“Perfection Perfection Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 182 hotels in Hurghada
london
“Perfection Perfection Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My wife and I have travelled to this resort a few times and have fallen in love with it and the people. The resort itself is stunning, located on the beach with beautiful grounds and pool.
We stayed in a grand suite and highly recommend it, the room is spacious, comfortable with modern touches and of course your own pool!
The food is exceptional some of the best we have ever had, Chef Ashish loves food and you can tell in the quality of the dishes that are on offer, if you want something not on the menu, just ask and they will do their best to make it for you. The spa treatments are some of the best I have ever experienced.
What actually makes this place so special, are the people. My wife and I have been lucky and have stayed in many of the world’s leading hotels; however we have never experienced the warmth and hospitality that we get at the Oberoi Sahl Haseesh. The staff genuinely care about you and take pride in what they do. This is evident throughout the hotel in all areas, from the pool staff to the executive team.
Chef Ashish was a true joy, he was like a friend and we looked forward to chatting to him every day, my wife and I both really miss him! His food was some of the best we have ever eaten. Mr Essam and Mr Sabir would go out of their way to meet us and make sure we had everything we needed, including setting up a special dinner and movie just for us on the beach, it is a memory we will always cherish.
All the front office staff are wonderful, especially Mr Khalifah, he makes everything so special and personal. Nothing is too much trouble, he genuinely cares about the resort and its guests, he always makes our trips perfect and we cannot imagine the resort without him and I look forward to meeting him again when we return.
The general Manager, Mr Dhiren Pereira is a true professional and he has made the Oberoi a perfect paradise under his management. He knows all the guests by name and actively seeks you out to make sure everything is to your satisfaction. I can honestly say that this is one of the best resorts we have ever visited, you actually feel like you are leaving family and friends behind and this is the reason we will continue to return for as long as we can.
I have read some reviews saying the price of the food and beverages are too high. This is the best resort in Hurghada and the price you pay is more than fair for the quality you receive. We have been to places where the prices are much higher and the quality much lower. You get what you pay for and I believe that the prices are more than reasonable for a resort of this class and the food and beverages are well worth the money.
Finally…..
Please ignore all the things you read and see about the problems in Egypt, yes there are issues in Cairo but Hurghada is completely safe and the people are great. Trust me everyone needs to experience this piece of paradise at least once in their lives, do not think about it, just go... I promise you will not regret it!

M Mayet

Room Tip: Grand Suite
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review of our resort. We thank you for your loyal patronage over the years of The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh. The team looks forward each time to welcoming you back. We are pleased that you have carried back fond memories of your recent stay with us. Our people deserve all the credit as they strive each day to make all our guests comfortable and happy. We eagerly await your return visit.

703 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This review is long overdue but worth it. We've stayed at several Oberoi hotels across the world and again, were not disappointed. We visited for 10 days in Sept 2013. It's all in the detail and we commend Mr Pereira and his team for their exemplary customer service. The beachfront room was beautiful and well maintained - we had some minor repairs (stuck shower door) that needed attention and these were handled immediately. The food was a culinary delight everyday and the chefs went out of their way to accommodate us, even allowing my partner to cook me dinner - he wanted to learn how to cook fish well and came away with 3 fantastic recipes and we had a fabulous self made fish dinner under the stars. We are keen divers and undertook our Advanced Padi course (we took our Open water course at the Oberoi Mauritius). We undertook 10 dives including 2 boat dives and a night dive with our Diving Instructors - Ahmed and Hani. We asked to purchase our own snorkels, masks & fins & Ahmed (the diving instructor) handled this on our first day there. A big thank you to Ahmed, Hani, Rabir and Mohammed from the Dive Centre. The equipment was very well maintained, we were well looked after and the cost of diving was reasonable. The house reef is beautiful, diverse and well maintained. Sadly, there is a lot of rubbish dumping off boats in the red sea and the adjacent plot of land is testamount to how much is dumped in the water. I have never seen so much plastic on a beach - the hotel staff work hard to clear it, but more washes in everyday. This hotel is another example of the Oberoi standard of service we have come to expect.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a good view, but if you like being close to the beach, the beachfront rooms are w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. The team and I are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are thrilled that in particular you enjoyed the diving on offer at the Red Sea via our PADI certified dive centre. We hope the fish recipes you learnt come out well when you make them at home. We look forward to your next stay so you can complete your next level in the PADI courses.
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh never disappoints and we have visited many times - sometimes for the day, but recently for a 3 night stay. An overwhelming sense of peace and tranquility pervades as you drive up to the front entrance. The suites are spotlessly clean and there is such attention to detail from letting you know the weather forecast for the next day to the head cushion and candles on the side of the sunken marble bath. The food is magnificent and chef is happy to cook whatever you want - you only have to ask. The ladies in the spa are fantastic - the best massages I have ever had. If you need to de-stress, this is the place to go. I can't wait for my next visit (hopefully in March/April).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your loyal patronage of our resort. The team looks forward to your stay each time and are waiting for your next stay in March 2014. In particular, we are pleased that you enjoyed our spa services, the food flexibility on offer and our related products and services. Thank you for taking the time to review the resort.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and two teenage daughters for a week at the end of October. Because of the negatative news on Egypt the hotel was probably only about 20% full so was exceptionally quiet. We had two of the deluxe suites overlooking the Ocean these were spotlessly clean and very well appointed with a nice sitting area both inside and outside in the enclosed courtyard.

We had the hotels car transfers from the airport which were excellent with drinks and towels provided and drivers who did their best to make the journey over the rather bizarre local speed bumps as smooth as they could.

We eat all meals at the hotel and found the choice varied. As well as the normal international dishes I dipped into the local menu on several occasions and always found the staff in the restaurant helpful in suggesting something I hadn't had before. We had room service a couple of nights which was always very efficient, they even cooked my girls pizzas in the evening even though they were not supposed to be available. The food was always very tasty although cooked breakfast is a bit limited if you don't like eggs.

The reason we chose to go to Egypt was to go snorkelling which we love. The hotel has a great beach and reef and we were often the only people in the sea. The sea is a little rough and a little cold in October (compared to the Maldives not the UK!) but it didn't stop us having a great time. We spotted dolphins, octopus, rays, a rather large eel and many many fish. The beech is very well attended with helpful staff providing water, towels, refreshments, clearing the beech of any tidal debris and even flattening the sand so it looked nice.

If you want somewhere quite to relax for a week or so I can't think of a better place to go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review of our resort and for taking the time to give all of us your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular liked the variety of food on offer and the snorkeling on our house reef. We sincerely hope you return in the future to enjoy the resort once again.
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have been to most of the luxurious hotels in Egypt and this hotel is certainly on the very top of the list. The rooms are immaculate, spacious and luxurious and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, There is an unobtrusive attention to detail throughout. The architecture is divine and the landscaping quite spectacular. I stayed 3 nights in one of the suites facing the sea and I will definitely be back for a longer period. The piscine was closed for renovation but that was not a real nuisance as the beach is so spectacular. The only sad thing is that the hotel was not very busy because of the current events in Egypt, which is a shame because it is very far away from any turmoil and is very safe and secure. I would recommend it without any hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our resort and we are pleased that you have carried back fond memories of our stay with us.

I would like to let all readers know that the main swimming pool of the hotel will be closed for refurbishment from 15th November to 20th December, 2013. The renovation is being carried out with a view to upgrade the swimming pool facility for our guests.

All other hotel facilities will function as normal. We will have some private swimming pools of our suites available for usage during our guests' stays. They are equipped with sun loungers. Our regular pool service will be available including a food and beverage menu.

Further, the resort has an 850 meter beachfront which is an excellent option for our guests' use and relaxation during their stay. We offer complimentary water, cold towels and fresh juices twice a day as part of our beach service. Our regular lunch menu will be available on the beach on The Oberoi Sunbed Tray.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Simply it's heaven on earth, even if um not staying at this hotel every time I go to the Red Sea district , I have to visit and dine in the superb surroundings of this heavenly gem..
They have the best Indian food I have ever eaten , the chef is a world class culinary guru, and the service is always top notch, no flaws or mistakes ..
This hotel is one of a kind where peace of mind is guaranteed, amazing beach, amazing snorkeling, terrific landscaping where all the rooms are sea view, amazing food and superb staff, this hotel is not just the best in Hurghada, it's is without thinking the best in egypt
It's 10 min away from hurghada, 35 minutes away for el Gouna , where their is a huge variety if restaurants shops and clubs ..

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review at our resort. We are pleased that you enjoy our Indian food in particular that is cooked by Indian national chefs with authentic ingredients. We are also pleased that you enjoy each time the services and the products on offer. We look forward to many more visits and stays with us at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I've been meaning to write a review of this for some time and regret not doing it sooner as it will not be as detailed as i would have liked! I cannot recommend this hotel enough. My partner and I stayed in a private pool suite and discussed afterwards whether or not we thought the normal suits would've been worth the money. Maybe, maybe not. But the private pool suits were worth it completely! If you are bordering on being able to afford it then just do it! You can get by with a few cost savings in other areas. There is a lot of wind at times and during that time we would've had to hang out by the main pool. We much preferred having our own private sanctuary.

I was trying to find online some idea of the cost of food as a number of people had said it was expensive. We tended not to eat in the restaurants at night. We ordered room service a fair amount and the serving sizes of the entree/starters/appetizers were by far enough for us. I took photos of the in room menus as well if anyone wants to get a better idea of the prices. Because had i known the breakfast could last us most of the day and the fruit/pastries we had included in our package then i wouldn't have worried so much about booking the more expensive room and spending a fortune there.

We played a lot of tennis (free) and swam in our pool and off the jetty and really made the most of our time there. We went into town a couple of times but it felt a bit lacklustre compared to our hotel.

This has to be one of the most upmarket resorts in Egypt. You can tell it's run by people who know what they're doing! The Manager remembered us by name and greeted us always.

If you want time to get away from it all then i couldnt recommend this hotel enough! It honestly felt like a private villa in a town than in a hotel. So much mroe relaxed and free!

Room Tip: Definitely go for a private pool room! You will not be disappointed! Completely private! Sheltered f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are pleased that you enjoyed the suite with the private pool and all the facilities that it has to offer. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the variety of food on offer via in suite dining. We look forward to your return visit.
Email: generalmanager.sahlhasheesh@oberoihotels.com

Been to The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh? Share your experiences!