I have just returned from a week at Sunrise Holidays Resort and am suffering a serious case of the post-holiday blues! It was really fabulous. I went with my mum for a relaxed week away from it all that we booked at the last minute. This is hotel is so much better than I expected and i'm already looking at going back asap.
The best thing about the hotel has to be the staff. Everyone was so friendly. I have never been anywhere before where every single member of staff was so nice. They remembered your name, what you like to drink, where you are from... I was amazed!
The food is excellent and the chefs should be commended for their good work. There is a huge choice for every meal and there was always plenty of food available. For dinner you can eat the the El Sol buffet, Arabian Nights or Mediteranian restaurant. Our favourite was Arabian nights which served food from various Arabian countries. It was quieter than El Sol and very chilled. We didn't have to queue at all for dinner despite the hotel being at full capacity while we were there.
We went to the spa twice and again both said that the massages we had were the best ever!! I'd highly recommend the 'Paradise' package at the spa, it was pure indulgence!
The hotel was spotlessly clean at all times, as were the beach and the pool. Again, despite the hotel being busy we never had a problem getting a sunlounger as there were so many. In the middle of our week we went on the snorkelling trip from the hotel which was a great day out. Despite being slightly apprehensive at first it was amazing to see the fish and to have the experience of snorkelling in the red sea. We booked directly through the aqua centre at the hotel which was much cheaper than the same trip offered by our rep at the welcome meeting.
The only thing I would say was that our bathroom was looking quite tired and needs updating to meet the standards of the rest of the hotel. However we spent very little time in our room so it wasnt a major drawback.
The weather was beautiful. There was a breeze most days as well which meant that we didn't overheat too much. The location was great, only a short drive from the airport and not far into the town of Hurghada, although we were pretty lazy and spent most of our time in the resort!
I have to say a huge thank you to the wonderful animation team at Sunrise Holiday Resort. To Maya, Momo, Eddie, Svetlana and Sharif the Chief!! Before we went on the holiday I had read the good reviews about the animation team on trip advisor, but I really didn't expect them to be as brilliant as they were. Every night there were great shows and during the day you could do lots of fun activities - I would definitely reccomend getting involved. Even if you are after a relaxed holiday the activities are so much fun. I loved the dance classes and water gym, but there was lots of choice to suit all. The really made our holiday, and worked so hard. I really hope some of their energy and enthusiasm has rubbed off on me.
Overall we had a great holiday. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Next time I go I am hoping to go with friends to make the most of Hurghadas nightlife. I was really upset to leave and really could not recommend this hotel enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to SUNRISE Holidays Resort. This resort is located only 500 meters from downtown. It gives you the relaxing retreat with our private island and will guarantee you an unforgettable atmosphere and the active night life of Hurghada's downtown. The resort is located at the Corniche Road in the center of Hurghada. The distance to the Hurghada international airport is approx. 5 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SUNRISE Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Holidays Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Holidays Hurghada