up for 3 sessions that accounted for about USD 70. It turned out that the internet usage is only for 1 computer per session, even though this is never explained on sign up, and extra charges are just added to your account without you agreeing to it or it being explained to you.

I did complain and it was resolved but it was not a nice experience and took about 45 minutes of my time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not totally satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations staff helpfulness, rooms' furniture, availability of non-lacto vegetarians foods, and internet fees, which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable.

Please rest assured that our guests satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we spare no efforts in ensuring this at all times, and that we are working very hard with the brand to add the Wi-Fi service.

IASI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We love this hotel! We stayed here for 14 days.Brilliant management, staff is excellent, very responsible and friendly.
What I was impressed is the dignity that you display all staff, regardless of the position handle.
Everything is perfect!!
I don't want to offend anyone, but you have to employ more Egyptian women, as graceful Miriam at the reception, she represents for tourists the symbol of Egypt, perfection symphony for the senses of Egyptian women.
I wish each of you a good life, to be loved and to find your way in life.
Till we review, GOD BLESS YOU!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, October 21, 2012

HILTON HURGHADA PLAZA

Been to Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your experiences!