Visited for a week with a female friend. We both have travelled separately with our husbands previously to Egypt and enjoyed it and so felt comfortable visiting on our own. However from the moment we landed until we got back on the plane we both found the men extremely familiar and sometimes downright rude. Even with wedding rings on we were constantly made suggestive remarks and even from staff at hotel and trips through our rep. I would definitely not go to Egypt again without a man and when we have travelled to other Muslim countries such as Morocco and Tunisia have never accounted this
The hotel itself was comfortable, it does need some TLC as a bit scruffy. The end of the first week they were rolling out the free Wifi in the lobby with some difficulty which will be a big plus as we kept having to go to other bars to use it for free. The food was very good for Egypt I would say. The lagoon was lovely and great for snorkelling for beginners before venturing into the sea. We did the boat trip from the hotel which was great value for the money and well recommended. We also did a dolphin safari with our rep which was an adventure to say the least. Although we were given a sea sickness tablet on arrival I really didn't think it would be so rough. An hour and a half hour away from mainland we came across the dolphins. I would say it's an excursion if you are quite confident in the water as the boat does tend to drop and leave you out there . I wouldn't have brought my children on it as definitely would have been a nervous wreck.
Overall we did have a relaxing hotel as we tried to not let the persistent men ruin it for us. But if we had been young female travellers it might of put us off such a lovely country
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to SUNRISE Holidays Resort. This resort is located only 500 meters from downtown. It gives you the relaxing retreat with our private island and will guarantee you an unforgettable atmosphere and the active night life of Hurghada's downtown. The resort is located at the Corniche Road in the center of Hurghada. The distance to the Hurghada international airport is approx. 5 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your SUNRISE Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Holidays Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Holidays Hurghada