- the beach (definitely).
A huge beach which span is about 1500m. The left side of the beach's sandy, the right's shingle. A rocky strip in the water along the beach ( you will need a pair of a rubber shoes for swimming) but there are 2 comfortable (smooth and sandy) entrances to the water, perfect for the kids. You got to go about 100 meters to get to the depth. A plenty of small fishes, sometimes jellyfishes and skates. The beachboys are trying hard to make you feel good but still there's enough plastic litter(especially on the right side of the beach!!) to say the beach is untidy. The lack of sunbeds and tents so you won't find a place to lay if you come after 10AM. A strong nice wind. Some activities with animators: aqua gym, volleybal, bocha. The working language is russian.
You may use all pools, all cafes(you may go there an hour before i'ts closed) and bares.
Equipped with the most necessary stuff: a good climate-control, an old tv-set and a non-working remote control, a minibar (filled with the bottles of water for wich day you stay in a hotel and a bottle of coke) a fan, which was old and broken, sticked allover with a tape, it looked enough scary to be afraid to use it.
Old and ordinary egyptian furniture.
"+"More then Enough vegetables( different salads: romen, iceberg, arugula; pepper, cucumbers, sometimes tomatoes, oils,vinegars,sauces). Fruits: oranges, bananas, always melon or watermelon. A paradisiacal outstanding bakery.
"-"Almost no meat, fish or chicken. They almost cook nothing infront of your eyes. Just Meet which is in the food court flavored with hot sauces. A powder soups that are not even tasty. A food court area staff gives not more then a 3 slices of a cheese and a sausage per person. Difficult to find a served with a knife and a folk table.
- other annoyances:
Fire alarm. The fire alarm was ringing for 3 times during my stay(a week). The alarm sound was totally ignored by the stuff. Why it was ringing and what has happened is still a good question.
Stuff. The stuff (like in a bigger part of egyptian hotels,but still there some hotels in egypt where you won't be bothered by the stuff!) is not disciplined at all. They starring at you, say something when you are walking, when you order a drink( on arabic, as I guess something obscene!). And even picture you with no allowance!! I do not reccomend The hotel for women alone or just ignore them and dont be afraid to be rude enough to make them understand you are not interested in their attention.
Difficult to classify:
- territory. Huge(it won't be boring to walk in the evenings), but poorly maintained in some parts of the hotel: a damaged tile, wilted grass, palms and flovers, broken status of old golden lions... An awfull smell of wastes in some parts.
- water slides with a big pool. 5 or 6 slides. Work from 9-12am, 1(or2) -4pm; Not overcrowded.
- tourists. Families with small kids almost exclusively Russians (from villages or a very small cities; calm, not noisy,not drunk, occupied with their children) and Muslims. A very small amount of Germans and Czech.
-"dancing fountains". Even the kids who stayed in the hotel weren't neither surprised nor impressed.
I'm very sorry but Its Definitely not a 4 star hotel( even for Egypt!). 3 points in a review just for the sandy beach. Just a tolerably hotel.
If there was no food problems, I would recommend the hotel for couples with kids(0-15y.o) because of the sandy beach, the huge territory, the water slides.
I definitely do not recommend the hotel for all other categories of tourists.
Stayed alone, 23-30 may 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Category:4 Stars Check in :14:00 Check out :12:00 Location:Viewing the dancing fountain and the souvenirs shops.Considered the city's cozy and relaxing Hotel.Accommodation:3 round buildings centered by the swimming pools, and gardens Total of 400 rooms (varies between 35 and 48 m2) including :140 connected rooms.Most of 1st floor rooms have terrace , and most of 2nd floor have balconies .All rooms are equipped with: satellite- TV, individual adjustable air condition ,Minibar,safe box,daily clean linen & electricity: AC 220 volts,Bathrooms feature bathtub weighting scale, telephone , Hair dryer. Restaurants&Bars:"Golden Sun" main restaurant, 400 seats Cuisine: international Serving Breakfast , lunch, dinner. Bars:"Lobby Bar" 24 hours. "Quick Pick" Near swimming pool "Captain Morgan Bar" "Brauhous Bar" (west European clients) Services & Facilities:24-hour room service 24-hour concierge,Laundry service: charged as per consumption , price list available in the room Conferences Facility:Paradise conference room:capacity of 300 persons , Paradise VIPs Lounge: 150 seats. Internetcafe ,Limousine service,Beauty salon,Lobby shops,On request doctor,Tour & travel desk,Babysitting on request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Golden 5 The Club Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.