“Basic review for the non family visitor” 4 of 5 stars

Movenpick Resort Hurghada
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   El Fareek Youssef Affifi Street, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #38 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
Berlin, Germany
“Basic review for the non family visitor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Reading the above reviews I wanted to share my notes on my stay at Mövenpick. I was traveling alone as I had some unexpected time off and was fed up with the European 'Spring'.

The resort is near to the airport and most tour operators drop you of right at the door. Its clear the resort is a bit older as it was recently taken over by Mövenpick and upgraded. That they did well. So everything apart from the rooms is quite new but the rooms are still older. That does not mean the're not up to standards, on the contrary. Rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped.

Swimming pool and outside area are also older but good. Not as fancy as the brand new resorts but, hey, you pay at least a couple of hundreds more for them per week.

Food: I find this important and am a critical eater, that is I eat almost everything but it needs a certain base standard. My opinion: I think they do well! At least they make an effort in trying to have varied dishes, local, European and Russian (loads of Russians -but they are not hindering whatsoever-) Try the local dishes (mostly on Friday) as they taste excellent but I noticed most guests did not even want to try. Good Cous Cous etc.
Breakfast: standard what you expect and plenty.
Lunch: I did not take full board but saw it was ok but nothing more. A bit like the breakfast.

Tip for people on a budget and not full board: Just outside the hotel local shops sell water, Coca Cola (for beer go to the nearest bar and buy from the fridge) for very low prices 50 cents or less for a can..

Apart from this on Hurghada as a village: nothing fancy, no culture. Don't go there for that. Just sun and nice temperatures. But Luxor is near so that hugely compensates!

Room Tip: Front rooms are nice but at night the entertainment can drive you crazy as they tend to put the volu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went on a quick 3 day trip to Hurghada and stayed at this location. The price was good.

The shuttle picked us up at the airport and though they were on time, it seems the driver was waiting for someone who never arrived because we waited until the airport cleared out before we headed to the hotel.

There were some immediate issues upon check in, involving the cost since we decided that we needed an additional room. There was a bit of a language barrier, but we managed to sort things out, but it took about 45 minutes. They did allow us to have an early check in at no additional cost.

There were a few other missteps in our stay: The toilet was broken (they did eventually fix it), the door was broken (they fixed it too), the lights went out; we were without lights in the room with the beds for 2 of the 3 days, there was no beverage service on the beach, we rented a boat for an hour to go out and see the coral reef and the boat ran out of gas while we were out and my package did not allow me access to the jacuzzi (though I was unaware of any restrictions; the guy explained that making a reservation means that there's an additional cost - language barrier).

Unfortunately, I don't like cats and there was a cat that was freely roaming the property. We saw it each night that were there. That did not make me comfortable.

The sports team is energetic and it was fun to participate in their activities.

The food at the Italian restaurant was good. The breakfast could have been better. I finally figured out that instead of ordering an omelette (that was undercooked), that I should order scrambled eggs (and they were fully cooked). Generally speaking, there's a lot of bread for breakfast, but the food selection, though plentiful, was mostly unappealing to me.

Oh, and the poolside restaurants were just right. The lounges were comfortable too. Of course, the ice cream was tasty.

The pool is wonderful and the beach is nice too.

The beds were fluffy; the room had a nice view.

Finally, I did talk to the manager about many of the problems we'd experienced on the trip (and the things that went well too). He mentioned that the hotel is a newer acquisition for Movenpick and they are working on bringing it up to full Movenpick standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
saied M, Front Office Manager at Movenpick Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Sunny greetings from Mövenpick Resort Hurghada!

We would like to take this opportunity and thank you kindly for your on line feedback below following your recent stay with us.

This will help us in continually improving our service towards our guests and is of the utmost importance to us.

We thank you in advance very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

We would certainly be delighted to be able and welcome you again at Mövenpick Resort Hurghada
Best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very large and clean rooms, good food, friendly staff, great location near to the airport , awesome programs for all days . Sea view rooms with higher floor are perfect.
we recommend these guys! Great pleasure!
Thank you Mövenpick Hurghada for making our stay as great as it was - we'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The resort is 15 mins of Hurghada airport. It is located in village road which is a relatively new and lively area. There is a pharmacy and a supermarket just infront of the hotel. And many cafes, restaurants and pubs along village road.
You can tell from the minute you step inside the front door that you will be having a great stay! The staff are extremely helpful and friendly in a very professional way, They did all what they can to make sure we have a comfortable stay. we were supposed to check in at 2pm but we arrived at 10am and there was no available clean rooms, Fady from the reception was very helpful and managed to find me a room to freshen up because I was really tired. And all through our stay they used to check on us and ask about our day and if we need anything.
The room was overlooking the pool and part of the beach, it was very spacious and clean. The only thing I didnt like was the noise coming from kids on the pool all day long.
You will not get bored from spending the whole day on the pool or beach, on the pool they have daily aquagym and kids shows. Plenty of watersports on the beach. There is also a scubadiving center in the hotel. Hotel also organizes submarine daily trips and snorkeling.
Breakfast was really good and the service was great.
To go to the city center you will find many taxis outside the hotel, they'll take you there fo 30-40 EGP.
It was a great stay overall and I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Avoid ground and 1st floor rooms located on the pool if you prefer quite rooms. Book a BB room and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
MPHotelEgypt, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel!

We are delighted to know, that you had a great stay with us and that our services and facilities were meeting up to your expectations.

Hoping to be able to welcoming you back at Moevenpick Resort Hurghada very soon and wishing you all the best.

Yours sincerely

Brigitte Gobran, Public Relations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have lived in Egypt for five years and my job requires a decent amount of traveling. Out of all the hotels around the world that I’ve stayed, I have to say that Moevenpick’s Hurghada establishment is one of the best. I visited the Moevenpick Resort Hurghada on June 13-16, and the first greeting besides reception was a handwritten note welcoming me by name beside a plate of Egyptian pastries.

In a country where customer service is not on the priority list, if on a list at all, the staff at the resort went above and beyond to help every client. There were guest relations personnel (Ingrid) present for each activity while also walking up and down the beach to make sure guests’ needs were met. The servers at various eateries in addition to the bartenders (Ahmed in particular) were absolutely amazing. The inclusive breakfast offered a large variety even for the pickiest of eaters.

Communication was top notch with staff approaching guests to relay a mixology or cooking lesson at 4 pm, freely giving out boating trip information for an upcoming event, etc. Basically, these are things that some people whom have never traveled to the area would not necessarily know were available to even inquire. When I left early Sunday morning, the staff had prepared a breakfast bag for the road – something I haven’t seen other hoteliers offer.

And it wasn’t just the friendliness and efficiency I saw when I made a request, it was what I saw when I was simply observing. For instance, the person cleaning the hotel lobby’s floors had a smile on his face although he was not speaking or looking at anyone. Employees taking the initiative to clean out the showers from the beach without being directed to do so, taking a group of three gentlemen over four hours. The cleaning staff greeted each passerby asking if they needed any more towels or other room items. This indicates a great training program, but also an atmosphere where employees are happy at their jobs. And that happiness is an indication of how the hotel is treating its staff.

I personally can’t say enough wonderful things about my experience, but what I can say is that I hope to return in the near future with other friends so they too can have the same wonderful time that I had.

Room Tip: Each room has a balcony with a beautiful Red Sea view so every room is great. In addition, prices we...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This fantastic resort located few minutes of Hurghada airport, at the premonade (village road), which is the new part of Hurghada, where resturants, coffee shops, and bazars of different styles are available. My room was a large one with a sea view and also overlooking the swimming pool and a very nicely landscaped garden. The room furnature was modern and the room was very clean and the aircondition was perfect. The front disc people were very pleasent and helpful. The swimming pools are large and very clean. The beach is a bay with a sandy shore and minimal wavy sea water. There is a bar and sea food restornt at the beach and the serving people are very welcoming. I had dinner at the Italian restorant in the hotel, and the food was great and also the service. The hotel has a main restornt too, which has an open buffet and there are three other places, two outdoors and one indoor which serve drinks, ice cream and cackes. I enjoyed staying in this resort, though i didnt try the health club, massage, diving center and the cruise. I strongly recommend this resort for those who wants to enjoy days in Hurghada

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room with sea view to have the best view without inturruptin of palm trees
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
MPHotelEgypt, Public Relations Manager at Movenpick Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent review!

We are delighted to know, that you had spent a nice and relaxing holiday in our resort and that the services and facilities on offer were meeting up to your expectations. The hotel does enjoy indeed a unique location: directly on the beach with great swimming bay and the Hurghada promenade walking area is just outside, so guests can easily venture the surrounding areas by foot.
We thank you for recommending our hotel to others and we hope it will not be too long, before we can welcome you back at Moevenpick Resort Hurghada.

Best regards

Brigitte Gobran, Public Relations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Alot of water sports and activities, awesome events
You will not need to go outside.

Sea view rooms with higher floor are perfect

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Movenpick Resort Hurghada? Share your experiences!