“Super Hotel !!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Lviv
“Super Hotel !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Super Hotel !!!!!!!
It is a wonderful hotel. Everything I liked it. Especially good staff and great food. One minus internet. But in general the hotel is worth five points.
Also want to wish and to continue to keep this level of service and service to all visitors of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Oleg,

Thank you very much for placing your comments online. I am really pleased you have enjoyed your stay at our magnificent Mercure and that you took pleasure in our hospitable and caring team, delicious food and the services style. I do appreciate your comment concerning the internet and you are right the current speed does not match with some of our guest’s expectations, that’s why we are actually seeking for a new internet provider and we are expected to upgrade the speed as soon as possible.
Mercure Hurghada team is waiting for you for another pleasant and relaxing holiday.

ACCOR BRAND: Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Ibis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a great holiday there, the rooms are all sea view and pool view which was amazing indeed, the food was ok not too fancy but not bad either, the beach is vast and private if you prefer that.
but what we did like the most was the animation team !! They were hilarious, and a professional show, every evening was some different and spectacular show.and their attitude affected all the guests really.
That's why i named my review " a great spirit"
I do recommend this four star all inclusive hotel as good value for money.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Shady,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your holiday experience at Mercure Hurghada. I am extremely glad you took pleasure in our sea front and swimming pool locations, exclusive sandy beach and famed amazing professional animation team. I do appreciate your remark regarding the food which is extremely valuable and help us carry on our continuous efforts to upgrade our buffet menus and keep the worth of money which is greatly valued by the majority of our guests.
We do look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon at our marvelous Mercure.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were celebrating New Year and my husbads birthday in Mercure Hurghada. Mercure team took care of every single detail in the best possible way. We could just enjoy. Food was nicely presented and tasty, lots of different options every day. Service was very warm and friendly. Much more than expected. Our daughter was known by name. My husband got a tasty birthday cake to our room. Animation team made us to move all day from early morning to late night. Exellent shows every day. New year Kleopatra party was absolutely spectacular with hudreds of candles and other decorations, arabit horses, camels, bellydancers, presents and flowers, unbelieveble food tables etc. You have to see it! No wonder why people want to come year after year again. In the hotel area there is a lot to do, camel or horse riding, snorkling, mini golf, table tennis etc. You can have a boat trip to Giftun or try scuba diving. We had no many reasons to go out from the hotel area. Thousand kisses to Hurghada team led by wonderful Mr. Aladin. Thank You our princess Dancing Queen Olga, also friendly Jasmine, all smily poolbar pizzaboys and icecream men, our wonderful cleaner Samer who amused us with toweldecorations. Our daughter didn't want to come home. She wanted to stay in Egypt as a camel driver, missing friendly camels Max and Simon. Greetings to everyone from Finland.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Kipa,
“Our daughter didn’t want to go home...” this is the most honorable award we can receive as recognition for our efforts.
Thank you very much for your sympathetic words and for choosing Mercure Hurghada for celebrating special family events of your husband’s birthday and the New Year Eve. I am extremely thrilled to know you spent such great time and that our services have exceeded your expectations. It is with pleasure you have enjoyed the New Year’s Eve entertainment program, varied and yummy food, cordial and warm services, our famed amazing animation team and the diversity of sports activities.
I will gladly communicate your kind feedback to the team with a special mention to the dancing queen Olga the guest relation who loves to participate in this show, Jasmine and Samer whom will be delighted to read your touching and encouraging comments.
By the way Aladin, Jasmine, Olga etc… it’s our real first names
All the team is eagerly waiting for your next holiday at your wonderful Mercure hotel.

Isle of Man
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Travelled by road from Luxor. Arriving into Hurghada it seemed a bit like Las Vegas with big, brash hotel complexes. The Mercure is set apart so quieter which suited us. Long drive to reception. Our rep sorted our check in. Room are in attractive blocks slightly away from main buildings, set in lush gardens. The main hotel is extensive with lots of facilities. The pool area is lovely, the main pool is deep and did not feel too cold. The beach area is beyond the pool and football field and also has lots of beds. The quality of beds and seats by pool were very good. The buffet meals were very extensive. However, we found that despite warming plates, most dishes were lukewarm by the time we were back at our table. The AI drinks were easy to obtain and they served you as many drinks as requested. However, the cocktails were not nicely presented and often you had to apply your own soda or seven-up from the drinks dispenser which does not fit the upmarket image of the overall hotel. We did not find reception staff to be friendly and they wanted high charges to retain room and AI bands and towels. Given the hotel was clearly not very busy despite peak time, their attitude was annoying and unhelpful. We did a day's diving using Seafari which is based on the hotel site- it was great that we were the only 4 people on the boat but this highlights the fact many people seem to be staying away because of perceived government issues. Apart from the aggressive attitude of local traders everywhere, we found no problems travelling through Egypt.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our Mercure for your recent stay in Hurghada and for taking the time to share your holiday experience online. I am happyto know that you have enjoyed the variety of the hotel’s services, verdant gardens, swimming pool and beach areas andfacilities as well as the wide range and selection of drinks and buffets menus.
I do appreciate your valuable comments concerning keeping the food warmer, and promise to work more on the cocktails presentation, as your remarks are extremely helpful and assist us continue our constant efforts to develop our services, and always keeping our high value for money which is highly appreciated by most of our guest.
Whoever I would like to inform you that during your stay the hotel was over 85% occupancy but you are right the space and facilities of the hotel never give the impression of a fully booked hotel even when it is 100%.
You made the right choice by selecting Seafari diving center whose team is real professionals and I am sure they will be glad to read your review.
Mercure team is looking forward to welcome you back soon and wishes you a happy and prosperous new year.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Anyone thinking of a family orientated holiday with kids, this will cover all your needs!!

We had an amazing time, huge thanks to all the staff who made it a wonderful holiday, especially Mohammed A Razek - he made our daughter laugh so much. The animation team were fantastic for sport, fun and games!

The staff were so attentive throughout our holiday and helpful when our daughter was unwell and sick.

Such a relaxing place and a mix of beach, snorkelling, xmas fun and games for kids and for adults too! I would highly recommend it to families that want to chill out and spend quality time together.

The staff were great and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable.

The facilities are great, tennis, gym, squash, ping pong and plenty going on with the animation team who were a lot of fun, and Dodo was great in the Spa with a very relaxing hammam.

Food was top quality throughout with lots of choice. We will definitely go back again in future, we didn't want to leave!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your encouraging comments on Tripadvisor. Mercure team hopes your daughter had a speedy recovery and is in better health now.I am delighted to know that you have taken pleasure in the Xmas celebrations, family atmosphere, variety and selection of the animation activities, our exclusive golden sandy beach, relaxing SPA, caring staff and delicious food. I will share your gratitude with the team with a special mention to Mohamed Abdel Razek, Doudou and the animation team whom I am sure will be thrilled to read your touching words.
The Mercure team wishes you a very happy and prosperous new year and is waiting for you in the very near future.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I came back today (26/12/12) from a week in this great hotel. I booked it the day before the departure, it was a total gamble but I needed a break urgently and I was pleasantly surprised. There are 10 small 3-storey buildings with a typical oriental architecture, spread-out on the green compound. It's an all-inclusive hotel (to my surprise) where one feels at home from day one, the food is really good, varied and well-presented. The staff is great, nobody eyed me in my bikini which I think is important in a muslim country. They all love children over there, and even the waiters remembered both my boys' names from the start. The director introduced himself and has a good contact with the guests, and I find this important as it sets the standards/example for the rest of the staff. The guest relations girl took great care of my family, her role was to ensure that our stay went well, and I suspect she was behind the goodies we got in our room on three occasions. The other guests were from the UK, France, Germany, Finland, RUssia and the Ukraine. Unlike other hotels in the area, there must have been only 60% Eastern Europeans, which meant that there was a nice balance. (Nobody was too drunk or rude despite the all-inclusive alcoholic drinks). Thank you to the entire team for making my stay really enjoyable! Maybe my only comment would be to change the luggage transporters' wheels, as I could hear the rattle from my room (ground floor) when they were bringing luggage to an fro on the paths.

Room Tip: Next time, when my children are older and I won't be using a stroller anymore, I would choose a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Julie,

Thank you for selecting Mercure Hurghada for your recent stay in Egypt and for taking the time to post your review online and for your valuable remark regarding the luggage trolleys which was our today’s subject in the management meeting, till we change the trolleys I have already instructed the Bell Captains to slow down while getting closer to the rooms. .
I do appreciate your observation concerning the staff’s respect to our guests’ freedom and cultural differences which is truly an entrenched trait within the Egyptian society and I am extremely glad you have enjoyed your holidays and you liked our stylish Andalusian design buildings, flourishing gardens, tasty food, family atmosphere and caring staff.
With pleasure I will convey your appreciation to the team with a special mention to our guests’ relations representative whom certainly will be inspired by your encouraging feedback and will be much more motivated to provide their every day care to all our guests.
Mercure Hurghada team is waiting for you shortly for a new relaxing holiday.

neuchâtel suisse
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I spent one week in the hotel . Very nice place!
I came alone with my 2 years old daughter.
We started our holidays with wrong reservation ( my fault!), then my daughter got ill ( acute bronchite) and EVERYBODY helped me to manage the situation . I was alone without my husband but i felt like beeing with my family for all the kindness from everybody. Thany you Dr. Mena, Olga, Cloé, Mr. "Arafet" Ahmed, the man who brings water every morning to your room saying "heellooo good morning" with big smile and everybody i met during my stay.

Room Tip: room 1325; nice, quiet ...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aladin S, General Manager at Mercure Hurghada, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Anouck,

Thank you very much for your nice words, I really appreciate that you took time posting your nice words about our hotel on tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear from you, that you felt as a member of the family in Mercure Hurghada, and I wish your daughter is in a better health now!
I will share your appreciation with every one you mentioned, Dr. Mina, Olga, Cloe and Ahmed.
I am very pleased that they helped in making your vacation better.
Looking forward to seeing you again in your second home Mercure Hurghada.

ACCOR BRAND: Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Ibis

Been to Mercure Hurghada? Share your experiences!