“Good location ... great welcome” 4 of 5 stars

Hilton Hurghada Plaza
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Gabal El Hareem | Main Street, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #20 of 177 Hotels in Hurghada
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“Good location ... great welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel was good ... lovely place, good locations, lots to do in site.

The highlight of the hotel is the staff ... they were Very welcoming. Everywhere I went and met a staff member I got a special welcome, at first I thought it was weird, as in how did they know I have just arrived!!

Rooms:
I had a corner room, which was special, It had this huge terrace, with sunbeds ... lovely view of the beach.

The bathroom was great, very clean

The beds were comfortable ...

the room atmosphere was very relaxing and simple ...

The housekeeper had his own floral touches daily , as shown in the pictures.

Main restaurant was great, plenty of delicious options.
At the entrance your host is the lovely Ms. Mervet, who'd lead you to your table and brings you the drinks immediately.

the chefs are scattered across the restaurant, making sure everyone is satisfied.

The pool area had those fantastic bamboo sun beds with their own roofs! sadly I didn't get photos of them , You could just relax and read in the sun without having the sun directed at you.

Special thanks to Mr. Abd-ALRAHMAN from the hotel management, I lost a book in my room and he made sure I get it was delivered back to me. Very professional from him.
And Mr. Sanad, for his lovely manners.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HIHRG-Plaza, Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave your review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Many thanks for your positive feedback as well as your decent compliments, it is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and hope that we have met your expectations. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Hurghada Plaza and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

HILTON HURGHADA PLAZA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
england, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Fantastic holiday. Staff can't do enough for management excellent. Clean rooms pool could do with heating on was a little cold .gardens beautiful,I return nearly every year to this hotel .a must is a boat trip which is right on the beach. Can't fault this hotel .thank you Hilton for a great holiday.

• Stayed September 2012
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, October 4, 2012

Chichester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My second trip, this year, to this hotel and I wasn't disappointed! Firstly let me say the hotel itself is 'tired' but spotlessly clean. That is the only negative thing I can say about this hotel. The grounds are gorgeous, the sea views breath taking, the food is fabulous and such a variety ( I defy anyone to say there was nothing they liked, I'm a fussy eater but every mealtime I found plenty to suit) the beach and pool area perfect. Our room was lovely with a large balcony that had 2 sun beds, table, chairs, a rocking chair and the sun on it all day and a fabulous view of the pool and sea.
But, the real jewel in this crown is the staff! Such genuine and lovely people, who cannot do enough to make your stay memorable. That included everyone....gardeners, room attendants, Chefs, waiters, bar men, pool men, managers, maintenance staff....everyone went that extra mile to make you feel special.
Hilton Plaza your staff are a credit to you and you should be justifiably proud of them.
I wish I could mention all the staff by name but the list would go on for ever, but special thanks must go to Anwar (bambooti & Italian restaurant) such a kind gentleman and so professional. A very well respected man.
Adel and Weill at the pool who always made sure we were comfortable & had everything we needed.
Nadir at the pool bar who always seemed to know when we needed drinks even before we did! Such a character, so funny, had us laughing every day.
Mohamed who looked after us in the plaza. Such a lovely man, quiet, unassuming and polite to everyone and super efficient at his job
And finally Mustafa in the coral restaurant, this young man should go far. He looked after us so well, going above and beyond to make sure we were well looked after. Kind, caring and so very respectful.
I have travelled all over the world in some fabulous hotels, but I have never received the quality of service that this hotel offers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Torquay, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Came off a week on a live aboard and tried to book a day room for four hours before flying home, aside from the 120 US dollar price, the fact the receptionist was plain rude didn't help. The person cleaning around the swimming pool was doing so by dipping his mop in the pool itself. If you check my reviews I am not a regular moaner, but this service was shocking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Hurghada Plaza and for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was really concerned to learn from your review that you were not satisfied with your stay and that we did not meet your expectations.

I would like to assure your good-self; that I have communicated your comments to the concerned department heads for immediate investigation and to take whatever correective actions required accordingly.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this might have caused during your stay with us. It is only through valuable feedback received from our valuable guests such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services. We want you as our loyal guest and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thank you for your patience. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for 8 days. Nice beach, clean and good beds on the beach. Food was very good (especially with regards to previous Egypt hotels we stayed in before), organization of the restaurant was a bit chaotic.
Overall a nice holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side, not with pool view! There's evening activities on the pool terrace...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments, as well as your comments concerning better organization for the main restaurant , which I have relayed to the relevant management team, in order to take the necessary actions, where applicable, It is only through valuable feedback received from our valued guests, such as your good self, that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of our services.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Plaza. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and the food was delicious. Only thing to let down is that the hotel needs some renovation. It was a good value for the money.

We had a great time and hope to come again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Chepstow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here or 4 days in August as our Travel Operator had messed up our original booking and tried to reroute us there. It didn't meet our family holiday expectations so we managed to move to our booked hotel. The hotel didn't quite meet the normal Hilton expectations, it is quite tired and needs a lot of work to bring it up to modern standards. The air conditioning in the lifts or corridors don't work so by the time you've walked downstairs for dinner you need another shower. The rooms are ok but tired and need renovating - more 2 / 3 star than 5. TVS are still the square CRT rather than the wide LCD.
The staff are great though and offer a high level of service which was great given our situation and certainly made us feel very welcome.
The pool is smallish in comparison to most hotels in Egypt and again dated. My wife and I spent a lot of time wondering how these oldish Russian Men were with such young attractive ladies, spending a lot of time in the pool canoodling . It only dawned on us a few days later that these were probably escorts of some sort.
During the day, the hotel almost feels empty. This could be down to a lot of people using it as a base for diving, given their Mariner, this does make it a very quiet and relaxing place but again not what we were looking for with a family holiday.
The beach is small and enclosed, with half the sea front being a mariner. This makes swimming out beyond the sea walls impossible or at least very dangerous with the volume of boats coming and going. The snorkelling from the beach is pretty non existent unless you like looking at concrete cubes. We took a boat trip out to near by reefs and ended up swimming with Dolphins so maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HIHRG-Plaza, Quality Control Manager at Hilton Hurghada Plaza, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your decent compliments concerning our staff, I am glad that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us. We place great value on your continued relationship with Hilton.

With respect to your decent comments concerning old property, kindly be informed that Hilton Hurghada Plaza, has arranged for a comprehensive renovation plan that will take place by 2013. this plan will include renovating rooms, outlets, restaurants and other commercial facilities.

Also, we have already ordered new HD LCD's for all guestrooms, which expected to arrive by Nov, 12 . We are now working hard with the city council concerning power-cuts that caused problems with A/C & elevators ( all over hurghada ).

HILTON HURGHADA PLAZA

Been to Hilton Hurghada Plaza? Share your experiences!