“Authentic surrounding” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #124 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Belgrade, Serbia
“Authentic surrounding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed here in 2008 for 10 days. First they gave us old room that was crying for renovation, but after I asked another one and was persistant we got a room in the new part of hotel overlooking the swimming pool and that was completely different story..
Hotel is really nice, affordable, has it's own (small though) beach with complimentary towels, hudge breakfast which was delicious!
Leave a couple of coins as a tip, it means a lot to the boys and you will get all kinds of shaped towels on your way back to room xx
It is situated in the old Hurghada which I loved, 20mins from old centre, as it was nice to see how people actually live there and not being in a shiny resort away from real Egypt.
I would defo recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Try to get rooms in the new (at least then it was new) that overlook the swimming pool.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed alone in this hotel which is located just 5 minutes walking from the Sakkala Centre of Hurghada.Upon arrival the receptionist told me he would give me one of the best rooms in the hotel, which, as far as I can judge, really the case.Wonderfull view over the Red Sea, A very large spacious room.Staff was excellent and very polite and never tried something on me as a woman travelling alone, which gave me a very safe feeling.I told Hamada, the mainwaiter, in the restaurant that I am allergic to onions.He warned me several times for plates in which onions were cooked.So kind and so attentive.An agressive Russian woman scared me a lot and Hamada came to me saying that I shouldn't be worried, as he would stay around.So very kind again.
The man behind the reception, Hamdy, indeed gave me upon arrival one of the best rooms and was always ready to help me or to have a nice chat.I recommand this hotel especially to woman travelling alone because in this hotel a woman is respected even when she is alone.Which is not always the case in Egypt. My compliments to this staff especially to Hamdy and Hamada!Keep up the good and right attitude!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hurghada, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

It was nice time in hotel, which satisfies important needs to eat, to sleep and to swim. it's close to new center where you can find much entertainment after beach is closed (it is not allowed to swim after 5 p.m.) good cofee-shops, easy shopping, hurghada marina promenade with great sea view, cafes and restaurants - everything is available:)
One main disadvantage - small beach and seashore area and no pontoon for fast deep swim

Room Tip: from high floor rooms you can watch the sunrise :) just need to ask the one that looks at the sea
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

It's the best hotel in Hurghada very beautiful very comfortable with great service, very nice beach too, we loved it and we'll be back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Hotel is situated in Dahab and is quiet and tranquil. On arriving at the hotel we were greeted by the Manager Bridget who speaks excellent English. Our room was cleaned every day and there was a huge selection of food to choose from on the all inclusive holiday that we booked. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. It was the personal touch that made the holiday. The entertainment was good both during the day and on an evening. There were lots to do –we did the quad bikes, a camel ride and a boat trip (all booked independently) and the prices are very good if you are prepared to barter. The hotel has a pool and is right by the sea but the beach is rocky and it’s not advisable to wade in to the water - both areas have sun beds. However there is a jetty very close the hotel where you can swim from, but sea shoes are a must because of the coral. It is a great location for snorkelling and diving as the sea is teaming with beautiful fish and other sea life. I thought this holiday was value for money and would book this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Zrenjanin, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Nice and clean little hotel,with very friendly staff,very cheep and for this money really great,actuely the the only gripe is the food that is boring, that's all,but certainly more than you can expect for that price...Most recommend this hotel to young people, everything is completely relaxed, and I think this is the only hotel in Hurghada, where swimming is allowed at night... :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Linkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a quiet vacation in a beautiful place!

The hotel was well located, about 10-15 min from the aiport and 10 min by foot of the more crowded place with the restaurants and shops. The hotel was very nice and clean, we were received with a fruit basket; the view from the balcony was amazing, we had a room with 2 beds and a huuuuuge balcony where we had food ordered every day and we had breakfast there.
We had someone cleaning our room once a day, so it was always nice and organized.
The pools were great, the beach was nice, it is small indeed, but why whould you need a big beach? There are chairs and umbrellas and a boy gives you clean towels. It is really good!

Around Hurghada we were harassed countless times by the shop vendors who wanted us to go in their shops, so that got us a little desperate. We also recommend this wondersul bar, The Retro Bar, if you like retro music, we went there every night, the drinks are good, the music is great and on Sunday you get free snacks and tequila and let me tell you the live music is EXCELLENT!

I also had a massage in the spa of the hotel, excellent service and very cheap, 60 min full body massage for only 140 EGP.

I will definitely go again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sun & Sea Hotel? Share your experiences!