The Hotel -
A little tired in one or two places but overall very good, extremely clean and always very very tidy. Everything worked as it should, access was easy to all areas. The hotel has a great layout, straight from the hotel to the beach, the sun beds and the lagoon. Never a problem getting sun beds, the staff on the beach were always there to accommodate us, they often stopped to chat and would reposition the beds during the day.The lagoon was a great idea, shallow enough around the edge, and deep enough to snorkel and dive in. The whole thing was open to the sea, and it even had access via a break under one of the bridges which made for some great snorkelling. The access point was also governed by a coloured flag system to advise swimmers of the conditions.
The staff -
Excellent service on arrival, we arrived late evening and had a limited time to wait before being taken to our room. The restaurants were still open and the variety/choice was really good.
We never do the rep meetings, but decided to do this one, it was amazing, it was held in the conference room, we were provided with drinks and then introduced to all the senior staff from the general manager to the head of cleaning staff. Very attentive staff in all areas, everyone showing great enthusiasm for the best customer service possible. We were told that if our bed was too hard we could have a softer mattress, we asked if we could change and this was sorted in no time. We had a minor problem with a door lock and again it was dealt with immediately. Mr Eslam at the reception desk was the most helpful hotel employee we have ever met, being from Swansea we wanted to see the Carling Cup Final, he tried to get to get it set up on the hotel televisions, and when he couldn't, he actually found a bar close by where we were able to watch the 'Mighty Swans'. The hotel even had control over a taxi service which was very reliable and very cheap.
The Restaurants and Food -
The restaurants were great with a huge variety from breakfast right through to late evening. Always hot and always fresh. The Al A Carte menu was available in the Mediterranean Restaurant as many times as you could book, we booked twice. But... after the first one, the food not being much different to the other restaurants we decided to cancel the second. We didn't say why but Mr Eslam questioned our decision and made a phone call - he then told us to go to the Arabian Nights restaurant the following night and ask for Chef Ashraf. We did this and the corrective response to the poor meal we experienced the night before was to be treated to a fantastic 3 course meal and Chef Ashraf oversaw the whole meal - the best service I have experienced in any restaurant anywhere.
This hotel and it's staff are dedicated to making sure that the guests are the priority, and it certainly paid off for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to SUNRISE Holidays Resort. This resort is located only 500 meters from downtown. It gives you the relaxing retreat with our private island and will guarantee you an unforgettable atmosphere and the active night life of Hurghada's downtown. The resort is located at the Corniche Road in the center of Hurghada. The distance to the Hurghada international airport is approx. 5 km. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SUNRISE Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Holidays Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Holidays Hurghada