Reading the above reviews I wanted to share my notes on my stay at Mövenpick. I was traveling alone as I had some unexpected time off and was fed up with the European 'Spring'.
The resort is near to the airport and most tour operators drop you of right at the door. Its clear the resort is a bit older as it was recently taken over by Mövenpick and upgraded. That they did well. So everything apart from the rooms is quite new but the rooms are still older. That does not mean the're not up to standards, on the contrary. Rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped.
Swimming pool and outside area are also older but good. Not as fancy as the brand new resorts but, hey, you pay at least a couple of hundreds more for them per week.
Food: I find this important and am a critical eater, that is I eat almost everything but it needs a certain base standard. My opinion: I think they do well! At least they make an effort in trying to have varied dishes, local, European and Russian (loads of Russians -but they are not hindering whatsoever-) Try the local dishes (mostly on Friday) as they taste excellent but I noticed most guests did not even want to try. Good Cous Cous etc.
Breakfast: standard what you expect and plenty.
Lunch: I did not take full board but saw it was ok but nothing more. A bit like the breakfast.
Tip for people on a budget and not full board: Just outside the hotel local shops sell water, Coca Cola (for beer go to the nearest bar and buy from the fridge) for very low prices 50 cents or less for a can..
Apart from this on Hurghada as a village: nothing fancy, no culture. Don't go there for that. Just sun and nice temperatures. But Luxor is near so that hugely compensates!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moevenpick Resort Hurghada is located in Hurghada's Promenade and local attractions include New Marina as well as nearby shopping and entertainment facilities. Hotel Features. This Hurghada property has a private beach offering diving and large variety of water sports directly from the beach. Dining options at Moevenpick Resort Hurghada include a buffet restaurant and 2 specialty restaurants, a pool side restaurant and a beach bar. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool, a children's pool, a health club, a sauna, and a fitness facility. Spa amenities include massage/treatment rooms and beauty services. This 5star property offers a large event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms and exhibit space, audio-visual equipment and wireless Internet access in public areas. Concierge services and tour assistance are available as well Airport shuttle service. Guestrooms. 252 air-conditioned guestrooms at Moevenipck Resort Hurghada feature minibars and coffee/tea makers. All accommodations have balconies and enjoy great views over the pool and the Red Sea. Bathrooms feature, bath tub, bidets, makeup/shaving mirrors and hair dryers. In addition to safes, guestrooms offer direct dial phones, Satellite television and internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Movenpick Resort Hurghada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Continental Resort Hurghada Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Hotel Hurghada
- Intercontinental Resort Hurghada
- Intercontinental Hurghada