“Can be enjoyable :)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort

You added Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort to your Saves list
Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   EL Dahar, El Korensh Road | El Korensh Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #48 of 178 Hotels in Hurghada
Kecskemet, Hungary
“Can be enjoyable :)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hi everybody,

we are a young couple from Hungary, we was theree at 11-21 of august 2013.
To start, in the tripadvisor map this hotel is marked in a wrong place, if you want to be sure, check google maps! The right place is next to shedwan garden!
This hotel has two parts, one is four stars hotel, this is renewd this year, very good rooms, minimal style, nice. And there is the other part, it has three stars, this part is old hotel, don't belive the pictures from the hotel stuff, it's a lie. This hotel part is old, some of the rooms are ugly, but you can get nice ones also. AC is working and of course more money for the reception better room you get! :)
The new part and old part has the same food, which is not so bad, but it's always the same, nothing special. It will be good for a week, but for more it will be boring. The diner place is not the same for the two part, the new one is very good, the old one is dirty and dirty. :(
The stuff is great, they are nice, frendly, if you are good with the, they will talk with you and very frendly.
In the three star part there are 90% of the guests are russian, they are not so nice peoples, but it' ok.
The important thing, that the two hotels have the same beach, whic is very big, has three different lagune. This is the biggest and best beach in Hurghada, very good, you can swim in it, snorcel next to the pier. We saw murena also in the near. Very very good beach, absolutely! The beach deck chairs are also very old and the pads are dirty and torn, but you will get towels and with that, it can be enjoyable.
The worst thing, that in the beach you can not get cold beer, wrong point, you have to walk 200 meter for it. :( The alcohol drinks are very bad, don't try it, egypt made, not import.
So all together, if you go, go in the four star part, there will be great, the beach is super, for cold beer you has to walk. The three star part, is old and smelling bad, don't chose that part!

We was in the old part, so in my rating I will rate the three star part!

Room Tip: 407, beds are fine, AC working, baths was ok, smelling bad!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Finnish first
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm here now, two rooms were stolen, money, cell phones and cameras were taken.
This is terrible.
Concerning food, it's the worst ever. For two days now, the salad was too bad.
Concerning rooms, some are ok and others are too bad. For example, my friend was in room 904 and after He entered the room He figured out that the door can not be closed ! I was supposed to be in room 5109 then they apologized because AC is not working !
Will never come again

• Stayed August 2013
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Older but still enjoyable hotel with very kind stuff.
There were 2 beaches both with laguna. Beaches were like hard trampled sand, with some small rocks. Very beautifull coral with color fishes was located at the farther beach.
Quality of food was very good, but weaker variety. For lunch and dinner was almost always (every other day) the same food. Fish, chicken, beef, vegetables, many salads, 2 kind of soup, very good cakes. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Taganrog, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've read the reviews about the hotel ranging from very bad to very good, and decided to share my ideas about it. I believe my review is impersonal and helpful. I stayed there with my last year from late July till early August, so I'm not actually aware with the current state of things, but I believe the approach of the hotel's management did't change for worse.
The main point is, if you opt for a 3-star hotel you shouldn't expect a 5-star-type of ccomodation. However, the rooms are good enough except toilet equipment which should be actually replaced, alongside some air conditioners, by modern ones. But, in my opinion, it's just an inconvenience, and in no way a major problem. Now I'm gonna list all good things about the hotel and its staff.
First of all I'd like to mention a good managemnet policy. Every day a group of managers, including either the hotel manager or his deputies, walk around all three beaches asking tourists whether they are satisfied with staying in the hotel, and what they are not satisfied with. During our first highly friendly conversation I mentioned that the room service had forgotten to bring big towels to my room. When I came back to my room I saw that my problem had been fixed. You can solve all your problems at the reception. Just ask Sami, their chief at the reception, he is highly skilled and able to handle any issue, keeping polite even with aggressive customers.
Other pros:
- three beaches with a snack bar on each, unlike most 5-star hotels
- sun-protected swimming pool
- friendly staff (NB! be friendly to them and they'll be friendly to you)
- large and lovely territory
- good meals for a 3-star hotel, and delicious bakery (although it's a bit hot in the dining hall)
The biggest knock against is that this year their price almost doubled from last year. Iin my opinion,it was not well grounded and reasonable, and was the main reason why I opted for another (5-star) hotel this year.
In conclusion, the hotel is quite good for having a nice rest on the beach for fair price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Just everything was wrong. Dirty, bunch of cats, smelly, food was yuck, rude staff....dirty pool, dirty beach.....lot of flies everywhere...cockroaches in rooms...old refrigirator,bad aircondition, non working tv

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Bratislava
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Me and my friend visited Egypt for the first time. We were really looking forward to it as it was our first time in muslim country and we wanted to learn more about the culture and habits. Lovely pictures of Red Sea beaches were also a great attraction. After long search, we opted for Shedwan Golden Beach Hotel in Hurghada. Pictures in the catalogue looked brilliant and we couldnt wait to arrive. Oh boy, and arrival that was! After waiting for about 15 minutes and being completely ignored during that time, receptionist finally told us that our room is being tidied and that it is still not ready yet. As we came during lunchtime, we thought it would be nice to try hotel's catering facilities straight away. Disgusting, is the only word one could describe what we have seen and attempted to eat. I am not even going into hygiene standards of the restaurant, as in any other normal country it would have to be closed within 24 hours. The only good thing about that lunch was, that we met there two friends who were great companions to us for the rest of the holiday. When going back to reception, we were told it would take 5 mins for room to be ready. If anyone tells you anything about five minutes in Egypt, be assured he is talking about hours. And so it was. When I started to be angry with the whole situation, they finally showed us to our room, which was apparently supposed to be one of the best. Right...After opening the door and walking in I was somewhere between cardiac arrest and punching the bell boy in the face. I took a deep breath and decided to calm down instead. I even tipped the bell boy. Room, despite being supposedly cleaned for last two hours was still filthy, beds still remembered the start of Mubarak rule thirty years ago and huge wooden box hanging from the ceiling pretending to be an air conditioning was surely a piece from times of Pharaos. I should also mention that fridge was most likely the first prototype of this invention and havent been cleaned since.
I want to be fair and say that not everything was completely terrible. Shedwan has probably one of the nicest beaches in whole Hurghada and that is a great asset for this facility. It has huge potential overall as its gardens are really lovely. Shame that this jaw dropping scenes were spoiled by poor service, terrible receptionists, complete lack of interest from the most of the staff and outdated room furniture and layout. If you want to go for the 3 star hotel with decent value but terrible service, then go for it. If you want to be treated nicely, feel welcomed and at least reasonably comfortable, then run for miles.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hi to everybody! I’m Olga and I want people who read reviews here don’t be misleaded.
I’d like to refute the words of user Shittwan. I’m the one Olga who allegedly his girlfriend from Minsk, but I’m not his girlfriend and never was (and a fortiori I wasn’t a girl of staff man from reception Magdy! It's scandalous!).
I feel outrage by the lie that this man Shittwan wrote here!! This man – his real name Daniel, he’s from Hungary – pestered me during my staying at the hotel Shedwan. I tried to avoid him, but he was spying me all the time (maybe because I came to the hotel alone he thought that I could have relationships with him). Another guests from the hotel could confirm my words cause they saw his molestations to me.
I came to Hurghada in the hotel Shedwan Golden beach to have rest, to sunbathe, to swim, for snorkeling. I would enjoy my staying at the hotel if Daniel didn’t bother me (((((((((((
But generally speaking I liked the hotel. I was snorkeling on the beach A – beautiful beach, the sea with a lot of fishes and corals. Hotel has a large area with lots of trees and palms. I had a comfortable room with a big bed, free of charge safe, TV, refrigerator. There was no hairdryer in my room, but I had my own so that was not a problem. The room was tidied up every morning, the towels were changed too. In the buffet restaurant there were a lot of different food, maybe not luxurious, but I have never been hungry after having meal. Also I would like to say about stuff of the hotel. They were friendly and kind. They always meet guests with the smile in the buffet restaurant; waiters were very prompt, brought the drinks very fast. The bartenders made very tasty cocktails. Personal on the reception were very responsive and helpful. Don’t believe what Andreas wrote about man from the reception – Magdy. Madgy is highly-qualified employee who didn’t allow anything wrong with guests and me personally. I didn’t have any problems with checking in and checking out of Shedwan. And of course I didn’t go out with him - it is inconceivable and inadmissible for me!!!
People if you were in muslim countries you should know that very religious people live there especially in Egypt. Furthermore in August all the muslims had the sacred month of Ramadan. So it would be unbelievable if hotel staff (muslim!) went out to the bar (near hotel!) and danced with the woman!! How can you believe this?!
Daniel, I don’t know why you wrote all that bad things but I disappointed in you once and for all!!! Besides that you harass me all my staying in Shedwan – moreover you disgrace me and hotel staff here on tripadvisor! Obviously you came to Hurghada to find easy women for entertainment, for having fun but nothing came out of it. That’s why you accuse staff of the hotel unjustly. It's outrageous to permit such behavior.

I apply to the management of the Shedwan Golden beach (if they read reviews on the sites like this) because apparently some people like Daniel can write any lie and will not suffer punishment for that lie. I feel indignation at gross injustice!

Olga

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort? Share your experiences!