“Excellent hotel and staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #16 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel and staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked a last minute trip to Egypt and had never done all inclusive before and had never been to Egypt before. The hotel looks the same as the pictures and we were very happy to have chosen the Plaza. It's a little tired and need a renovatin but none the worse for that. The room was really nice and the view perfect. The aircon was noisy so we just left the doors open and enjoyed the cool breeze. The guy cleaning the rooms was a very friendly and we enjoyed the towel sculptures! It's a big building and the grounds are excellent and well maintained so it never seems full and over busy.
The food is pretty good and the choice is varied. As it seemed to be 90% Russian, the food was possibly more for their taste but that's no problem. We don't go to Egypt to have fish and chips!!
The jewel in the crown for the hotel is the staff. They are very attentive without being intrusive and always remembered the drinks we wanted. They are also friendly and happy to help if they can.
The beach is good and big enough and teh sea nice and warm. The watersports and trips on offer are varied and well priced. A special thanks to Ahmed who organises the trips and he is knowlegable, is honest about the trips and doesn't over sell them. Our highlight was swimming with the Dolphins and snorkeling on the reef. We had the fast boat and the crew were great fun and relaxed. The town centre is a short taxi ride away and well worth a visit but make sure you get Ahmed to book the car. We had the miss fortune to get stitched up by a local taxi driver in town but that's more down to me not being attentative enough.
Overall, the hotel is really really good and I would recommend it to anyone. We will certainly be back that's for sure

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have good views and there are seperate blocks of chalets
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Many thanks for your positive feedback as well as your decent compliments, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and hope that we have met your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

HILTON HURGHADA PLAZA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
cairo,egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

there are always alot of things to do you cant imagine , it has a very big place you can walk at night in the awesome weather then sit next to the pool watch the show , then sit in the balcony enjoy the weather sit back and relax , you will find a huge variety of food to choose from , i advise you to go to the hilton hurgada plaza

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here for the best part of a week.

I found the staff to be very friendly but not always very helpful, i.e they would try to help but were not very well trained.

My room was large but the furbishments were quite old.

The hotel pool was great - huge and clean, and there were tennis courts an a dive centre on the premises too.

Breakfast was, unfortunately, lousy. Was was hardly any food was non-lacto vegetarians and the staff again seemed unable to suggest any alternatives, so I ended up having the same crap breakfast every day for a week.

Lastly, there was a big confusion with the internet. My bill initially had about USD 300 charged to my account for internet extras - even though I had only signed up for 3 sessions that accounted for about USD 70. It turned out that the internet usage is only for 1 computer per session, even though this is never explained on sign up, and extra charges are just added to your account without you agreeing to it or it being explained to you.

I did complain and it was resolved but it was not a nice experience and took about 45 minutes of my time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not totally satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations staff helpfulness, rooms' furniture, availability of non-lacto vegetarians foods, and internet fees, which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valuable guests such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

Please rest assured that our guests satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we spare no efforts in ensuring this at all times, and that we are working very hard with the brand to add the Wi-Fi service.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton, and hope you will give us another try on your next visit to Hurghada, Egypt.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza, or any Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Hotels in the near future.

IASI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We love this hotel! We stayed here for 14 days.Brilliant management, staff is excellent, very responsible and friendly.
What I was impressed is the dignity that you display all staff, regardless of the position handle.
Everything is perfect!!
I don't want to offend anyone, but you have to employ more Egyptian women, as graceful Miriam at the reception, she represents for tourists the symbol of Egypt, perfection symphony for the senses of Egyptian women.
I wish each of you a good life, to be loved and to find your way in life.
Till we review, GOD BLESS YOU!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, October 21, 2012

Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel was good ... lovely place, good locations, lots to do in site.

The highlight of the hotel is the staff ... they were Very welcoming. Everywhere I went and met a staff member I got a special welcome, at first I thought it was weird, as in how did they know I have just arrived!!

Rooms:
I had a corner room, which was special, It had this huge terrace, with sunbeds ... lovely view of the beach.

The bathroom was great, very clean

The beds were comfortable ...

the room atmosphere was very relaxing and simple ...

The housekeeper had his own floral touches daily , as shown in the pictures.

Main restaurant was great, plenty of delicious options.
At the entrance your host is the lovely Ms. Mervet, who'd lead you to your table and brings you the drinks immediately.

the chefs are scattered across the restaurant, making sure everyone is satisfied.

The pool area had those fantastic bamboo sun beds with their own roofs! sadly I didn't get photos of them , You could just relax and read in the sun without having the sun directed at you.

Special thanks to Mr. Abd-ALRAHMAN from the hotel management, I lost a book in my room and he made sure I get it was delivered back to me. Very professional from him.
And Mr. Sanad, for his lovely manners.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HIHRG-Plaza, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

england, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic holiday. Staff can't do enough for management excellent. Clean rooms pool could do with heating on was a little cold .gardens beautiful,I return nearly every year to this hotel .a must is a boat trip which is right on the beach. Can't fault this hotel .thank you Hilton for a great holiday.

• Stayed September 2012
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, October 4, 2012

Chichester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My second trip, this year, to this hotel and I wasn't disappointed! Firstly let me say the hotel itself is 'tired' but spotlessly clean. That is the only negative thing I can say about this hotel. The grounds are gorgeous, the sea views breath taking, the food is fabulous and such a variety ( I defy anyone to say there was nothing they liked, I'm a fussy eater but every mealtime I found plenty to suit) the beach and pool area perfect. Our room was lovely with a large balcony that had 2 sun beds, table, chairs, a rocking chair and the sun on it all day and a fabulous view of the pool and sea.
But, the real jewel in this crown is the staff! Such genuine and lovely people, who cannot do enough to make your stay memorable. That included everyone....gardeners, room attendants, Chefs, waiters, bar men, pool men, managers, maintenance staff....everyone went that extra mile to make you feel special.
Hilton Plaza your staff are a credit to you and you should be justifiably proud of them.
I wish I could mention all the staff by name but the list would go on for ever, but special thanks must go to Anwar (bambooti & Italian restaurant) such a kind gentleman and so professional. A very well respected man.
Adel and Weill at the pool who always made sure we were comfortable & had everything we needed.
Nadir at the pool bar who always seemed to know when we needed drinks even before we did! Such a character, so funny, had us laughing every day.
Mohamed who looked after us in the plaza. Such a lovely man, quiet, unassuming and polite to everyone and super efficient at his job
And finally Mustafa in the coral restaurant, this young man should go far. He looked after us so well, going above and beyond to make sure we were well looked after. Kind, caring and so very respectful.
I have travelled all over the world in some fabulous hotels, but I have never received the quality of service that this hotel offers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

HILTON HURGHADA PLAZA

Been to Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your experiences!