“Amazing Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Worcester
“Amazing Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

My main reason for writing this review is to agree with many reviews I read before we booked our hotel in Egypt.

The Hotel is situated in a very quiet area away from any other night life and shops.The hotel is at the end of a strip of hotels many of them unfinished and is right on the beach.

We chose a club room which was fantastic with sea and pool view I did notice some of the rooms looked out onto a building site and desert so the choice we made was well worth the extra money.

The hotel has a lovely pool area but many of the beds were already take at 6am but having said that we never had a problem finding a bed and the essential sun shade.The pool bar service and beach bar service was excellent nothing was too much too much for Tom Cruise and his friends whose names escape me at the minute.

Reception Bar service was outstanding again nothing was too much trouble we were treated like royalty Jacob has to be one of the hotels biggest assets he was very professional remembered our names and on many occasions had the drinks on the table minutes after we sat down.
I hope you look after your staff Hotel Tropitel they are your biggest asset.

Mexican and Italian restaurants you are allowed to book once each per week with the Italian open at lunch time although you need to be there before it opens at 1pm as the seating area is very limited. Both restaurants are excellent we preferred the Mexican but that was just personal choice.Again the staff are excellent and work very hard.

The Palm restaurant where the main buffet food is served again staff are excellent but we did find the food a bit hit and miss and found sometimes the food was excellent other times we struggled to find something to eat.
I'm not sure what the problem is but think it might be the combination and variety of food needs attention.There always seemed to be chicken wings and beef stew and although I like both I don't want to eat them everyday.
The quality and quantity of meet needs attention one night I had 1/4 of duck and couldn't find a single piece of meat to eat it was just bone and skin a second night the chef was carving beef and I was given two tiny slithers of beef which I topped up with chicken wings. This was the only down side to the holiday for us I'm afraid we have been spoilt on quality variety on previous holidays.

Beach was lovely, sun beds with wind screens and bar service were excellent we had burger and chips a few days for lunch but were never lucky enough to have chicken strips they had always sold out.This is where they have the entertainment is at night but we never got to see any shows the area is just a stage with a load of chairs seated round and I'm afraid does look a bit on the tatty side.We did use the golf buggy to go further up the strip to buy a few pressies for our grandchildren this cost 20 dollars for and hour but we did find out later you can get a better deal if you haggle two separate trips for £20.

Summing up would we go again Yes we would if the price was right and we wanted a quiet holiday in the sun with quality rooms and excellent staff

Say hello to Jacob Dennis and Angela

Stayed June 2014

747 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Gosport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We went to the Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh for a cheap autumn break in the sun and it didn't disappoint. We paid just over £1000 for 2 of us, all inclusive including flights, this was a bargain! Our room was huge and with a balcony that overlooked the main pool area and the sea, and it was very clean. Some minor maintenance issues that ought be be resolved (e.g. there was a slightly leaky pipe above the bathroom ceiling which sometime dripped through) but nothing that worried us much. Due to the decline in tourism in the region half of the hotel was mothballed - but is was quite tidy, not a building site. Facilities were fine and the food generally OK if not particularly special. Our visit included 1 evening meal in the Mexican and 1 in the Italian - both were a bit better than the buffet but in my opinion the buffet was OK. We were invited back to the Italian for a second visit by the manager (for no charge) and the chef laid on a fantastic meal for us (not on the menu), easily the best we had all week and also free decent wine to go with it! They seemed to like the English, suggesting we were better mannered than some of the other visitors.

A couple of negatives - we did get hassled a bit by people trying to sell us treatments, boat rides, diving trips etc but they got the message eventually. Similarly in the hotel shops - we only visited them once and wouldn't go back due to the pressure we were put under to buy things. Culturally this is a bit strange to us!

I went snorkelling from the hotel jetty a couple of times over the reef, it was pretty good, not quite Maldives variety of species but still good enough. I also had a couple of massages which were fine - the organisation of them was haphazard but the treatments quite good.

The staff that looked after us were brilliant - in the restaurant, in the bar and our room cleaner all really friendly and good service.

Location is OK but there isn't really anywhere to go outside the resort. We did an organised trip to Hurghada (where we stopped at an Oil store on the way, more pressure to part with money!) but the town isn't a place I'd go back to, didn't feel very safe to us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at the tropitel .Our room 5036 which had a pool view and sea view was very spacious cleaned every day we had fresh towels . The food was very nice the Mexican restaurant was very nice .
The pool was very nice .The entertainment teem were all lovely as we are all staff . The manager was always around if you had any problem and was very approachable
Thanks you

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

"Tropitel" is a lovely hotel in a comfortable place. The hotel for relax , family holiday. Very clean air. The clearest sea with beautiful coral ,fish. An easy entry into the sea from a pontoon. Very comfortable, clean rooms. Friendly wait staff, always ready to help. Wonderful restaurant with a large selection of dishes. Everywhere is clean and pleasant. Coordinated animation team. I would like to mention the animation- Walid and Julia. They do stretching on grass and aerobics in the pool. Salah, who kept one of the shows very well , is the chief of animation, controls well all the guys , who are always prepared for competitions, shows and various games. Very nice and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel "Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh" is located in a picturesque place in 18 km from Hurghada, in Sahl Hasheesh area. This place is almost untouched by civilization with long sandy beaches to coast of clearest sea and the cleanest air! "Tropitel Hotel" is a wonderful place for families and for families with children. Small area, good plot. Beach with clean sand, comfortable sunbeds. During the flow , you can admire the sea stars, beautiful fishes. The clearest sea and comfortable descents with a pontoon. Affable and friendly staff. Restaurant apart from the competition! Very good service. There is a good animation team. You will not be bored! Morning gymnastics at the swimming pool, aerobics in the pool, beach volleyball, football, boccia. Things to any taste! You can rent bikes and ride along the sea on a comfortable path. And in the evening there is an entertainment which is waiting for you! The animation offers a variety of competitions, shows, disco. We're thrilled to stay in this hotel! We invite you to visit this hotel! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Koper, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I just returned from our two week vacations. When I got it the hotel i was really amazed, the place was so big and beautiful, i couldn't stop whatching around. The room had a lot of space and it was comfortable. People who work in the hotel are all so nice. It feels really great when someone asks hows your day and if every thing is all right. The food was really good and delicious. The waiters were always so positive and funny, some of them did even know who to speak a little bit of my languege so it was really beautiful to hear that. They have all worked with so much passion. I'm young, and a part of the vacations for me was to have a lot of fun. I have to thank all the animation team, they did every thing to make it fun and special. They have a lot of energy and you can see that they want people to have fun. This vacations really were the best, I didn't want to go home, but I had to. Next year I'm definitely going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Povazska Bystrica, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It is a nice, safety place with jetty to open sea with a nice corals, not so perfect like in Marsa Alam, but enough for snorkeling with variety of fish.Who is afraid to swim in open sea can swim in two lagoons.Rooms and all hotel places are cleaned well, food is perfect too.Who want to walk or bike near sea, can go to beautiful Old Town Sahl Hashees, what is a nice place with a few shops .I was in Egypt eight times on different places so I can recommend this hotel for all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Tropitel Sahl Hasheesh? Share your experiences!