“Dont go” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort

You added Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort to your Saves list
Festival Shedwan Golden Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   EL Dahar, El Korensh Road | El Korensh Road, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #48 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
3.5 of 5 stars 233 Reviews
“Dont go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Just everything was wrong. Dirty, bunch of cats, smelly, food was yuck, rude staff....dirty pool, dirty beach.....lot of flies everywhere...cockroaches in rooms...old refrigirator,bad aircondition, non working tv

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bratislava
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Me and my friend visited Egypt for the first time. We were really looking forward to it as it was our first time in muslim country and we wanted to learn more about the culture and habits. Lovely pictures of Red Sea beaches were also a great attraction. After long search, we opted for Shedwan Golden Beach Hotel in Hurghada. Pictures in the catalogue looked brilliant and we couldnt wait to arrive. Oh boy, and arrival that was! After waiting for about 15 minutes and being completely ignored during that time, receptionist finally told us that our room is being tidied and that it is still not ready yet. As we came during lunchtime, we thought it would be nice to try hotel's catering facilities straight away. Disgusting, is the only word one could describe what we have seen and attempted to eat. I am not even going into hygiene standards of the restaurant, as in any other normal country it would have to be closed within 24 hours. The only good thing about that lunch was, that we met there two friends who were great companions to us for the rest of the holiday. When going back to reception, we were told it would take 5 mins for room to be ready. If anyone tells you anything about five minutes in Egypt, be assured he is talking about hours. And so it was. When I started to be angry with the whole situation, they finally showed us to our room, which was apparently supposed to be one of the best. Right...After opening the door and walking in I was somewhere between cardiac arrest and punching the bell boy in the face. I took a deep breath and decided to calm down instead. I even tipped the bell boy. Room, despite being supposedly cleaned for last two hours was still filthy, beds still remembered the start of Mubarak rule thirty years ago and huge wooden box hanging from the ceiling pretending to be an air conditioning was surely a piece from times of Pharaos. I should also mention that fridge was most likely the first prototype of this invention and havent been cleaned since.
I want to be fair and say that not everything was completely terrible. Shedwan has probably one of the nicest beaches in whole Hurghada and that is a great asset for this facility. It has huge potential overall as its gardens are really lovely. Shame that this jaw dropping scenes were spoiled by poor service, terrible receptionists, complete lack of interest from the most of the staff and outdated room furniture and layout. If you want to go for the 3 star hotel with decent value but terrible service, then go for it. If you want to be treated nicely, feel welcomed and at least reasonably comfortable, then run for miles.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Hi to everybody! I’m Olga and I want people who read reviews here don’t be misleaded.
I’d like to refute the words of user Shittwan. I’m the one Olga who allegedly his girlfriend from Minsk, but I’m not his girlfriend and never was (and a fortiori I wasn’t a girl of staff man from reception Magdy! It's scandalous!).
I feel outrage by the lie that this man Shittwan wrote here!! This man – his real name Daniel, he’s from Hungary – pestered me during my staying at the hotel Shedwan. I tried to avoid him, but he was spying me all the time (maybe because I came to the hotel alone he thought that I could have relationships with him). Another guests from the hotel could confirm my words cause they saw his molestations to me.
I came to Hurghada in the hotel Shedwan Golden beach to have rest, to sunbathe, to swim, for snorkeling. I would enjoy my staying at the hotel if Daniel didn’t bother me (((((((((((
But generally speaking I liked the hotel. I was snorkeling on the beach A – beautiful beach, the sea with a lot of fishes and corals. Hotel has a large area with lots of trees and palms. I had a comfortable room with a big bed, free of charge safe, TV, refrigerator. There was no hairdryer in my room, but I had my own so that was not a problem. The room was tidied up every morning, the towels were changed too. In the buffet restaurant there were a lot of different food, maybe not luxurious, but I have never been hungry after having meal. Also I would like to say about stuff of the hotel. They were friendly and kind. They always meet guests with the smile in the buffet restaurant; waiters were very prompt, brought the drinks very fast. The bartenders made very tasty cocktails. Personal on the reception were very responsive and helpful. Don’t believe what Andreas wrote about man from the reception – Magdy. Madgy is highly-qualified employee who didn’t allow anything wrong with guests and me personally. I didn’t have any problems with checking in and checking out of Shedwan. And of course I didn’t go out with him - it is inconceivable and inadmissible for me!!!
People if you were in muslim countries you should know that very religious people live there especially in Egypt. Furthermore in August all the muslims had the sacred month of Ramadan. So it would be unbelievable if hotel staff (muslim!) went out to the bar (near hotel!) and danced with the woman!! How can you believe this?!
Daniel, I don’t know why you wrote all that bad things but I disappointed in you once and for all!!! Besides that you harass me all my staying in Shedwan – moreover you disgrace me and hotel staff here on tripadvisor! Obviously you came to Hurghada to find easy women for entertainment, for having fun but nothing came out of it. That’s why you accuse staff of the hotel unjustly. It's outrageous to permit such behavior.

I apply to the management of the Shedwan Golden beach (if they read reviews on the sites like this) because apparently some people like Daniel can write any lie and will not suffer punishment for that lie. I feel indignation at gross injustice!

Olga

Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Šedvan Hotel Golden Beach is located in Hurghada area called Al-Dahar. Do Sakala taxi is 10 Egyptian pounds, or 1.20 euros. You can easily translate and public transport, where a one-way ride costs 1 pound. The bus station is 150m from the hotel and the Hotel Triton Empire.
The hotel is very nice and big. The rooms are large, each has a balcony, refrigerator, TV and towels and linen are changed frequently. The food is good and varied for all tastes. All-inclusive service is very good because it involves food and beverage service and the three bars located on the beaches and pools. The glass cups to serve all local drinks, beer and various cocktails until 24.00 hours. The service is excellent and if you treat the receptionist at the reception you will get 10 EUR and a good room with sea view.
Beaches are big and beautiful. For every taste and age! The beaches are sandy and there is always enough sun loungers and parasols. Hotel towels change the ticket for the towels. There are three beautiful beaches and the A, B and C where there are large water slides. This is probably the best and largest beach resort in Hurghada. Red Sea is calm here and never has a wave so that small children can swim because it is very safe and shallow sea on the beach B.
The hotel has two large pools which are very nice and clean. There are two animation and entertainment team is great. Water polo, water slides, volleyball, soccer and playing are great fun. They are very fun and hard work to help guests enjoy the holiday!
The first evening of entertainment for children, and then the disco is open to adults. Animation team is very fun and cheerful competition organized by guests from various countries.
And at the end of our guests, mainly from Russia, Ukraine, France, Poland and the Czech Republic. If you want to leave the complex you can go to Cocoa bar that is near. Located across from the Empire Hotel Triton. Beer is 1.30eur, original whiskey 2.50EUR went down 0.80 c and the food is excellent, tasty and cheap.
For the money I paid I got a great value even though the hotel has "only" three stars.
Enjoy!

Alton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

This our third trip to egypt 2nd to Hurghada.
We arrived late Friday evening and wanted to turn round go home. After a nights sleep and waking up to the sun we changed our minds.
The room was large and with a view of the gardens it was clean but shabby not to bothered as you only sleep and shower in there.
The reception and pool areas were clean, but the dinning room was over crowded and didnt have enough plates, glasses, cups and some day tables. as we were the only English in the hotel the waiters always found us a table and everthing we needed. The main holiday maker were the Russians and my god are they greedy they take far to much food then dont eat it.
The beach was the best part of our Holiday the guys that work there were wonderful they catered for our every need. All spoke good english.
the Anamaton team kept us entertained every day and in the evening too.
The only down side was when the sound system was stolen from the beach on evening. If the head of security spent more time doing his job and not sat smoking outside the hotel each evening it might not have happened.
My Husband wanted to go diving but not with a hotel trip. so we went with SCUBA HURGHADA , Sayed and Marjolein were brill my husband (who has an inner ear problem) went diving on a 1.1 with Sayed and had the time of his life, Marjolein took me snorkling and that was brill.
Overall a good hpliday came home totaly relaxed JUST DONT FORGET YOUR MOSQUITO REPELLENT
Hotel 2/3 star

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Budapest
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I could say nice words on the pleasant location of the hotel or over the acceptable cuisine and maybe on the bar attendants’ and waiters’ politeness or catering quality but the sweet words just can’t come, thinking back to my experiences with the hotel…

As fact, I spent 8 days in Hotel Shedwan, between 31.07. and 07.08. of 2011 due to a relocation request to our tour operator. I was told, that everything would be arranged with my room, but when I showed up at the reception’s desk, down by fatigue, the guy (called Magdy) not wellcomed me, but claimed fairly rudely, that he don’t know anything of my reservation and regardlessly handled my case. I can say, I started sweating and felt horrible, being faked and hit on the road in the 40 deg. heat, without any accomodation and place where I could keep even my belongings until I find a bed to lay on…
Magdy, my „host” played with me for appr. further 20 minutes and then suddenly he changed masque and revealed, that there was no problem, as he had already arranged everything with our Neckerman tour operator and handed a key to a my very poor room laughing at my face of despair…
In my room (it wasn’t really an appartment) sometimes there was no electricity, the bed was anything but an item to sleep on it with its enormus pit and the only way to get into the dark, small room is the balcony door from the inner garden walkways that was packed with tourists day and night…

Believe me I haven’t stayed there too much…

Maybe due to this I met another guest of the hotel, a fabulous 28 years old, white russian girl from Minsk, called Olga in the hotel’s beach and started building a relationship as the both of us was all alone there.
I can caim We had fairly pleasant times throughout the rest of my stay. The days spent well, and even my horrible initial room is changed upon my caims by the „lovely” magdy for a much more decent one.

Then came Friday, which was the farewell’s Eve for Olga and also my own penultimate night in Egypt. I planed to keep with her and some other Russian women to go to the downtown for a final shoping. The departure is delayed due to some girl’s being late from the meeting point which was the lounge at the receptionists’ desk. I was awaiiting for the missing person with Olga there when again „my Magdy” was at the desk. With some astonishment I realised a more and more inconvenient eye-contact between magdy and my Olga and started kidding with this. Then – for my even greater surprise Magdy, who was in a working shift (…) asked the girl for a privat chat and disappeared with her for a short while.
After that the both Olga and the missing one is arrived and we took the trip to the city to buy things.
We came back and - as it was planned earlier – I would have spent the rest of the day with the girl, who became reluctant and sais she would have something more to do with her packings
I Wasn’t very happy, anyone of You can imagine this.

I thought (as this was my penultime night also) of going out to have a drink in the nearby corner’s bar/discocaled „Memories”. I went upstairs to the dancing level where already several people was dancing or drinking.
After some minutes my „very busy packing girl”, Olga appeared hand in hand with Hotel Shedwan’s wel known receptionist Magdy !!! They didn’t notice me and started dancing and kissing, etc…
What can I say after all ??? This was more than enough for me to leave the site and take a lengthy wak in Hurghada as I felt like I couldn’t sleep at all….
A staff member of a 4 star international hotel who has already showed extraordinary impoliteness and regardlessness to a guest is spending his working hours to pick up the particular guest’s girlfriend, who is another guest of him ? Right in the main place of the hotel, which is actually his working station ?? In a front of the guest’s eyes (and other people’s eyes) with whom he was already bothering ??? All this can be committed by someone in working hours in a 4 stars hotel ???? On top of that this person is brave enough to go with his prey to the disco packed with his guests appr. 50 meters from the hotel from romance or more…?????

With similar thoughts in mind I finally wen’t to sleep and woken up in the next (my last) morning in the possible worst mood.
Anyway I thought at least there’s nothing worse can happen to me as I suffered all miseries here. And I was wrong !!!!

I wen’t down to have a breakfast int he hotel’s restaurant where the waiter colleagues of Magdy immediately spoted me (as well as his substitution at he receptionist’s desk) and started tauntingly laughing at me and whispering and talking to each other – I can’t speak Egiptian, but quiet sure upon the body talking – that about me and the last night!!!

This means that Magdy not only did in his working hours what I summarised in bold but even discussed his exploit with the staff right away !!!!

Forgive me I am not commenting this as this is not commentable.
I am just merely saying that I WILL NEVER EVER GO TO EGÍPT AND OVIOUSLY NOT RECOMMENDING THIS TO FOREIGNERS, ESSPECIALLY NOT WITH FAMILIES !!!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We spent 2 weeks in this hotel (all inc)I agree the food has to improve sometimes, especially we like warm meals which did not happen so often, but on the other hand the rooms are very clean, the people lovely, they take care of you as if you were a king and the beach very well located: you can snorkle from the beach side and feel you are in a wonderful aquarium.
when things will settle down a little bit afeter the next elections I hope Shedwan will recover its 3 stars. We wish we could stay again in the future even if french people are quite rare in this hotel! We like melting around.

Room Tip: stay in building 7 on the 2nd or third floor you will get a view on the sea and not much noise from...