“My Honey moon never expected better” 5 of 5 stars

The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 117 | Red Sea Coast, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #1 of 178 Hotels in Hurghada
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“My Honey moon never expected better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Brilliant hotel, Extra welcoming friendly Staff, Super Luxurious Sweet with my private pool with extreme privacy. Perfect food varieties and quality,I won't forget the towel decoration specially made for us.and for sure I won't forget my friend Moustafa in the reception, the most polite welcoming guy I've ever seen. Simply It's perfect and sure I want to visit again

Room Tip: The Grand suites are amazing directly infront of the sea
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing The Oberoi for your honeymoon. We are pleased that you have carried back fond memories of your special vacation. Thank you for your comments on our product and services on offer. We look forward to your return visit.
Email: generalmanager.sahlhasheesh@oberoihotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Friendly, attentive staff who want you to have the perfect stay. Commencing with the smooth transfer from the airport, the courteous and friendly reception on arrival, the upgrade to a pool villa (exceptional in every way), fantastic quality & variety of food, the daily events (stargazing & cookery lessons were amazing), to the stunning coral reefs with their colourful (& friendly) inhabitants plus the pure chill out factor made this an exceptional holiday to remember. We have had many amazing holiday experiences around the world, but have always maintained a rule not to return to the same place twice. For the Oberoi Sahl Hasheesh we will be breaking this rule for sure. Thank you all at the Sahl Hasheesh for the most relaxing and memorable holiday. J&M

Room Tip: All rooms were peaceful and private - but with a sense of community.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments on our product and services on offer. We are extremely pleased that you will return to our resort in the near future. The star gazing, cooking lessons and other "Touching Senses" activities that we organize free of charge are very popular with all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had very good time at the Oberoi Hurghada. It was the second time to stay in the hotel, and each time I had friendly and precised service. All staffs are attentive and try to make the guest comfortable.

I like restaurant and bar in this hotel. Compareing to prices in Egypt, it is pretty expensive, but it is worth paying. The hotel has only two restaurants, but they change the menu slightly evreryday, so I always had good variety of food, and of course, they were nice.

It locates away from Hurghada town. So, I don't recommend this hotel to those who want enjoy shopping, or night life. On the other hand, I am sure that is the best place to spend relax and quiet time.

If I have a chance to visit Hurghada, I surely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing us to return for your second stay at The Oberoi. We thank you for your patronage of our resort. I am pleased that once again you had a comfortable stay and have taken back fond memories. We eagerly look forward to your third visit in the very near future.
Ruthin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We knew the Oberoi was nice because a friend had loved it. From the moment we arrived it exceeded all our expectations. The staff in every area of the hotel are charming, even the poor guys gardening in the heat! A wonderful, spacious and private room; delicious food at every meal; plenty of comfy loungers around the pool and so many activities for those who wanted it. The hotel became quite full but didn't feel that was the case. We will definitely will be going back.

Room Tip: Only get a sea view if you plan to spend most of the time on the beach and not the pool.
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the recommendation of a friend. We are pleased to note that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. We look forward to many more visits in the near future.
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am a little late in writing my review. We stayed at the Oberio in April for one week. Firstly when you book your stay at the Oberio, please ensure that you have booked the Hotel's own transport. I thought I had done, but hadn't. We had an awful experience with A2B transfer company. On arriving at the airport we waited well over an hour to be taken to our Hotel, and then we were nearly left behindt the airport. The transfer back to the Airport was not any better. There were too many people for the coach to transport and then the luggage was unloaded through a window dropping down onto the floor.

I agree with all the positive reviews already said about the Oberio. I cannot and would not say anything negative about this Hotel. We stayed in a Deluxe Room (116) and the room was only a hop skip, and a jump from the Hotel and the Beach. Our room lads were superb and always worked enthusiastically

Unfortunately, the weather is in the hands of the Gods. It was windy, but the breeze was very welcoming.

I would like to say a huge thank you to Dr Ahmed Samy and his team. Both my Husband and myself were unwell on holiday (NOT FOOD RELATED). Dr Samy came out three times to treat myself and my Husband and he got us up and about in 24 hours.

I would definately stay at this Hotel again. I do prefer Hurghada to Sharm. It is a lot quieter than Sharm and the beaches and snorkling are far better. You do not get hassled in Hurghada as you do in Sharm.

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff at the Oberio who all work so hard to give us a super holiday.

Room Tip: Room numbers 301 - 324 are a little way from the beach and main hotel amenities. If you are conside...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a review of our resort. The team and I are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I would like to let all readers know that the resort has a fleet of Mercedes cars which we use for our airport transfers and trips into downtown which are available if booked directly with us.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Regards,
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

From the time you land in Hurghada airport to the time we were dropped off, everything was just perfect. We were upgraded to a pool villa and this itself made such a big difference to the experience. All members of the team begining with their General Manager Dhiren to Chef Ashish and the housekeeping stafff always seemed to either know what we would need/like or be around to help out. Dosa's for breakfast certainly made my day every morning. The diving just off the hotel's private beach is also excellent.

I cant wait to head back there..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oberoi_SahlHasheesh, General Manager at The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our resort. We are pleased that you have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. Our Indian breakfast options are a highlight of our guests' stays with us. I am pleased that we could accommodate your requests. We certainly hope you consider our resort for your next break and vacation.
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have just come back from another wonderful stay at The Oberoi! We have stayed there on at least 10 occasions ranging from 1-4nights, and EVERY time, the staff have helped in every way they can - they always remember you, and say 'good morning/afternoon' in passing, always ask if there's anything you need, and will always go out of their way to assist with any requirements you may have. The spa treatments are lovely - never knew such petite thai ladies could be so strong in a massage! However, they will cater for whatever you/your body needs. The food is always of a top class standard - breakfast is buffet (anything you like, from pancakes, omelettes, cereal, cheeses, fresh juice, etc). There is always complimentary bread with lunch and dinner.
To conclude, we LOVE this hotel - food, cleanliness (always spotless!), service, facilities (including a gorgeous pool and private beach with great snorkelling/diving opportunities).
This is a true 5 star hotel in our eyes, and worth every penny, and there is certainly nothing comparable to it in the area!!
(Can't wait until our next stay in November!!)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valued loyal patronage of The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh. The team eagerly looks forward each time to you stay with us. Thank you for your comments on the spa, food and beverage and other services on offer. We look forward to welcoming you back in November.
Email: generalmanager.sahlhasheesh@oberoihotels.com

Been to The Oberoi, Sahl Hasheesh? Share your experiences!